Surfin' da mountain

Link me to the thread about the creaking noise from the bottom bracket link

My 2011 Spot just started making the noise I once read about. I have both lube guns (short nose and long nose) but these pivots won't accept grease. Gonna open it up and manually grease it.

The noise about drove me nuts on a long grind the other day. Gotta fix it - gotta fix it now!

mtbr member
    I don't know the link but I have a some creaking too. In the processes of checking my pivots I found I had one faulty zerk that didn't allow grease to pass.
    If I recall, people recommended greasing the derailluer hanger and retorqued/ greased the pivots.
    I found some noise coming from the where the brake hose attaches to the lower link just by some dirt between the link and cable.
    I haven't been able to ride my bike after I regreased for the second time. So far i don't hear anything when sitting on it.

psycho cyclo addict

mtbr member
    May 2011
    If I recall, people recommended greasing the derailluer hanger and retorqued/ greased the pivots.

^ This.

Take apart everything, clean and re-grease. Check your shock bushes for play, pop them in a vice and give it a wiggle.