mtbr member

I love the Turner Forum and all...

...but everytime I hop on here, my eyes start to cross with all the mechanical talk. Maybe it's the girl in me, but holy crap allready! Just ride it and like it! Please don't flame me, I'm kidding (mostly)! Here's some shots from yesterday and strange but true, we saw a Bald Eagle! My friend said I might have come from the Channel Islands, where they were reintroduced in 2002. He tried to get some pics of it, but it didn't want to come down and play to close.

JOD

...for some more bike action there's a video on the womens forum...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Bicycles have no walls.
    -Paul Cornish

No, that's not phonetic
    Nice pics.

I have to totally disagree on the need to scale back the shop talk. This is one of the better places to get tech info (compared to the other boards where you have to wade through a lot of semi-useful stuff or wait a long time for a decent reply). Also, I personally think the pics and ride descriptions here rival anything on Passion, so it is a good balance to the geeky content. In fact, there is hardly any reason to leave the Turner forum. It's all right here.

Maybe someone else wrenches on your Burner or you pay a shop to do it, but for the DIY crowd, this board is a god-send.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

mtbr member

ture, true...

Quote Originally Posted by tscheezy
    Nice pics.

I have to totally disagree on the need to scale back the shop talk. This is one of the better places to get tech info (compared to the other boards where you have to wade through a lot of semi-useful stuff or wait a long time for a decent reply). Also, I personally think the pics and ride descriptions here rival anything on Passion, so it is a good balance to the geeky content. In fact, there is hardly any reason to leave the Turner forum. It's all right here.

Maybe someone else wrenches on your Burner or you pay a shop to do it, but for the DIY crowd, this board is a god-send.
    I know...like I said, I was mostly kidding. And the small part that wasn't comes from my lack of bike workings knolwlege and disinterest with futzing with bike parts. But that's just me, and I understand that there is a world of incredible DIY knowlege on this forum. I'm lucky to have some people who will work on my bike and don't take this for granted. Keep ridin!...I would be today, but a certian "unmentionable" area is to sore from climbing yesterday with the added weight of my armor on my back. It was my first long cimb with the gear and wasn't used to the weight. Thanks for the compliment on the pics, anyway.
    Bicycles have no walls.
    -Paul Cornish

Rolling
    Quote Originally Posted by tscheezy
    Nice pics.

Nice pix JOD! thank you.

But tell me this Cheezy? Why do you imply a bad thing about passion? I think that is where most ride pix should be because it's about sharing your experience with everyone, not just Homers! It shouldn't be a Tuner versus Passion thing. It should be use the tool that suites the best. Don't treat the Turner forum as the Crescent wrench.

With that said, I love the posts here and see such community in this place.

BTW, We rode today near Ventanarama's shop and I eyeballed a gray sixpack in the window. My wife said I could get it if I get her a Ventana X-5!.... B!tch! Sell the Id and my Burner??? Hmmmmmmmm..............

Trail rider and racer
    Nice pictures.

