Thread: I'm so lucky!!

mtbr member

I'm so lucky!!

Some of you know me a little (HH you there?), some of you maybe I'll get to meet in the future. I'm relatively new to Turners. It all started in 2005 with my first spot. My friend in Southern CA was having a rough year (she lost her dad and sister in two months to cancer). Therefore, I along with a few people got together and we gave her my 2005 frame (and made it into a bike) in 2007 when I got my 2007. I love it, I can't believe how good a Turner is. So, after enjoying my Spots for a few years, I thought I'd build a Flux (they were being cleared out). I bought a small, blue flux from Competitive Cyclists (they are so cool there) along with a few pieces. I wanted to try a non King wheel set, mechanical disks, Fox RLC 100 fork. I had a bunch of spare parts lying around so I put one together. Right after I put it together, I ended up giving it to my girlfriend. She absolutely loves it and goes on rides with me. Now, one day we're doing this long ride and I loaned the bike to a riding friend here (she's competitive here at the Maui X-terra races). She's been riding a full race Cannondale for a few years. Well, she loved the Flux so much, she ordered up a frame for herself (Small Copper). This past week I moved all the parts (that I could) from the 'dale to the Flux. Woo hoo, beautiful, awesome bilke. So right now I have 3 Turners in the back of my truck and we're headed to the Hilo side to do some riding.

Just thought I'd post about how lucky I am to be able to work on and build such great riding bikes and have three of them in my garage all at once..............Hope you guys are all having loads of fun riding this weekend. What? There's a football game this weekend? I'll be out riding...........
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    i'll be your girlfriend.............

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    im more impressed with the old school ultimate stand. i still have mine after 15 years and its goin strong. if it could only tell storys of all the turners its held.
    No, I'm NOT back!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by gmats
    Just thought I'd post about how lucky I am to be able to work on and build such great riding bikes and have three of them in my garage all at once.
    To say nothing of living in Hawaii.
    A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have.

Moosehead
    +1 lucky is right. 3 Turner stable, Hilo.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Well, gmats, I'd say that the people who know you are even luckier!

Hopefully I'll catch up with you and your wahine when you come out the mainland this summer.

HH
    (PS - enjoy the sun. I'm waiting for the trails here to either dry out or freeze.)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by nickhart
    i'll be your girlfriend.............
    Sorry, already taken..............

Quote Originally Posted by cactuscorn
    im more impressed with the old school ultimate stand. i still have mine after 15 years and its goin strong. if it could only tell storys of all the turners its held.
    Speakin' of the old school stand, yeah, it's still been great until just before starting the copper flux build. The middle joint (the one that holds the legs) broke. It's held together with a bunch of zip ties for the moment. I hope I can find replacement parts.......

Quote Originally Posted by miles e
    To say nothing of living in Hawaii.
    Well, yeah, pretty fortunate there.........things are expensive but it totally offsets with the quality of life..........

Quote Originally Posted by moosehead
    +1 lucky is right. 3 Turner stable, Hilo.
    Hehe.......So what's up with Hilo? I was just there riding yesterday - Panaewa area, Kulani Trails. I rode the two fluxes and they were great in there. My friend rode my spot - beginner type. He managed fine, no blood to speak of........he did manage to break one spoke on my rear wheel, no biggie.

Quote Originally Posted by Double H
    Well, gmats, I'd say that the people who know you are even luckier!

Hopefully I'll catch up with you and your wahine when you come out the mainland this summer.

HH
    (PS - enjoy the sun. I'm waiting for the trails here to either dry out or freeze.)
    Yo HH,

Yeah, so this year we're actually thinkin' Maui and the Big Island instead of me headed out there. Still talkin'.

The weather's been beautiful, any time you wanna pack up the Hurt units and head over here, just give me a jingle. We have some riding to do..............

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by gmats
    Yo HH,

Yeah, so this year we're actually thinkin' Maui and the Big Island instead of me headed out there. Still talkin'. .... We have some riding to do..............

Homers in Hawaii? Sounds too good to pass up! I hope to see you on your turf this year.