not so super...

Interesting Marzocchi factoid

A Factory Frankenfork of sorts. Similar to the units being used and abused by Bikezilla and Tscheesy. No TST but the RC2 stuff looks promising as a suitable replacement.
    Last edited by SSINGA; 10-04-2005 at 12:36 PM.
    Nothing to see here.

Outcast
    Quote Originally Posted by SSINGA
    A Factory Frankenfork of sorts. Similar to the units being used and abused by Bikezilla and Tscheesy. No TST but the RC2 stuff looks promising as a suitable replacement.
    I'll believe it when I hear it from someone else than Brian!

Outcast
    white lowers on an orange bike ?!> Eeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwww! Fashion faux-pas! Who dresses you in the morning?

not so super...
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade
    I'm sure Larry or Esquire aren't too far behind with the new product "reviews". I just want the White lowers
    Nothing to see here.

not so super...
    white lowers on an orange bike ?!> Eeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwww! Fashion faux-pas! Who dresses you in the morning?
    I learned all my fashion sense from FoShizzle
    Nothing to see here.

~~~~~~~~
    yea, I thought his replies in that thread weren't the most, um, polite maybe? I wish communication was better with marz usa. Actually I wish push would offer marz mods. But truthfully, as much as I want to like the marz forks I just don't have the time to screw around with them to get what I want, although it is nice that they are the most tweakable.

This is redundant, but the Van 36 has blown me away with it's suspension performance, chassis rigidity, and perfect match to my rfx geometry. I had high hopes for the 06 66's but they look to be either too tall or too short for the rfxpack, compared to the van36, for my tastes anyway.

Did anyone happen to catch that discussion on changing the travel of the 05 66's? From the sounds of it I'm thinking that if it applies to the 06's that there should be some room to customize the spacer and really dial in the height.

not so super...
    Quote Originally Posted by airwreck
    yea, I thought his replies in that thread weren't the most, um, polite maybe? I wish communication was better with marz usa. Actually I wish push would offer marz mods. But truthfully, as much as I want to like the marz forks I just don't have the time to screw around with them to get what I want, although it is nice that they are the most tweakable.

This is redundant, but the Van 36 has blown me away with it's suspension performance, chassis rigidity, and perfect match to my rfx geometry. I had high hopes for the 06 66's but they look to be either too tall or too short for the rfxpack, compared to the van36, for my tastes anyway.

Did anyone happen to catch that discussion on changing the travel of the 05 66's? From the sounds of it I'm thinking that if it applies to the 06's that there should be some room to customize the spacer and really dial in the height.
    What the A-2-C on the Van 36?

If the Van 36 had travel adjustability it would be nice for my local riding. I would like a 140-160mm travel adj fork with thru axle and a 5.5 + - lb weight.
    Nothing to see here.

Outcast
    Brian P. is not ELABORATING any about RC2. Guess we'll have to wait for a real world report.

Lay off the Levers
    I guess SS is going for the "Creamsickle" look.
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

~~~~~~~~
    Brian P. is not ELABORATING any about RC2. Guess we'll have to wait for a real world report.
    I figure you'll end up having to drill some holes in the cart. to make it work

Outcast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikezilla
    He'll look like a buddy of mine who wears white mx boots while riding his orange ktm dirtbike. It just ain't right!

~~~~~~~~
    Quote Originally Posted by SSINGA
    What the A-2-C on the Van 36?

If the Van 36 had travel adjustability it would be nice for my local riding. I would like a 140-160mm travel adj fork with thru axle and a 5.5 + - lb weight.
    Funny how the specs were there and are gone now.
    I've got 542mm 21.3" for the van.

As far as what you want, in coil, rock shox 07.

The Talas2 is worth watching, esp. if they have the 36Talas up to 160+ travel now and push supports it. But I have to admit, we've been through a couple 32mm Talas, one just got back from fox, but none pushed, yet, and I remain wary. Plus the $$$$ factor.

At this point I've never been happier, except for my rear shock, and my rear tire hitting my seat tube (rfx type a behavior).

Bodhisattva
    The Talas2 is worth watching, esp. if they have the 36Talas up to 160+ travel now and push supports it..
    36 TALAS now up to 160....which means maybe one will get 150-155.
    Don't count on PUSH supporting the 36.

That Rock Shox 38 sure does look enticing. Bring on 2007.
    Life....the original terminal illness

~~~~~~~~
    Quote Originally Posted by The Squeaky Wheel
    Don't count on PUSH supporting the 36.
    Why would you say this?
    Are the pushers able to elaborate or is this another confidentiality issue?

Shot Down in Flames...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikezilla
    Naaaaaah, that's just Old Skool style!

Here is his new headtube badge.

Go Bucs!
    D.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Funny how the specs were there and are gone now.
    I've got 542mm 21.3" for the van.

As far as what you want, in coil, rock shox 07.

The Talas2 is worth watching, esp. if they have the 36Talas up to 160+ travel now and push supports it. But I have to admit, we've been through a couple 32mm Talas, one just got back from fox, but none pushed, yet, and I remain wary. Plus the $$$$ factor.

At this point I've never been happier, except for my rear shock, and my rear tire hitting my seat tube (rfx type a behavior).
    How does the 36 keep getting shorter?

The A to C on the regular vanilla was a claimed 535, and in practice it seemed a little closer to 540mm (yes, I've measured this). Now, the 10mm longer version with the same crown is 542mm? Even if that original 535mm figure was correct, shouldn't it be at least 545?
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

Founder: Dirty3hirties
    "I wish communication was better with marz usa. Actually I wish push would offer marz mods."

Actually, I talked to Darren about 1 1/2 weeks back. I think he's tossing around the idea. I know that they'll be doing RockShox stuff soon (novemberish) but I thought I remembered him saying that he was finalizing deals with Marzocchi too. Not trying to spread rumors....but unless i'm totally trippin', that's what I heard. He kinda said it off the cuff as we were talking about the Pike mods, but I'm pretty sure I heard right.......

mtbr member

Screw the Bucs!

Quote Originally Posted by D-Rock
    Go Bucs!
    D.
    Go Doug Williams, Go Joe Gibbs, and Go Skins!