DGC
    mtbr member

I'm baaaaaack !!!!!!

Just got in from the So Cal biz trip. Lots to see, including 2005 forks and shocks from everyone on paper at least. I did get to ride 2005 Manitou and Fox rear shocks. What I saw on papaer and what I rode did not happen or come from the companies direct, but from another independent source, so dont go calling them getting me in trouble or I'll pour lead in your down tubes and nipples in your top tubes!!!!! Cant give you any details on the stuff i rode or saw for the obvious reasons, and since it is so early I would expect changes to be made before the productions are finalized on a few items. If you are already planning on a fork or shock purchase for next year, you will have lots of good stuff to choose from from everyone, not just maybe 1 company.
    Many posts asking about air shocks on the 5 Spot in past. Previously, I have not had that much good to say about air shocks on the 5er and still have reservations, but for 2004 offerings, I do think the Manitou Swinger 3 way air beats everything else in air shocks. I have had 2 short rides on this shock, more over the weekend and time to come before I say much more I need more trail time on it.
    I went to Turner, they are heavily stocked on frames just in, lots of frames, so anyone that does not have one in your hands right now from a previous or back order, should have it by now or very shortly. Anyone wanting one, now is a good time to get one. We went and rode, and we cooked, 4 hour ride in 95 degrees in Palm Springs, fried me delerious for sure coming from cold wintery Tahoe.
    Marzocchi.....rocked as usual. Manitou and Romic, awesome group of people at both places. Finally, PUSH Industries.....About as good as pro tuning gets. I am glad someone finally is doing what Derrin is bringing to the table. If you saw what I saw, you would agree how pro PUSH is. Especially the non guess work but rather exact knowledge and experience of what, when, and why is going on inside the shocks, not just on some hand dyno in the rear of a shop telling you your shock is going up and down. Proves small places can and do beat the hell out of the big guys. Obviously I am not telling details, just trust me on this folks. Derrin will say it if it needs to be said or described to those with inquiring minds who feel they must know. After seeing the insides of stock rear Fox shox vs. Push Industries upgrades, those of you with Fox rear shocks of any sort need to give Derrin your business and have them be done right, even if they are brand new Fox shocks.
    Thats it for now.
    Attached Images Attached Images

No, that's not phonetic
    Welcome back!

I'm in Moab now for a spell with Barny. CrashTheDog is here now and I ran into BikerX40 yesterday on Amasa Back. Dave Turner is supposed to be in town, but I have not found him yet.

Nice updates. I may grab one of those 3-ways soon, as my patience with Romic is wearing thin. The replacement shock Larry sent to Crash is already acting strangely with an annoying late tapping-sort-of-thump after returning to topout. Very odd.

We may be driving past Tahoe on our way to SF at the end of the trip. Dunno if we will have any time to ride in your area, but if the trails down in Carson or Reno or along the I-80 corridor look good (too much snow at lake level, I assume), let us know and maybe we can plan on stopping a day and riding if you are game.

Take care,
    tscheezy
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

DGC
    mtbr member

try this again

Quote Originally Posted by tscheezy
    Welcome back!

I'm in Moab now for a spell with Barny. CrashTheDog is here now and I ran into BikerX40 yesterday on Amasa Back. Dave Turner is supposed to be in town, but I have not found him yet.

Nice updates. I may grab one of those 3-ways soon, as my patience with Romic is wearing thin. The replacement shock Larry sent to Crash is already acting strangely with an annoying late tapping-sort-of-thump after returning to topout. Very odd.

We may be driving past Tahoe on our way to SF at the end of the trip. Dunno if we will have any time to ride in your area, but if the trails down in Carson or Reno or along the I-80 corridor look good (too much snow at lake level, I assume), let us know and maybe we can plan on stopping a day and riding if you are game.

Take care,
    tscheezy
    It didnt post the first try......
    I am going down to Carson to ride a popular area today, and can post back here tonight and tell you what is up there. Im told the lower trails are clear and good.
    Dave Turner does not want to be found while out there. He is actually doing testing and spending time working on drawings, so it is a trip with business in mind. Just be aware.

DGC
    mtbr member

Trails were good today

Quote Originally Posted by tscheezy
    Welcome back!

Take care,
    tscheezy
    Just not fully open to the top down in Carson Valley, Gardnerville area south of Carson City by about 20 minutes, well known area called the Pine Nuts. Lower trails were decent for sure, about 1000 vert worth open, I can only ride Sat, Sun, Mon, let me know if you can pull it off and we can do a little ride down there. Tahoe is still buried.