Zip
    Joe Dirt Status

I'm getting rid of my Turner too!

I was at K-mart last night with my wife, buying some dental floss and some 8 tracks when I saw this sweet FS bouncer! I demo-d it down aisle 7, 8 and 9. Sufficed to say I was "wowed" on so many levels and am shocked the designers and engineers have not been snatched up by Intense. If I'm not mistaken, my new FS bouncer might make a little more noise than my friends 5.5. SWEET!! (stated like Napoleon Dynamit)

On a serious note. I can't help but be entertained on some level at the effort some of these tools put into trying to discredit the Turner product or to attempt to fan controversy.

Regarding trail bikes,

I am not a bike snob! Having said, I want to make it clear that biking (mtn biking) is a very important part of my life. Over the years I have owned many, many bikes (I'm now 44 yrs old). I bought my 5 Spot over two yrs ago after a long and exhaustive search for the best trail bike(for me at least). I ride a Turner because it has been the best bike I have ever rode. If Intense or Ellsworth come up with something better, then I will buy that. Right now in my opinion there is nothing built that rides and handle as well as the Turner 5 Spot (Fox products front and back). I can't comment on the other Turner models (I have not rode them yet).

I have been reading this board for years and a member since '04. I don't post a great deal but for some reason felt compelled this morning to rant a bit about trolls trying to flame the Turner board with fictonal spin.

Cheers,

zip

Rolling
    Quote Originally Posted by Zip
    I was at K-mart last night with my wife, buying some dental floss and some 8 tracks when I saw this sweet FS bouncer! I demo-d it down aisle 7, 8 and 9. Sufficed to say I was "wowed" on so many levels and am shocked the designers and engineers have not been snatched up by Intense. If I'm not mistaken, my new FS bouncer might make a little more noise than my friends 5.5. SWEET!! (stated like Napoleon Dynamit)

On a serious note. I can't help but be entertained on some level at the effort some of these tools put into trying to discredit the Turner product or to [SIZE=4]attempt to fan controversy[/SIZE].

Regarding trail bikes,

I am not a bike snob! Having said, I want to make it clear that biking (mtn biking) is a very important part of my life. Over the years I have owned many, many bikes (I'm now 44 yrs old). I bought my 5 Spot over two yrs ago after a long and exhaustive search for the best trail bike(for me at least). I ride a Turner because it has been the best bike I have ever rode. If Intense or Ellsworth come up with something better, then I will buy that. Right now in my opinion there is nothing built that rides and handle as well as the Turner 5 Spot (Fox products front and back). I can't comment on the other Turner models (I have not rode them yet).

I have been reading this board for years and a member since '04. I don't post a great deal but [SIZE=4]for some reason felt compelled this morning to rant a bit about trolls trying to flame the Turner board with fictonal spin.[/SIZE]

Cheers,

zip
    Yay, yet another thread .....

banned
    Snooze

Knomer
    Quote Originally Posted by Zip
    it has been the best bike I have ever rode.
    Keep taking those ESL classes, you'll get it eventually.
    Global Director of Sales: Knolly Bikes

mtbr member
    Interesting post zip,

here's my "opinion" on that. We all buy a bike based on what we think is "the best" for "what we want and can afford". Otherwise we would just go to costco or Wal-Mart to buy a bike off the "showroom floor". That being said, I have built my bikes to serve my type of riding. For years I rode a Psycle Werks because back in 1998 no one was building 4-5 inch, light weight trail bikes. That much travel back then was considered "downhill". So all the frames with that much travel were much heavier.

Since I had such a great riding rig for all these years, I saw no need to buy into something that was only 1/2" more travel. For years I had 4.5" of travel at as low as 23.5 lbs. It was an all around ride anywhere day after day trail bike. It is now up to 27lbs because of FOX coil fork and BIG tires. Oh well.

I've ridden many other bikes since then and yes, they were all good. I just couldn't justify the cost for that 1/2" more travel. So it's not to say the other companies don't make good bikes. Once again, it all depends on what you're looking for and how much you want to spend.

So why didn't I buy an Elly or SC or Intense? The Elly turned me off because I've seen too many previous "horror stories" of this is the way "WE DO IT, TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT" attitude. Add to that they seem to charge more for the "take it or leave it - we're the best". Intense and SC were just not what I was looking for in a ride. Too complicated (except for Superlight) and heavy. In the end, the Spot fit the bill. Sensible build (I like the traditional diamond front trianble), good ride (for my kind of riding) and people willing to support their equipment.

By the way, a note about Psycle Werks. Years back, I called Roy and told him I rode a small which was still too big. So what did he do, he worked with me to produce the XS size. It took close to a year but he worked with me to essentially build a frame to my specifications which then went into produciton as the XS Wild Hare. Sounds kind of like DT huh?

So that's what I find great about Turner bikes. There are many other good bikes out there but not too many with the backing and support that DT and his hard working folk provide.

aloha,
    g

Here are links to:
    My 5-spot:
    http://www.cfht.hawaii.edu/~grant/Tu...ts_Turner.html
    My Psycle Werks:
    http://www.cfht.hawaii.edu/~grant/grants_hare.htm

Zip
    Joe Dirt Status
    I enjoy the fact I can post something and have it graded and check gramatically. But then I guess if you have found the time to post thousands of posts and replys I guess that gives you the right to be the big fish in this small pond. I'm surprised you even replied!