Does your dog bite?

Looking for a new used frame

Found a L, 2003 Turner RFX. Looks to be in decent condition. What's it worth?
    I'm 6'2", will a L fit me?

Thanks -

Captain Underpants
    What is your inseam measurement? Weight?

What size bike do you currently ride?

long standing member
    Quote Originally Posted by vova
    Found a L, 2003 Turner RFX. Looks to be in decent condition. What's it worth?
    I'm 6'2", will a L fit me?

Thanks -
    2003? Really? I didn't realize Turner had a 2003 model.

Edit: According to some posts in this thread RFX production stopped in '02 and resumed in late '04 with the introduction of the Six Pack. Maybe the one you're looking at is an '02?

Here are the specs for the 2002 RFX. I assume the large would be the 19.5". If the specs are the same, I'd guess that would be too small for you, unless you want the frame to be small for a reason.

Last edited by PCinSC; 12-26-2006 at 10:24 PM.

Does your dog bite?
    Weight is normally about 190. Currently 198lbs with the holidays
    Currently ride an XL Santa Cruz Superlight.
    Don't know inseam.

Does your dog bite?
    Anyone selling a XL RFX or 5-spot?

FM
    mtbr member
    Yeah there was no 2003 RFX.

RFX's were made through '02 with yearly changes. The six-pack was introduced for '05 I think, but available in late '04. Then the RFX name was brought back later, but not consistently. There were a few RFX-style frames made in '03-'04, which were all pretty much one-off's... the mauler, route 66, etc. You're looking at a 2lb+ weight difference between all these frames and geometry differences too. Pass on some more info on the frame you are considering.

Sizing is tricky for RFX's. Many people (including myself) consider the 18" a large. I'm 5'-9" and rode the 16.5 (aka "medium") and it was perfect. A freind who's over 6'-0" had an 18" and it fit him great- but was way too big for me. If you are looking for more of an XC fit, I would skip the older RFX models altogether.

not so super...
    A friend rides a large 2002 as his "do everthing" bike and he is 6'2". FWIW...He loves the fit and ride.

Is this the one you are looking at? http://cgi.ebay.com/Turner-RFX-six-p...QQcmdZViewItem

I told this dood last week that this frame wasn't a 6 Pack or a 2003. FWIW...he had it listed previously with a $1200 starting bid.

I would ask the seller to verify the serial number with Turner to determine the year and then have him measure the seat tube to determine the size.
    Last edited by SSINGA; 12-27-2006 at 07:56 AM.
    Nothing to see here.

Does your dog bite?
    Quote Originally Posted by SSINGA
    A friend rides a large 2002 as his "do everthing" bike and he is 6'2". FWIW...He loves the fit and ride.

Is this the one you are looking at? http://cgi.ebay.com/Turner-RFX-six-p...QQcmdZViewItem

I told this dood last week that this frame wasn't a 6 Pack or a 2003. FWIW...he had it listed previously with a $1200 starting bid.

I would ask the seller to verify the serial number with Turner to determine the year and then have him measure the seat tube to determine the size.
    That's the one. What do you think it's worth? Now that everyone will be bidding on it
    Thanks-
    Last edited by vova; 12-27-2006 at 09:58 AM.

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack

That's the one. What do you think it's worth? Now that everyone will be bidding on it
    Thanks-
    id be hard pressed to give any more than $800 for it in its present condition if it is indeed just the frame. its a rockin frame i can tell ya. 12 hunny for a semi beat lookin rfx with a old shock? im havin trouble sellin a damn near new '02 rfx with custom paint and factory mods, 2 rocker sets and a friggin 2 ride old dhxc at roughly the same money fer gawds sake!
    No, I'm NOT back!

Does your dog bite?
    Seat tube is 19" so it's a large. Who can check the SN for me?

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    turner bikes
    No, I'm NOT back!

Does your dog bite?
    Anyone selling a XL.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    I will be selling my Lrg 6 pack (and my wifes lrg 5 spot) both purchased in November 05 within the next month (got an 07 Stinky to hold me until the 07 rfx). Gray, horst link w/ dhx air 5. I'm 6'2" and 190lbs. I tried an xl and it was too large for me. I currently use a 75mm stem-tried a 50mm but too short for technical ups for me. Make sure you compare the geometry to your SC-for example the xl nomad and large 6 pack will be within 1/4 for top tube length, and seat tube length is 20" for both.

Does your dog bite?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilbur
    I will be selling my Lrg 6 pack (and my wifes lrg 5 spot) both purchased in November 05 within the next month (got an 07 Stinky to hold me until the 07 rfx). Gray, horst link w/ dhx air 5. I'm 6'2" and 190lbs. I tried an xl and it was too large for me. I currently use a 75mm stem-tried a 50mm but too short for technical ups for me. Make sure you compare the geometry to your SC-for example the xl nomad and large 6 pack will be within 1/4 for top tube length, and seat tube length is 20" for both.

I think I need a XL. My XL Santa Cruz is 21" and fits me really well. I think a L Turner would work, but not be a comfortable as a XL.
    What are you asking for the frames?

Does your dog bite?
    Found this 05' 5 spot: How much do you think it's worth?

- Utilizes original Turner 4-bar Suspension design (no longer available due to copyright issues)
    - Size: XL
    - Color: Charcoal Gray (special request from Turner, sturdier finish and feel than standard paint)
    - XTR Derailleur, XT Hollow-Tech Crank-set, XT Cassette, XT Saint Brake-Set, XTR Pads
    - Fox RLC 130 mm Fork
    - Fox DHX Air 5.0 Rear Shock (allows for roughly 5.5 inches of both front and rear-end travel)
    - Hand-assembled Mavic 721 Rims
    - Kenda Kinetics 2.35 Tires (nearly new)
    - Thomson Elite Stem and Seat Post
    - King Headset
    - Carbon Monkey-Lite Handlebar
    - Screw-on grips
    - Standard Shimano clips available
    - Fork and Shock Pumps (and both manuals) included

not so super...
    Found this 05' 5 spot: How much do you think it's worth?

- Utilizes original Turner 4-bar Suspension design (no longer available due to copyright issues)
    - Size: XL
    - Color: Charcoal Gray (special request from Turner, sturdier finish and feel than standard paint)
    - XTR Derailleur, XT Hollow-Tech Crank-set, XT Cassette, XT Saint Brake-Set, XTR Pads
    - Fox RLC 130 mm Fork
    - Fox DHX Air 5.0 Rear Shock (allows for roughly 5.5 inches of both front and rear-end travel)
    - Hand-assembled Mavic 721 Rims
    - Kenda Kinetics 2.35 Tires (nearly new)
    - Thomson Elite Stem and Seat Post
    - King Headset
    - Carbon Monkey-Lite Handlebar
    - Screw-on grips
    - Standard Shimano clips available
    - Fork and Shock Pumps (and both manuals) included
    LOL - DHX-A allows for 5.5" of travel. Did he get 07 rockers too?? Travel is most likely 5.3".

Vova,

Just compare it to others you have looked at. I'd figure $900-1200 for the frame/shock and go from there. The wheel spec seems a little vague - might want to czech out the hubs. The rest of the build looks solid.
    Nothing to see here.

on a routine expedition
    Too bad you're not looking for a large, because this one looks awesome.

Does your dog bite?

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by SkullCrack
    Too bad you're not looking for a large, because this one looks awesome.
    I found L 06' RFX frames for $1095 I really want a XL.

Members who have read this thread: 0