mtbr member

Large spot/flux demo request surrey, uk

I always felt a little cramped on my medium spot (im 5' 10.5" & 33" inseem). Therefore before I purchase a large spot or flux Id love to throw a leg over one just to make sure. All the bike stores here that sell turners near me only seem to have mediums as demos.

So Im asking if any of the homers based in and around surrey, that have a large spot or flux, would be willing to let me try it. I usually ride around leith/holmbury/pitch at weekends and would be willing to meet on the trials or travel to a destination of your choice.

Thanks in advance

Pete
    "to finish first you first must finish" - Mike Hailwood

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I've got a large 04 spot, and as it happens I'm riding up there tomorrow. We usually park at peaslake and go from there. If you want to meet up round lunchtime you're welcome to take it for a spin, maybe down golden birdies? If tomorrow's no good I'm usually up that way every 3-4 weeks. PM me and we'll sort it out.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Darkside
    would be interested in a pic of your bike as it set up now(medium frame) as am same size as you and face the same dilemma between choosing a medium or a large frame. I feel the head tube is a little short on the medium(requiring lots of spacers to match the seat height) and the top tube a fraction short. Would also be interested in how you get on with the large frame. Why cannot Turner produce an 18" bike(they used to). there seem a lot of folks of our size always compromised on the size.
    phwill@btconnect.com
    Thanks.

mtbr member
    Suicidedave,
    Thanks for the offer - check your PMs

Dogvet,
    I'll email you some pics. Yea, I agree with you regards to the Turner sizing - a M/L would be nice.....seems a lot of people in the same boat. I remember DT asking questions (5 Questions) about people's measurements and their frame sizes so maybe he's thinkning about it??

DS

mtbr member

Make mine a large...

Suicidedave - Thanks a million for letting me try your spot.

The large felt perfect for me, the standover height was a non-issue and it felt more stable than my medium especially on the descents. If only I had tried one before hand.........

DS

"Its All Good"
    Where would we be without the net, look how easily you sorted that, blo ody awesome, we take it so for granted............
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    No worries Pete, glad to be of help and nice to meet you.
    Sorry you didn't get immortalised on film, you just can't get the staff Maybe next time. (He was fastest through the Golden Birdies S-berms of anyone we saw, stones flying out sideways, on a 22lb(?) titanium hardtail no less and yet he was the only rider my mate didn't tape. Doh!)

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    I'm 5'10" and have the large Flux. I'm glad I have a large, I don't like the feel of a short top tube. Keep in mind that the top tube on the Spot is a bit shorter than the top tube on the Flux.

mtbr member

Glad you got sorted!

I too had a medium Spot (for 3 years) but it was always a little small and I have just finished building up a large - (5) Spot on fit!

The internet rocks :^)
    'The Fear' is your friend...