GUIDANCE COUNSELOR

Interesting eBay ad....

Looks like a heck of a bike, too bad its a medium. When I saw it, it had 55 mins to go and was only at $1,700. I wonder what it will go for....

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tuner-Burner-Com...QQcmdZViewItem

Does the Burner have 4" of travel?
    NOAH SEARS
    MRP
    TECH QUESTIONS HERE: INFO@MRPBIKE.COM

long standing member
    Quote Originally Posted by NoahColorado
    Looks like a heck of a bike, too bad its a medium. When I saw it, it had 55 mins to go and was only at $1,700. I wonder what it will go for....

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tuner-Burner-Com...QQcmdZViewItem

Does the Burner have 4" of travel?
    I just watched the end. That was pretty cool, it jumped from ~$1875 to $2025 in the last 10 seconds. I didn't even know that Turner produced the Burner in 2005. That's a pretty nice spec on there, if it actually is brand new that's a good deal.

Patrick

Captain Underpants
    you could always have your legs shortened/lengthened . . . .

thats right living legend
    Quote Originally Posted by PCinSC
    I just watched the end. That was pretty cool, it jumped from ~$1875 to $2025 in the last 10 seconds. I didn't even know that Turner produced the Burner in 2005. That's a pretty nice spec on there, if it actually is brand new that's a good deal.

Patrick

To my knowledg, they diddn't.

long standing member
    Quote Originally Posted by blackagness
    To my knowledg, they diddn't.
    That's what I thought. Isn't this the '05 model lineup (from the set-ups thread)?

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    nope. the burner died at the end of '04.
    No, I'm NOT back!

long standing member
    Quote Originally Posted by cactuscorn
    nope. the burner died at the end of '04.
    So they [SIZE="7"]LIED![/SIZE]

Sure is misleading, I'm suprised no one called them (the seller) on that fact (falsehood) during the auction. The shop also said it's brand new, I wonder if it actually is. If so, it's probably been sitting in the shop for 2 years. Whatever, wasn't me getting lied to.

rr
    I don't do PC
    Thats a steep price, nice components and a very nice frame, I have one and love it, but the Fox RL shock and Terr. fork are not gonna be a good match, the fork's platform will most likely make the rear feel too soft, plus I think the Burner benefits from a platform to improve the pedaling.

Hey Noah, the Burner gets 3.6, a lot of folks go with 4" XR rockers, I choose to stay with the stock rockers cause I wanted to stay with an air shock and Turner didn't rec'd the XR rockers/air shock combo for heavier riders. I'm running an RP3/Revelation fork combo and I love the ride of the bike, great XC machine that will hold up to some abuse.
    Last edited by rr; 11-17-2006 at 07:07 AM.

banned
    It seems to be that most ebay SHOPPERS are smart ones, while most ebay BUYERS are total idiots that drive prices up and totally screw up the experience for everyone else.

The camera angles look a bit weird...they make the rocker look like it's the short O2 one.

It appears that this shop bought one of the Superho closeouts and tried to mark it the hell up, thus not selling it. Looks like they recovered with this auction. Great bike, however.