dog's best friend
    May 2004

I miss the Spot!

Ever since the fall of 05 when the Spot was lifted outside my motel room in Kamloops (f%^kin bastards) I have been a sad and forlorn pedestrian. Bought a Pack.... too much bike. Bought a Salty....too little bike. I'm looking for one that is just right.... another Spot, size large 2003 with a Romic in Blue or Silver preferrably. Yeah, I like Romics..never had a problem with one and I've owned a few. Anyone got a 5 Spot out there for sale? Or an 03 RFX with 5 inch rockers. Frame only please!

Huh?
    Apr 2005
    Do you still have the Pack?

dog's best friend
    May 2004
    Pack is gone....Sniffle

No, that's not phonetic
    The Salty has many rocker options. Maybe you could make it "more" bike?
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

dog's best friend
    May 2004

True enough...

and I tried the Salt with 5 inch rockers and an 04 Z1 FR but it doesn't do technical and downhill like a Turner! The salt is great on buff swooping fast singletrack and it excels on the uphill and I love it for the speed it's given me on the climbs. But the sphincter factor is too great on the descents.

No, that's not phonetic
    I think the Salty may have geo like the 04 X5. I did not care for that much. It was like sitting on top of the bike, rather than in the bike. The new X5 is better, but it's not a Turner.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by telebiker
    Anyone got a 5 Spot out there for sale? Or an 03 RFX with 5 inch rockers. Frame only please!
    Telebiker, you need to PM me I've got the perfect bike for you. (Could I have oozed used car salesman any more than I did?)
    Last edited by CrashTheDOG; 05-13-2006 at 06:08 PM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    And if it helps, I've got the Romic for you at a great price. Just gathering dust in the garage these days.
    The drive towards achievement and success is the motive power of civilization.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

tele

I miss tele skiing! One more trip to Mammoth if I am lucky before it gets too ugly up there.
    DT

dog's best friend
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by turnerbikes
    I miss tele skiing! One more trip to Mammoth if I am lucky before it gets too ugly up there.
    DT
    I hear ya Dave. You gotta come up here to British Columbia for a hut trip. Although there is still plenty of snow in the alpine, biking is way too good right now. It's great to be out riding but it would be way better once I get another Spot (will be my Turner #5).

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by turnerbikes
    DT
    June 9th Dave. A (small) group is heading up from SD with boards and bikes. 2 days of riding and...riding.

Biking and boarding on the same day should be a hoot.

If you're there, the first round or two is on me.