mtbr member

Loose main pivot bolts....

I have been experiencing the drive side main pivot bolts coming loose on both my Highline and six pack. I have to tighten them every 3-4 rides and as many of you know, they aren't the easiest to reach and sort of a pain. Anyone else have this problem or did have and were able to fix it? Maybe just a little Loc-tite? Input would be appreciated.

ES

Elitest thrill junkie
    Red loctite. When you want to remove them, heat them up with a soldering iron to break the bonds.

Blue loctite didn't do crap for my 6pack.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

FM
    luxatio erecta
    Kinda the worst thing you can do is frequently check/tighten the bolts, breaking the lock-tite bond in the process. Once the bond is broken, you'll need to take the bolts out (both sides), clean them (and the threads they mate with) with denatured alcohol, apply fresh lock-tite and re-install with a torque wrench to spec, then let is sit overnight for the lock-tite to set up.

mtbr member
    Sounds reasonable enough. Good thing I have two. One to ride while the other sits overnight. By the way FM, I beleive you ride on occasion with Geolover...is that right? I don't knoiw how often you come up to hit Galby, but I always enjoy shredding with new folks, so until Geo is healed up, send me a PM when you are heading up here and We can rock it.

ES

Trophy Husband
    Quote Originally Posted by Easyskankin'
    I have been experiencing the drive side main pivot bolts coming loose on both my Highline and six pack. I have to tighten them every 3-4 rides and as many of you know, they aren't the easiest to reach and sort of a pain. Anyone else have this problem or did have and were able to fix it? Maybe just a little Loc-tite? Input would be appreciated.

ES
    Maybe it's time to lay off the "home baked" cookies .

420 bro!
    Extreme stationary biker.

FM
    luxatio erecta
    By the way FM, I beleive you ride on occasion with Geolover...is that right? I don't knoiw how often you come up to hit Galby, but I always enjoy shredding with new folks, so until Geo is healed up, send me a PM when you are heading up here and We can rock it.

ES
    Not often enough

Things may change, but usually if I drive that far north I'm headed for BC! Nonetheless I'll keep you posted- July's booked but August is lookin' real good.

mtbr member
    That must be why those cookies at your 4th of July bash were so delicious!

Trophy Husband
    That must be why those cookies at your 4th of July bash were so delicious!

EasyS, flyin' home from AK tomorrow. See the good Doctor tomorrow afternoon...hoping to get some good news regarding riding.

Maybe we can get some Galby time in soon?
    Extreme stationary biker.

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    im a big fan of ti prep these days. ive never liked locktite, too hard to deal with and many times gives false hope. like the others have said, use a torque wrench if yer not reeeeeeeal familliar with the feel of bolt stretch.
    No, I'm NOT back!