MBN
    mtbr member

I need some advice on a crankset for my Pack.

Looks like I finally found a Six Pack frame. I have a set of Race Face North Shore DH cranks and bb. I also found a set of new 2005 LX Cranks and bb for 60 bucks. I think they would weigh about a half pound less. (not real sure what the Race Face set up weighs) I have always heard that rotating mass makes a big difference when it comes to the weight of the part. Would half a pound be worth the 60 bucks. I have no plans to DH or do 10 foot drops. Love any thoughts.........gotta decide today.
    Thanks all.
    M

MBN
    mtbr member
    anyone...............anyone.................Bueler , Bueler?

bike weenie
    Hard to beat the new shimano cranks for weight and strength... I'd get those. Rotating weight I think is meaningless when it comes to cranks.

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    my opinion is rotating mass does indeed matter be it wheels or drivetrain. siple physics really and i see no need to try to explain it away. on the other hand i didnt much care for the '05 lx crank set up and its overly wide b/bkt / chainline issues. if i had yer situation id stay with the rf stuff and blow off the rotating mass issue in this case. good luck with it.
    No, I'm NOT back!

mtbr member
    From what I've seen the Truvativ crankset looks really good and they perform well; unfortunately I don't have one. Does anyone know how or where to get the polycarbonate bash guards that Shimano uses, somebody says they cost $10.00?????
    turtle

mtbr member
    May 2004
    I have the Hone cranks on my RFX. 2005 modell, works great, BB is wonderful..stiff enough, fair weight.

You just can't beat Shimano for their cranks right now.
    ----------------------------------------
    Jorgen
    Trondheim, Norway
    Spec Stumpy Comp FSR 29er
    Turner DHR 2005, drilled

I've got a Stiffee
    Agreed on the Shimano outboard bearing cranks, they are pretty sweet. I had some Truvativ Holzfeller cranks on my Pack and then switched to XT 760 cranks when Jenson had them for $206 (bought 2 sets) and I lost about .8lbs!!! They are definately smoother than the old style bearing system also.