I ride a Turner Bike for three reasons:
1. Because Dave is an admirer of Genghis Khan.
2. To keep Dave from getting an Obamaphone.
3. So I can drink more beer and not get any FATTER than I already am !
I ride a Turner Bike for three reasons:
Because if I rode anything else, Dave would show up at my house and kick me in the nuts.
Riding slowly since 1977.
I should say "I ride a 2004 HL Turner because..."
1. Nothing else rides like it, or fits my style of riding. I've done countless demo days and test rides of other bikes, but nothing has made me want to change.
2. It stands up to everything I throw at it. Which isn't an easy feat.
3. Every time I ride it, I smile.
I ride Turner 07 5Spot and 08 RFX because:
1. These fit me perfectly in size XXL (also the new Burner would, but just bought the RFX)
2. The Journal bearings are afordable and a set lasts 3 years ( I know it is far below average, but despite filling regularly pretty consistent)
3. Such a big pleasure to ride, especially in mountains (thus when I am away from home )
1. Fits me and my riding style like a glove
2. Turner stans behind their brand
3. Made in the USA
Last edited by dustyduke22; 05-16-2013 at 01:04 PM.
The obsession of wheels fused with the passion of cycling
Wheelbuilding and more
I'm in the same boat, I've spent some serious money to by some latest and greatest new frame designes and I still spend as much time on my old 03/4 5 Spot as I do on them; sure would like a modernised version with some slacker angles but that'll never happen.
Originally Posted by BikerTex
I'm smart enough (to setup sag correctly for climbin stoopid stuff).
I'm big enough (to benefit from a durable frame that won't get me cruncho unconcho).
and gosh darn it, duddn't get much better than a DW-Sultan for my full suspension hammerfest and half serious/slacker endurance race needs.
Lay off the Levers
I ride a Turner because:
1) It thoroughly irritates my hater friends.
2) After 6 years, both my bikes are STILL better riders than I am.
3) I love watching the haters hang themselves jumping through logic hoops trying to explain why my bike sux.*
*The other day my buddy spent 15 mins telling me how Turners are outdated designs and technology... I mentioned they use DW links like his beloved xxxxx and Turner has a 650b frame. His response was essentially "Yeah but DT's is a Kenyan."
Countdown to Whistler 2012...
July can't come fast enough!
Never enough time to ride
1. Made in the USA
2. Last forever
3. It's made out of metal.
I ride Turners because...
In 22 years of riding and racing, demoing a mish mosh of other brands, evertime I throw a leg over any Turner, it rides the way I want it to.
20 years since the first Burner, I can demo the new Burner, and then spend countless hours wanting one and trying to justify why I really need one.
Borrowing a Sultan for a weekend, and not wanting to return it, so much so that I considered selling my dirtbike to keep it, only to throw a leg over the new Czar and realizing that I will need to sell the dirtbike to get it!! But I'm ok with that!
Understanding that my all time favoriate Turner is, and always will be, the next one.
bump and grind
They just feel and handle right, whether its the Sultan, RFX or spot I have or had. Kinda like santacruz bikes, but more solid and durable. Hehe. Peace SCB Brothas!
They have just the right amount of bling and exclusivity, but nothing that says "Im a bike snob" like an E-------th. Hehehe. Just kidding. Peace E--------th riding public!
Overall, there is just something about the straight tubes, angles and triangles of Turners that appeals to me.
Turner Burner 650b, Knolly Endorphin, Turner RFX, Voodoo D-jab 650B
I wanted a Turner forever, since I first started mountain biking in the 90s.
Nothing rides better for what I want than my Highline. There is still nothing like it.
Understated beauty and exclusivity. The shape of Turner frames, the classic designs, straight tubes, no flashy graphics. Its beauty. And here in Australia, nobody ever knows what my bike is. Rarely see Turners and never another Highline.
T , V , & K Rider
1. Turners are meant to be ridden not looked at like some fancy ornament.
2. Confident feeling....I've hit a lot of little jumps with my DW Sultan even though setup more xc and it inspires you to want to push it harder !
3. Nice feel of efficient pedaling / riding comfort in suspension design !
" A way to a deep freedom " - Tarja
dog's best friend
- Understated and overbuilt.
- Long lasting and easy to maintain journal bearings that don't go crunch crunch when you cycle the suspension after a season of riding.
- Exemplary customer service
-because is not what "everyone else rides" (Specialized, etc....)
-Because I always prefer to give my money to smaller companies
-because customer support is equal to none
-because is efficient and plush enough to ride the rough or the race
-Because of its stiffness
-because it looks so good!
Ease of Maintenance
Made in USA
Because somehow DT can make 4 inches feel like 6. No double entendre intended.
It's not how big it is, it's what you do with it!
Originally Posted by El Castigador
Nothing can stop me now
1. Because they back their bikes with their warranty even if I buy the frame used off of EBay or for less than MSRP.
2. It supports a company that the RFX whiners never stop bashing.
3. It just works and works and works regardless of how much I maintain the frame. Bushings rule!
4. The bikes use a patented suspension system that other bike companies found good enough to license...
1. I ride a HL Spot
2. I ride a DW Spot
3. Go back to 1 and repeat ;-)
When trails gets tougher, Just stand up and deliver.
1. Brilliant reviews and my best friend had/has one
2. Turner are WORLD CLASS for customer service
3. It's a Turner...enuff said!
Because I like to buy the best and cry only once.
Ride it like you stole it.
1. Great, long lasting, abuse-tolerant bikes.
2. Great company that takes care of customers -- quickly.
3. You don't see them everywhere you turn at the trailhead. (though DT probably wishes you did!).
The drive towards achievement and success is the motive power of civilization.
1. Amazing bikes
2. Great CS
3. Homers are all helpful
4. DT has a cool beard
Looks good in my garage.
Easy to wash and wax.
Hucks a mean curb to flat.
By calboy in forum Passion
Last Post: 05-29-2012, 07:04 PM
By ArkansasOutside in forum Midsouth - LA, MS, AR
Last Post: 10-18-2011, 11:14 AM
By robncircus in forum General Discussion
Last Post: 08-12-2011, 06:35 PM
By Baja Designs in forum Lights and Night Riding
Last Post: 07-29-2011, 02:23 PM
By Tarnac in forum Alaska
Last Post: 05-26-2011, 10:21 PM