mtbr member

I need a rear shock upgrade!

I want to replace my float r to a rp23. Who has the best deals? Ive done some homework and have produced the same results-about $380. Anybody know the best sources-I would appreciate the info.
    Too wet to ride!

not so super...
    only $150 for a PUSH factory tune...just a thought.

mtbr member
    Yeah, I thought of that too. Thats probably what ill do anyways. I just wonder if the push upgrade is as good as a rp23. Im sure it is closw-plus it would save me over 200 bones. Appreciate the input.
    Too wet to ride!

FM
    luxatio erecta
    I am really impressed with the PUSH'd rp23 with the LV can I picked up....it was quite cheap, used on eBay. (thanks to somebody!)
    I go entire rides without touching the PP lever. Kind of a gizmo IMHO, I just leave it off unless I am climbing for more than 1/2hr. I would guess PUSH can get a float R to feel just as good as a PUSH'd RP23, just no adjustment, not really needed IMHO. Definitely call them and ask about the LV can though, I suspect it makes a big difference.

Another thought- I think the work that PUSH does is only as good as the input they get on what you want. I've been happiest with the shocks they've worked on, when I called and described my trails, riding style, specific likes & dislikes. Just sending them a check, your weight and riding style leaves too much up to preference IMHO.
    Last edited by FM; 02-03-2009 at 04:57 PM.

MK_
    carpe maņana
    Quote Originally Posted by prooperator
    Yeah, I thought of that too. Thats probably what ill do anyways. I just wonder if the push upgrade is as good as a rp23. Im sure it is closw-plus it would save me over 200 bones. Appreciate the input.
    PUSH tune is much better than a pro pedal lever.

_MK
    "No man goes before his time -- unless the boss leaves early."
    -- Marx, Groucho

mtbr member
    really sound advice from FM. They tuned my RP23 on my 08 RFX.and added the LV can - I also spoke to Jimmy about the tune, trails I ride, what I was looking for etc. and he nailed it.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I find the PP lever on my Spot with RP23 is worthless for anything but climbing on dirt roads (it is very nice for that). Also the RP23 that comes on the Spots (at least larges) has the firmest compression tune and IMO is a little too stiff (that’s with PP lever turned off). But racerheads probably like it for anti bob. If I were buying a RP23 I would probably try to get one with at least a medium compression tune, maybe even the lowest. Unless you have to have the PP lever, Push is a better and cheaper option IMO.

mtbr member

Thanks guys!

I think I will unbolt the float tonight and send it to push. I guess I will have to suffer a few days and ride a borrowed klein palomino. At least I will have some wheels to get me through. The palomino is actually a pretty fun bike to ride since it is a maveric by design. Appreciate all the input.
    Too wet to ride!

Mt Wilson Motoboy

All excited...

... My stuck_down RP23 should be back from Push this week! I put the stock Manipoo Swinger back on the Burner during the down time to feel the difference. The fox damping is so superior. Can't wait to see how the Push treatment does.
    [SIZE="2"][SIZE="2"][SIZE="2"]"My people are the people of the dessert!"
    said T.E. Lawrence picking up his fork...[/SIZE]
    [/SIZE][/SIZE]

Can Tree Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tedroy
    ... My stuck_down RP23 should be back from Push this week! I put the stock Manipoo Swinger back on the Burner during the down time to feel the difference. The fox damping is so superior. Can't wait to see how the Push treatment does.
    Boy, going from the 3-way to a pushed RP-anything is going to be a really big change. You probably should have just stayed off the bike for the week or so it took to get the shock back, just to be safe.

You did pick up a set of red bushings while you were at it, didn't you?

On my Burner, I went from stock RP3 on 4" rockers and a stock '04 Talas that had never even had an oil change in 4 years to pushed bits front and rear, plus red bushings, all in one change-over. It was almost too much to take...I think that's what killed John Belushi.

Be careful out there.
    Dad is sad.
    Very, very sad.
    He had a bad day.
    What a day Dad had!

CHOP!

Monarch!

Hey OP,

PUSH is all that and a bag o' chips... but...

Ever consider getting a RockShox Monarch 4.2?

Been loving mine...
    It's not where it's made but how it's made.