Elitest thrill junkie

IB guys; How to service AM1 TST cartridge?

Some of you said you went to a workshop there, wondering if you have any info on this. I'd like to put 5wt oil in it if it comes with 7.5wt stock, as most marzocchis do.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I was told there is a Marzo maintenance CD that explains it all but have not been able to buy it yet. I think it was Bikezilla who told me that, you might try to PM him or wait a bit, big Z is always lurking around here! haha

Quote Originally Posted by Jayem
    Some of you said you went to a workshop there, wondering if you have any info on this. I'd like to put 5wt oil in it if it comes with 7.5wt stock, as most marzocchis do.

only slightly broken
    Does this help at all?

tst bleeding
    Last edited by pffft; 10-19-2005 at 02:58 PM.

MK_
    carpe maņana
    Quote Originally Posted by pffft
    Does this help at all?

tst bleeding
    Sweet, thanks pffft! And Jayem, please do report on how it works with 5wt oil in there.

_MK
    "No man goes before his time -- unless the boss leaves early."
    -- Marx, Groucho

Elitest thrill junkie
    I've done it. Wasn't hard. Didn't need any special tools. I'm going out to try it now.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

only slightly broken
    I've done it. Wasn't hard. Didn't need any special tools. I'm going out to try it now.

Welllll?

Elitest thrill junkie
    I did it to mainly speed up rebound.

I like what it has done to compression as well, made it much lighter, and it seems to fit my riding style much better. I like my suspension to peform best at high speed over very rough and choppy terrain. This seems to have been improved by going to 5wt.

I didn't quite get it right though, I have to re-bleed/top it off again to get the TST working fully. The DS setting works fine, but the AM and CL settings are not quite working right.