Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jul 2004

ICT How much does it cost?

How much does Turner have to pay Ellsworth and how much does Turner have to pay Specialize for the Horst per frame?

What if the whole thing was a joke by Dave Turner and he isn't going to change anything. Now that would be funny!!

No, that's not phonetic
    Dude, let it go.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

Silence and Thunder...
    Where's 'Zilla and his --troll spray--???

Anybody actually ride thier bike lately? Or see something cool or interesting? Or try to jump off a cliff face over a truck in the road?
    How's the weather up there in God's country, Ts? I'm guessing the nights are getting longer, eh?
    ...every day sends future to past...

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by zkampyman
    How much does Turner have to pay Ellsworth and how much does Turner have to pay Specialize for the Horst per frame?

What if the whole thing was a joke by Dave Turner and he isn't going to change anything. Now that would be funny!!
    I've had enough of this carp, too.

If you've already posted your opinion about the change, then leave it at that. Continual posting over an issue that can't be resolved, or changed, through discussion is pointless.

DT has received the messages, both positive and negative, I'm quite sure. He'll make future decisions on suspension based on his expertise, conscience and wallet as is necessary. He's a good guy that's not trying to screw anyone (metaphorically speaking ).

When it comes time to buy a new bike (pretty soon for me), I'll test out the Turners and make my decision. All of this negativity only serves to scare off potential buyers that may miss out on owning one of the best bikes available....TNT or not.

Give it a rest.

Team Sanchez
    For the sake of argument, I'll tell you that the magical # I heard was $80.00 per frame. Now i don't know if that goes to satisfy Specialized or Ells, or both.

Im bored with this too...

I know at best I am a HOMER wannabe or even a Homer Poseur as I am still waiting to build up my first Turner. Still, I am sick of these discussions. I need my quality lurker time when I am at work sluffing off. Its how I get through my day. I want to see more fork oil weight discussions and random shock swapouts/updates/reviews and lots and lots of new bling. I want to see more of the stupid old Homer humor like the graphs of the number of people visiting each manufacturer forum. Most of all I want more pics of people riding their bikes. Especially from those in nice warm climes that I am sorely missing now.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Bodhisattva
    Life....the original terminal illness

Lay off the Levers
    Quote Originally Posted by xjbebop
    I used up my last can, how about if I just break wind?
    Countdown to Whistler 2012...
    July can't come fast enough!

mtbr member
    that is very funny.
    Former Homer...Ventana convert: extreme poseur!

The Ancient One
    The posts on here that concern the 4-bar/faux-bar issue get huge numbers of viewers.

Team Sanchez
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve from JH
    The posts on here that concern the 4-bar/faux-bar issue get huge numbers of viewers.
    Of course...it's like a car accident.....we can't look away.

Lay off the Levers
    Indeed, a pi$$ing match will draw as many views as a new product anouncement.
    That doesn't mean trolly b!tch-fests have any redeeming value.

Team Sanchez
    Neither does most of the techno babble on this forum, but geeks just love to read.

BTW Zilla, may I recommend you order up a XL pack before the HL's are sold out!

The Ancient One

Are you talkin to me?

Quote Originally Posted by Bikezilla
    Indeed, a pi$$ing match will draw as many views as a new product anouncement.
    That doesn't mean trolly b!tch-fests have any redeeming value.
    I've been posting stuff on MTBR for six years. Most of it has either been directly or indirectly connected to the techy, physics stuff that lies behind the 4-bar/faux-bar debate. Now that DT had done what he has done, what better forum for me to do my thing?

Of course for a long time I've wished that we had a special forum just for techy, geeky stuff.

Bodhisattva
    SFJH,
    I think the techy debates and insights are helpful and I encourage you & others to keep it up.

What I object to, and what I suspect others do as well, are the expressions of personal feelings of disappointment and dismay over this stuff. The "do you feel let down" nonsense and the beyotching by both current owners and non-owners surrounding an implementation that may not ever affect them. It's asinine & juvenile.

Anywhoos....that exceeds my allotment of wasted electrons for the day. Please continue to post your insights.
    Life....the original terminal illness

Silence and Thunder...
    Hey! I still want to hear about the weather / hours of daylight up in Alaska!
    ...every day sends future to past...

banned
    This topic is so interesting...

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Wow! That's a first

Quote Originally Posted by xjbebop

Anybody actually ride thier bike lately? Or see something cool or interesting? Or try to jump off a cliff face over a truck in the road?
    How's the weather up there in God's country, Ts? I'm guessing the nights are getting longer, eh?
    Actually, I'm a Burner owner not a troll. SMD! Let's face the facts. The laws of physics have not been re-invented. The simple question is will a new design (a copy of a design that is less than state of the art), make the bike ride better? NFL

Zilla's homerism while admirable for his impassioned loyalty, is such a 180 degree swing that it defies logic. There is a great line in a movie where Jack N. (playing a successful author) is describing the difference between men and women. He says that he leaves out 'reason and logic'. All I can say is that their is a lot of sex change operations going on around here lately.

Turner will still build a great bike, but it won't be the best anymore. Of course it may be worth it so that he won't have to smell Ellsworth underwear anymore.

No, that's not phonetic
    it may be worth it so that he won't have to smell Ellsworth underwear anymore.
    If you knew the real cost, why did you ask?
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

Lay off the Levers
    ...Zilla's homerism while admirable for his impassioned loyalty, is such a 180 degree swing that it defies logic. ... All I can say is that their is a lot of sex change operations going on around here lately.
    Is that some kind of red bike joke?

BTW owning a forum-same brand does not exclude one from being a troll. I can think of a couple of "Homers" who are clearly trolls.
    Last edited by Bikezilla; 10-24-2005 at 08:36 AM. Reason: Been there, done that, too many times.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004

Too much, evidently.

nmnmnmnmnmnm

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008

Good questions

I think there is a lawsuit or something brewing. There is no way Turner is changing designs due to a little licensing fee. This may be suicide for the company.

Jaybo

PS DT is strangely quiet about the whole thing. It is a lawsuit. Oh, and the homers are into quieting any disent. I wish DT would be honest with us. It must be a lawsuit.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaybo
    It must be a lawsuit.
    Often times, there are gag orders.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

Can Tree Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaybo
    I think there is a lawsuit or something brewing. There is no way Turner is changing designs due to a little licensing fee. This may be suicide for the company.

Jaybo

PS DT is strangely quiet about the whole thing. It is a lawsuit. Oh, and the homers are into quieting any disent. I wish DT would be honest with us. It must be a lawsuit.
    Just what Dave needs...180 expert witnesses. Maybe we should file a few amicus curiae briefs on his behalf
    Dad is sad.
    Very, very sad.
    He had a bad day.
    What a day Dad had!

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008

True

Quote Originally Posted by Dad Man Walking
    Just what Dave needs...180 expert witnesses. Maybe we should file a few amicus curiae briefs on his behalf
    You know, in the real world where I live, I could care less except to hope Dave and the gang well. I wish we could find out if Ellsworth is suing Turner so we could hammer their pathetic arses on the web.

Jaybo

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast