Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

Lake District Video (more UK trail's)

Borrowdale Bash (a bit bigger)

Well, this is a little longer than the last one and I uploaded the full 300Meg if you want to download it (there is a clicky on the page) it streams at about the same rate for me, so the quality seems only slightly better than 512Kb/s, maybe if you have a fast connection it plays accordingly?

Google seem to blow up the frame size, so dragging the page down makes it look a little better.
    It's rougher than it seems in places

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...50657138798959

mtbr member
    Wow, very nice! Apparently all trails lead downhill where you ride ;-)

I don't know if you noticed but there are some fairly significant penaltys to going off trail in a few of those sections
    Everybody dies, but not everyone lives

mtbr member
    Yes, downhill is more interesting for me.
    The LHS is NOT the way to go, I think you would go about 300 feet or so
    It's not vertical but you would have a hard time grabbing onto anything, if you are going to fall think "must fall right"

My cup runneth over
    Wet but not too muddy by the looks of it - you guys don't seem to get too deflected off-line when you hit the soggy patches (or maybe you are all just so adept at riding wet trails )

Very nice s-track.

mtbr member
    It looks like great riding there. I think I'm going to have to try to base myself in the North when I get back. Keep all the British videos and pictures coming - I'm counting down the days.

Cheers,

Duncan

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Where?

Quote Originally Posted by Prof
    I've not viewed all the vid yet (my connection is very slow), but that looks much more like the side of Skidaw than the Borrowdale Bash..!

The section with the drop on the left (forgotten what it's called now) has claimed the life of a few walkers before, so it's always worth being careful. Good feeling when you have cleared it though!

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    TrailDog... That first section is from the side of Skiddaw, but quite a few folks use that as an add-on to the main Borrowdale Bash route... and you are right, that section is quite dodgy in places, I was up there about a month ago, and there was quite a lot of ice about.. and one 20ft long of the trail was just sheet ice with nowhere to go.. it was fun tip-toeing around that on the steep slope!!

Anyway, looks like the rest of the vid is of the main loop.. and looks good too..

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Hi, prof are you the one with the helmet cam?

I need a tough tire for the summer months. What tyres are you using?

Thanks. Jonathan

mtbr member
    May 2004

That brings back memories Prof

First ride I ever had on a Turner was a test ride on a 5 Spot up Blease Fell and down Lonscale Fell with Chris Warren from Gone Mountainbiking in Keswick. I was suitably impressed and bought my 5 Spot from him. I think I dabbed in exactly the same places you guys did. Chris told me he once lost someone over the side the trail on Lonscale Fell. The guy was a novice and tried to stop the bike by applying the brakes and putting both feet on the ground while the bike was still moving. Fortunately he was wearing a big pack which caught on something and stopped him going all the way down! I'd recommend anyone in N, NW England looking to buy a Turner to get it from Chris. Great guy and great service.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny69
    Hi, prof are you the one with the helmet cam?

I need a tough tire for the summer months. What tyres are you using?

Thanks. Jonathan

Kenda Blue Groove (2,35) at the front and a Nevagle 2.35 at the rear,the blue Groove is a nice and soft compound with well supported tread that hold onto the slippy wet rock well,no other tyre I have tried performs as well on the Lakes rock,and as you can see on the Video you do not want to slip on the Crag traverse.

Neal, yes Chris is very nice guy,I have ridden with him as well on the Skiddaw round

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    prof, yer vids make me smile. nice work and cool ground. im still tryin to figure out how ya didnt go down while adjustin yer cam with one hand. maybe that section isnt as bad as it looked.
    No, I'm NOT back!

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Nah its exactly as bad as it looks.

Theres a voice in my head
    Feb 2006
    As one of the riders from the video i can vouch for barry's one handed downhill skills whils cleaning the camera. Nice ride this one :-)

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Thanks for your interest in Google Video.

Currently, the playback feature of Google Video isn't available in your country

mtbr member
    Could I get a copy of the route map?

mtbr member
    Sure,
    I have it on multi map, I will post it up after work.

Prof,
    Thats another great video. You have been hitting some great trails lately from the looks of them. After seeing these and all the write ups of various trails in the UK mags I am gonna have to get to the UK this summer for some riding. As someone else mentioned your trails seem to be 90% dowhill...

The other thing your video has done is convince me to check out early today and go ride. Its sunny for the first time in a week and about 45 minutes from now I am out the door....

Thanks for sharing,
    C-

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by toons101
    Could I get a copy of the route map?

This is the route

The stats are 48 km.
    Accent 1590 m and decent 1582 m, must have lost a few in the lake!

You can download a bigger picture from here http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne...8920663&size=l

If you are up for it I'm showing a group of lads round it on Sunday 28th of May.

CDtofer hope you had a good ride.

mtbr member

Nice route, that.

I was there in October (all photos feature a Turner of course).

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8105780...7594079317963/
    'The Fear' is your friend...

mtbr member
    It's my local route i.e. takes only 45min to get there so I sometimes do the first half as night ride.
    Very slippy when wet and the striations of the crag always seen to want to push you to the edge of the cliff

mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Camera info?

Nice vid. Just curious about the camera specs:
    What resolution (TV lines)
    What focal length (3.6mm? 4.3mm? etc.).
    Any problems with fogging from condensation?
    Did you rig the bullet cam yourself or buy a pre-configured setup...and where did you buy it from? I've been trying to find a 520 TVne camera-only but they seem to come with zoom capability - which I don't want.
    Thanks.

mtbr member
    Stir,
    This is the camera you want or something similar the tube cameras are pretty generic http://www.actioncameras.co.uk/Actio...et_Camera.html

They are also sold by chain reaction .
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/C...CategoryID=507
    but if you get it from them make sure they include the microphone.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof
    Kenda Blue Groove (2,35) at the front and a Nevagle 2.35 at the rear,the blue Groove is a nice and soft compound with well supported tread that hold onto the slippy wet rock well,no other tyre I have tried performs as well on the Lakes rock,and as you can see on the Video you do not want to slip on the Crag traverse.

Neal, yes Chris is very nice guy,I have ridden with him as well on the Skiddaw round
    Hi cheers for that, unfortunatley I ordered some nobby nic 2.25's right before I saw your post. I have a feeling though that they should be pretty good. They are large volume so should be good for some low pressures and quite tacky so should have some grip. Jonathan

mtbr member
    Sorry to drag up old stuff but I managed to get the last bit of Kirroughtree on film if anyone is interested, It was a bit damp so the lens gets a few water smudges on it

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...142345&pl=true

resize to suit/ improve the picture.

mtbr member

Amazing place...

Oneday maybe I'd be lucky enough to ride there! Great video!

John
    Beer has food value. Food has no beer value.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast