fried stuff with cheese

Just a quick question - Coil forks

Both new 2008.
    What would you get and why?
    66RC3 or Totem Coil
    I'll be collecting your pencils in 5 min.
    Egg

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Lyrik.... I mean Totem...

Knollician
    I would have to say Totem. As a Marzocchi Honk, the 08 stuff has been crap. I have not hear of any problems with the RC3, but the idea of an "auto-adjusting" hsc, I'll pass. The Totem will have better adjustability in this respect. And it is hard to argue with the Maxle.
    "Three balls at once...who knew?" - Cotton McKnight

mtbr member
    Totem, Marz has sh!t the bed with quality control.

mtbr member
    Another vote for Totem, stay away from any 08 Marz forks, every one I have come into contact has had problems, myself included. My nightmare was the 55 ATA TST. Clunky, sticky, travel wound down by itself, weak controls, yadayadayada..

Only problems I have with my Totem is the seals, so I would order up some enduro seals & just install them. Other than that, Totem is solid

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    66RC3: peer pressure

Actually, just put a 66RC3 on a new Highline. The guys I ride with all ride Marz. The shop where I purchased the bike said they sell many more 66RC3s for this bike (or type of bike), and they hadn't had any issues with either fork.

It's probably too early to tell, but I have 7 rides in with no problems. I get full travel, there are no weird noises, no oil leaks, and no problems with the axle coming loose. I'm happy with the performance, but haven't ridden a Totem coil, so I can't compare the two.

The fork and the bike rock. But the bike more so.

trail fairy
    Not that I have any experience with the Totem or the newer 66RC3

But pretty tough to base problems with 55s and lay that on 66s or 888s Ive not seen or eard of many issues on a number of other sites or the DH forum with the coil models, which is pretty standard, as usual its manily with air.

In coil I wouldn't hesitate, I'd still probably go for the 66, just because of the previous 66 feel ! but Totems are big bad boys too!

I wouldn't look at a 55 currently, but I hope Marz do turn it around over time, they need to settle there tech down and refine it not revolutionise it!

chur
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

~~~~~~~~
    Totem!
    PUSH!

fried stuff with cheese
    It would have been a no brainer for me really if I didn't have the issues with the 55. I was so hoping to get back to my Zoke roots with the 55 but......well we'll see when it gets back. Rocked a Pike on the Spot and loved it. Sold my Lyrik from the 06 RFX to buy the 55....
    Lyrik 2-step on the 08 RFX.
    Think a Totem will be on the big bike.
    Egg