mtbr member
    Nov 2007

I think I have been homered

With the help of Josh and Tom I am the proud new owner of a sulltan and with two runs out at the park today I am very impresed. Hats off to Tom (a.k.a cactuscorn) and Josh(a.k.a. squish) For a stellar build. Thank again Tom and Josh !!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Congrats - nice mix of parts. Enjoy your new ride.

TLL
    mtbr member
    Nice poofta red. You will love that bike!

PS tell CC to put his Xmas stuff away.

trail fairy
    Very nice Lightning

Ya got yourself too good Homers to help ya there, though I don't know what ya feed CC hes packing it at the mo

looks like my lard arse, but I been nobbled so I'm aloud
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

Pixie Dust Addict
    Aug 2004
    Congrats on joining the cult of the Sultan. You're going to love it. Nice to have friends like Squish and CC to help out with the build too. Good job guys.

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    squish did the spec and its a very nice 1 considerin lightnings less than bling budget. this bahemoth is a xxl with a 7 1/2 lb frame so i was pretty surprised to see a sub 30 lb build. think it came in at 29 give or take. all i did was provide the work space and a few tools then showed him how to build it, how to judge torque, things like that. squish helped in the built as well doin most of it actually while i drank beer.

we took some ride shots yesterday but i left my digi at work so i cant post em till later. sorry guys. i can tell ya he dug the 1st ride sayin the wait from feb was well worth it. i can tell ya the sangria is totally wow! the pics weve seen are sweet but theres nuthin like sein it in the sun with yer own eyes.

now squish is all about the sultan, givin up any ideas he had about replacin the burner or tryin a flux or even finishin his spot project. we were slated for 3 demo sultans to show up this week but those plans were hosed when the venue was found under 12 feet of water. a test ride will have to wait and im still on the flux train till then.
    No, I'm NOT back!

rr
    I don't do PC
    Nice ride, is that my cable lock in the background?

Squish NEEDS a Sultan

crap! i gotta hit usps anyway. toss me yer addy 1 last time.
    No, I'm NOT back!

rr
    I don't do PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cactuscorn
    crap! i gotta hit usps anyway. toss me yer addy 1 last time.
    Uh huh

Baked Alaskan
    Red rocks, both couches and frames. Get down wit-cha bad self!!!!!!!
    The red couch has moved from Alaska to Florida...

Never enough time to ride
    Quote Originally Posted by rroeder

Squish NEEDS a Sultan
    Already looking throught he parts pile seeing what I need. I'm gonna hold out to see what the new Reba U-Turn T/A is looking like.

I was really surprised by Lightnings Sulty. I was expecting it to accelerate kinda sluggish and handle kinda floppy and stuff, which has been my previous experience with the big wheeled step children. Totally blown away by how quick it takes off, and how nice it handled. I want to get it in the dirt but that might have to wait a week.

Hmmmm, something more to spend money on...hi my name is Josh, and I have an addiction...

happy trails...

squish
    Get out and ride!

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Squish and I were going to swap rides for second lap thursday night however the rain started to fall as the thunder started to crack so we though it was a good idea to finish the first lap and get out of there. I beleive once he gets on the sultan in the dirt he will be hooked. Coments made by CC and Squish were that I was now getting down the trails faster possibly has somthing to do with feelling more in control of the ride with fs bike rather than hard tail or fs bike and 29" wheel combo.

yeppers! theres a twisty section on the toe where i can pick up some good speed and normally i wait for you at the bottom. not this last time pal. ya were on it and i think that may have alot to do with havin 2 wheels followin the terrain rather than them bouncin over it. confidence is everything when it comes to goin faster. nice job.
    No, I'm NOT back!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cactuscorn
    ...i think that may have alot to do with havin 2 wheels followin the terrain rather than them bouncin over it. confidence is everything when it comes to goin faster. nice job.
    Guess again

I know you don't want to believe it....but even you will be 29er assimilated

Commited to it fully today, I picked up a set of Bontrager Duster rims that were floating around the shop. All I really need to get to make this thing fly is fork, frame and wheels. I've got the drivetrain and brakes that were pegged for a spot still sitting collecting dust.
    Sounds like the new Reba T/A will be out some time at the end of June so I'll know what's what with that...here we go again!

So now it starts all over again, lets see if I can get this one done faster than the RFX!

happy trails...

squish
    Get out and ride!

if only our demo deal hadnt got shelved with the floods, i may have known for sure.
    No, I'm NOT back!

Silence and Thunder...
    There is a Trek demo days thing here this weekend. I stopped by today to try a FS 29er, a GF hifi I think. Not too impressed by the bike itself, the Trek guys were buttheads, and the 105 deg heat kinda sucked.
    However, it reinforced my opinion that big wheels -rock- for carve-n-flow trail riding!!

I'll need to spend a few days on a Sultan to confirm....
    ...every day sends future to past...

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    The ride's on the sultan keep gettin better, I finally have a bike that fits I no longer pull the front end up on the climbs just pick a line and hang with it until the lungs give out. Thanks again CC and Squish. I just need to get the sultan out to another local area were we able to mountain bike and gets some pics from there.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    I just have to say I had it out for the third ride in the dirt last night and this bike handles and goes through the turns as quick if not faster than I did on the hard tail I would say this has to do with always feeling like both tires are on the ground rather than one skipping around also there a little less fear of getting into one of the wash outs if I happen to get off line a little just hang on and let the suspension work . NO regrets on this purchase. Thanks to the folks at Turner for a great ride with the Sultan.

mtbr member
    Jul 2003

Hmmm....

Spot? Sultan? Spot? Sultan?.....DAMN just when I thought I had it all figured out!!!

High, I'm Roger and I'm squish's dad, and I have....OH screw it!!! At least I haven't gotten very far with my parts kit for a Spot!!!

Nice ride lightning! I'm looking forward to seeing it in person soon. Glad yer lovin' it.

Good Dirt
    "I do whatever my Rice Cripsies tell me to!"

trail fairy
    Quote Originally Posted by Squash
    Spot? Sultan? Spot? Sultan?.....DAMN just when I thought I had it all figured out!!!

High, I'm Roger and I'm squish's dad, and I have....OH screw it!!! At least I haven't gotten very far with my parts kit for a Spot!!!

Nice ride lightning! I'm looking forward to seeing it in person soon. Glad yer lovin' it.

Good Dirt
    Got keep pace with the Squish get the SULTAN

ah nah get the SPOT

Get the Sultan, no the Spot, no the Sultan no the SPOT

dam yep Im no help leans towards the Sultan..
    though both are start with an S if that helps

Chur.........
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

My minds all made up, now I just have to get the pocket book to agree with it. Hopefully it doesn't take me as long to build this one as it did to build my RFX!!

Ligthning, I'm stoked that yer loving your Sulty. I kinda thought you would. Now you know what Tom and I mean when we say, "rides like a Turner!" What'll really surprise ya is three years from now when your still riding on the original set of pivot bushings, and everyone else you know has replaced there's at least once.

happy trails...

squish
    Get out and ride!