mtbr member
    Aug 2004

I thought we were over the stickers

So, I finally got myself to the local Turner dealer to check out the RFX.
    There was one frame in stock, and the Turner logo were poor stickers on the frame.
    My current 2005 5 Spot has the Turner decals under a clearcoat or something, not stickers anyway.
    So, do all RFX's have stickers ? Can I order a custom color with the decals painted in?
    Thanks
    PM

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    not quite. the '05's were a water transfer. thats a fancy name for a diff type of sticker, more like a decal i guess, so yer right to a fine point. no production turner i know of was cleared over anything or had painted logos.

anythings possible with a good spray man and a box of cash. turner has a good spray man but theres probably not enough cash in kuait to get them to paint and clear over a logo.
    No, I'm NOT back!

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    water transfer. whatever, still looks much better than stickers and also does not peel off that easy...

not cear coated over. whatever. still chipped off like mad and ya had to use acetone to remove em...

sorry to offer some unwanted yet factual answers to yer questions.
    No, I'm NOT back!

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    not unwanted at all, great answers. Only prooves I have not seen a new turner in a long long time....
    Some how my 05' decals have not chipped off (yet ?) , frame actually looks as new. I was just surprised to see stickers on the new RFX. Wasn't expecting them.

ill admit the stock stuff does not please my eye or most homers to be honest. we all go to JNC for our custom work. hes excellent and affordable. nuthins too weird so get creative and drop him a pm.
    No, I'm NOT back!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    You can send you frame to Spectrum Powdercoating here in Colorado Springs. They can custom make you stickers that can take the heat of powdercoat and then clear coat it for you. But it won't be cheap.

Personally, I'd just buy new stickers from Turner when you damage yours. From 5' away, no one will know the difference.

in car racin we called that the 50/50 rule. if it looks good from 50 feet at 50 mph, yer good to go.
    No, I'm NOT back!

MW
    mtbr member
    Personally, I love the fact that Turner uses stickers / decals with no clearcoat . . . makes them super easy to remove for a nice, clean frame. But that's just me.

--MW

i think roughly 99.9% of turner riders would agree. maybe more if ya asked only homers. more still if ya asked jnc.
    No, I'm NOT back!

Homer's problem child
    I DON'T want the stickers to be clear coated into the paint. First thing I do when I get a bike is peel them all off 90% of the time. In my opinion, all a high end frame needs is a nice head-tube badge. Like the hood ornament on a Rolls Royce or the hood emblem on a Ferrari. I do this with my fork, wheels etc... as well.

So to me it's a plus that Turner doesn't clear coat the stickers. Although on my Brass Anno Sultan the stickers are so lo-key I haven't peeled them yet and might not. But my Ventana is completely stickerless.

My $0.02

B
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro....

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Bortis Yelltzen
    I DON'T want the stickers to be clear coated into the paint. First thing I do when I get a bike is peel them all off 90% of the time. I do this with my fork, wheels etc... as well. So to me it's a plus that Turner doesn't clear coat the stickers...my Ventana is completely stickerless.

My $0.02
    Might as well make it $.04, sense I would just repeat this word for word.

Lay off the Levers
    If you want to clearcoat your stickers, get a strip of 3M protection tape from XPEL. Take your time, use a good stiff squeegee or plastic spatula and it'll look pretty darned sharp. Plus it'll protect the paint on your downtube.

Later if you feel the jones for the latest sticker design or get a kewl kustom set from jay, you can start over with minimal effort and cost.
    Faster is better, even when it's not.