Thread: I'm in luv...

Silence and Thunder...

I'm in luv...

Finally "got 'er done"...

THIS is the bike that I wanted! I bought a spot last year thinking that it would 'expand my horizons' and help me to increase my skill level (I have no skills...)
    As much as I like the spot, I've found it to 'feel' slow and heavy, although very stable and comfortable. I caught myself thinking "I bet a flux would feel better" while on most of my rides. So I was able to buy a Flux frame late last year, and just finally got the rest of the parts Friday. (all purchased from Larry - word-) Spent yesterday building, and got to toss a leg over today. I've got one thing to say... SWEEEEET!!!
    Got to do a quick shakedown run before it started raining again. I'm very happy with my parts choices and I know I'll start riding more now...I really need it!!
    Turner makes fantastic bikes and has models to cover all styles of riding.
    It seems strange to me how much more comfortable and confident I felt on my first ride on the Flux compared to the spot, even though the spot has more travel. I even took a few little drops today that spooked me on the spot. (like I said, I have no skills...)
    I expect I'll be spending a lot more time on the Flux, and I'm curious to see if that will help me to enjoy the spot more also, by building up my fitness and skill level...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ...every day sends future to past...

Turner Homer
    Dude, that is one sharp looking bike. Enjoy the new bike, and maby the flux will expand your skills.
    Happy Riding
    Dave

Lay off the Levers
    Nicely spec'd bike!
    That bike must be so quick it left the off the HT badge on the workbench

C'grats!
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

mtbr member
    Sounds like spring fever to me-good to hear you're happy with the new ride; sweet bike. One of the best things in life is a good fitting bike; just keep riding and then ride some more.
    turtle

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Damn. We have pretty much the same bike. Nice spec!

banned
    Yeah, but his is nicer.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    NIce bike. I have 5 rides on mine and I am ab****ely floored by what the bike can do, this is coming from someone who has a long way to go in the skills department. I'm hoping for the same as you, that the flux helps me develop the skills I don't have.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Hey, great looking bike. I was undecided about getting Silver Rebas or Pace RC39 (Black carbon). But having seen yours, the Reba it is.

Is that a Team, non-Uturn, non-Poploc? That is the one I want. They just look really clean and not messing about with handlebar adjusters.

Jonathan

EDIT: BTW I currently have sids, so anything will be an improvement in performance over those

Silence and Thunder...
    Mines a Team Dual-air (NO u-turn or pop-crock).
    It turns out (if my info is correct) that the '06 Reba is only available like this in silver OR with both u-turn and P/L in black. (I might be wrong though...)
    I really like a bike to look like all the main parts go together, as oppposed to polished rear triangle/ black (or whatever) main triangle/ different color fork...(for example...)
    I was not interested in the pop-lock feature, but I suppose the u-turn wouldn't be bad if it still extends the travel over 100mm. Took a longer ride today. My initial settings on the Reba were about 60% body weight both pos/neg air chambers, one click from full fast rebound, compression off (full travel). More time will tell, but I thought it worked pretty darn well just like that!
    The bike overall is fantastic! Definitly a different ride from the spot. Lighter, faster, more responsive... The term "twitchy" came to mind, but not in a bad way. In fact, I think that's what I'll name this one... "Twitchy"
    The balance is perfect. I can lift the front or rear tire with equally easy and the whole bike hops like a rabbit. Now I just gotta practice...
    ...every day sends future to past...

Baked Alaskan
    Sweet ride, I have always lusted after a Flux for a quicker ride than the Spot. Now with the pieces to a 5-Pack in house, the Spot will be my Flux wannabe ride. Great spec BTW.
    The red couch has moved from Alaska to Florida...

I've got a Stiffee
    Very nice looking Flux, I have 2 buddies who are probably going to get a Flux very soon.