mtbr member

its been a long time away

hi all,

well its been a few years since i graced this forum, 2 babies happened, turners came and went and a house move. Now things are getting back to sort of normal its time to get back to riding (now the kiddies can come out with me albeit on nice smooth flat trails).

my initial problem is that i'm turnerless, both the spot and flux made way for a look 696 which served me well but now i'm feeling the need again (and now that DW flux's can be had at an ok 2nd hand price). So, i'll be visiting the forum, catching up on what new (burner!!) and hopefully finding a nice medium flux out there - if anyone knows of one, frame or complete, drop me a pm.

cheers for now

mtbr member
    well well well, sometimes lady luck does shine... managed to source a 2010 flux mint condition for a princely sum of only 330 ($500) here in the UK. so ladies and gentlemen time to source the forks, i'd appreciate recommendations pls (going for a 15mm on the front)

It's carbon dontcha know.
    Bargain!

How about something like this for the fork:
    Rock Shox SID XX Solo Air Forks - XLoc 2013 | Buy Online | ChainReactionCycles.com
    Rolling on 29", 650b, 8.3" and 23mm

mtbr member
    oh they are nice but i'm trying to build up the flux with a budget of 800 so a little out of my league. the days of having a tricked out flux with parts provided by Mr chad at red barn are gone im afraid (its called having 2 children )

not so super...
    Quote Originally Posted by d.ten View Post
    oh they are nice but i'm trying to build up the flux with a budget of £800 so a little out of my league. the days of having a tricked out flux with parts provided by Mr chad at red barn are gone im afraid (its called having 2 children )
    Used Reba's make good flux forks.

Wait until you have to build those 2 children bikes. This is where all my $$ is going!
    Nothing to see here.

mtbr member
    agree, both my wee ones are on islabikes (great U.K. kiddie brand), dreading the time when the ask for niner's