Cheesy, I am not too sure if the pictures here rival passion or not, but they are always good, but I still hold Passion as being the one forum where your bound to come across some amazingly good pictures and stories from some great pictures. Over the years we've seen lots of amazing stuff on the forum, ride picture wise!
    Trev!

~~~~~~~~
    JOD, don't be sending all these creeps over to the womens lounge!

Trail Rider

Great Pics!

I've seen a Bald Eagle at Sweetwater a few years back. I saw it for about a month(That's my local trail). Once again, great pics!
    [size=4]Don[/size]

Bodhisattva
    Quote Originally Posted by lidarman
    BTW, We rode today near Ventanarama's shop and I eyeballed a gray sixpack in the window.
    Rich,
    You out riding the Bone today?
    Darren & I were out earlier this morning. Strapped a new Boxer Ride to the Pack.
    Schweeeeeeeet............
    Life....the original terminal illness

Neg reppers r my biatches
    Quote Originally Posted by The Squeaky Wheel
    Rich,
    Darren & I were out earlier this morning. Strapped a new Boxer Ride to the Pack.
    would you make up your mind

so was it "enhanced" on top of it?

Bodhisattva
    Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzle
    would you make up your mind

so was it "enhanced" on top of it?
    Borrowed & Stock.

Triple clamp forks are not great for trailriding. Too many knee smacks. But man o' man does it rock.

Neg reppers r my biatches
    Borrowed & Stock.

Triple clamp forks are not great for trailriding. Too many knee smacks. But man o' man does it rock.
    indeed....I know the feeling (ie, knee smack).

must have been pretty fun nonetheless

No, that's not phonetic
    I guess the Motion Control Damper cartridge fixed the chunky-poo feeling of the 2005 Ride? I wanted to try an 06 at IBike but none were forthcoming. It would be a super fun fork on a 6-Pack if it felt right. The limited turning radius would kind of blow in tight terrain though.

Hey look, we went and started talking tech. Cool.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

Bodhisattva
    Damping feels great. Like a longer travel Pike.

It would be mind blowing on Porcupine. I wish I had it two weeks earlier.

and JOD, nice pix and pardon the thread hijack.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Jewel, could you tell me where/what the name of that trail is that you posted pics of? It looks like it could be very near here.......(Temecula)?

Tx

Rolling
    Rich,
    We started a little after 10. passed 3 friendly guys near the start and one had a grey 6-pack (in the rear), wondered if it was Darren ( I was too focused to really pay attention). I had 2 other guys and three women with me.

Boxer? WTF is up with that?

FleshwoundGravityResearch
    We started a little after 10. passed 3 friendly guys near the start and one had a grey 6-pack (in the rear), wondered if it was Darren ( I was too focused to really pay attention). I had 2 other guys and three women with me.

Boxer? WTF is up with that?

Did you clear that line?
    Pictures of that section don't do it justice. It's not that hard, but there is no run in, so finesse is a must. (caveat: unless you're squeek, then it's cake any way you hit it)

Bad Case of the Mondays
    Quote Originally Posted by mtn hack
    Did you clear that line?
    Pictures of that section don't do it justice. It's not that hard, but there is no run in, so finesse is a must. (caveat: unless you're squeek, then it's cake any way you hit it)
    Warning - More hijacking below

I can't ever clear that line, I can get the front tire up but can't ever muscle the back over.

How did the trail ride after the trail work? I was suprised at how well it seemed to be holding without getting packed down to much.

Bodhisattva
    The trail is in great shape. It packed down nicely.

That step-up is a bit tricky because of the hairpin uphill turn before the ledge but it's quite do-able.

Rolling
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdub
    Warning - More hijacking below

I can't ever clear that line, I can get the front tire up but can't ever muscle the back over.

How did the trail ride after the trail work? I was suprised at how well it seemed to be holding without getting packed down to much.
    The trails has more room and less camber on the steep parts...I'm kinda bummed how easy some of it is now on the steep climb. However, at the steepest part of the climb, the soil is not packed and really loose. It felt like I was riding in molasses.
    Yesterday, I made that move after 5 attempts and then did something stupid on the turn. Jose made it completely after several attemps but not via the line you see, The best route IMO is in the gap to his left.

Thanks to the gravity dropper, I can make both the hard drop-ins now and still get the left hand turns. In the past, I would get jammed behind my seat and never thought it was worth lowering it just for those moves.

FleshwoundGravityResearch
    The trails has more room and less camber on the steep parts...I'm kinda bummed how easy some of it is now on the steep climb. However, at the steepest part of the climb, the soil is not packed and really loose. It felt like I was riding in molasses.
    Yesterday, I made that move after 5 attempts and then did something stupid on the turn. Jose made it completely after several attemps but not via the line you see, The best route IMO is in the gap to his left.

Thanks to the gravity dropper, I can make both the hard drop-ins now and still get the left hand turns. In the past, I would get jammed behind my seat and never thought it was worth lowering it just for those moves.
    Yeah, we need a little rain to pack some of that loose molasses stuff down

Save for actual stream errosion down the middle of the trail, I am definately in favor of leaving the trail as is whenever possible. That goes against what the county likes and we end up taking out the off camber stuff and putting in that 3 foot tread in a lot of places

On the step-up note, I have only made the gap you are talking about. I never seem to have enough speed for the line you have pictured.

mtbr member

More Thread Hijack

lidarman,

Bad timing I suppose, I was just on my way out.

Anyway, to continue with the thread hijack, Boxxer Ride = cool fork for non-tech Six Pack applications. Not so much turning radius as it is a knee grabber.

Darren
    Attached Images Attached Images

Toby Wong?

that's gorgeous, Darren

Wow

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mattsteve
    Jewel, could you tell me where/what the name of that trail is that you posted pics of? It looks like it could be very near here.......(Temecula)?

Tx
    My bet is Anderson Truck Trail.