mtbr member

New question here. Knee Discomfort/Pain

Let's start off by saying that my Burner rocks, but I have only one concern, slight knee pain just under my right knee cap, lower part of it.

I have set up the bike with the same cock pit and seat to crank bolt distance as my hardtail.

I realize this being full susp. bike the length between my seat and crank bolts is not static like on my hardtail, but should I raise the seat higher to compensate for sag and for when the shock compresses?

Any suggestions appreciated!
    You cannot go against nature, because when you do, its part of nature too.

No, that's not phonetic
    Quote Originally Posted by Ottoreni
    I realize this being full susp. bike the length between my seat and crank bolts is not static like on my hardtail
    This is not correct. The distance between your saddle and the cranks on the Burner is fixed, just like your hardtail. Period. Few full suspension bikes have this distance change as the suspension compresses these days. The Maverick Monolink bikes are an example of bikes that do change in the crank to saddle distance.

Anyway, pain in front of your knee is often a sign that your saddle is too low. Pain in the tendons at the back of the knee can mean the saddle is too high. Pain inside the knee can indicate pedal/cleat alignment problems. Stopping by a GOOD bike shop that can professionally fit you to teh bike can be a good investment of your riding enjoyment.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

long standing member
    Quote Originally Posted by tscheezy
    Stopping by a GOOD bike shop that can professionally fit you to teh bike can be a good investment of your riding enjoyment.
    Not to mention stopping by a good doctor to see if there are any structural issues (in the knee) that should be taken care of. The area the OP's describing (below the knee cap) is a common place (infrapatellar tendon) to have pain with patellar tendonitis (jumper's knee). I'm not saying that's what it is, but best get it checked out.

Anyway, enjoy the Burner.

Patrick