Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I am screwed...

Turner Homer

I am screwed...

Hay guys, this is a post rivisting the manitou rear shox redusers that I need. So this monday I oredered the redusers from universal cycles, and this problem is not their fault. So I called today to follow up on the order placed monday, and the guy said that the redusers are on backorder, and both manitou and them do not know when the redusers will become aviable. So I guess I am screwed. Do any of you have any other suggestions on what I could do about this? I gotta tell you all, I have been having a shity past two weeks with the shoes, and now this problem resurfaceing. Last time I buy a manipoo shox. Also I know this is alot to ask, but if anyone has a extra shox that will fit a burner, could I borrow it. I will pay for the shipping. this is if I just end up sending the shox to manitou.
    Dave
    Last edited by dtrek4500; 03-11-2006 at 01:09 PM.

Bite Me.
    Welcome to the club Dave - my order for reducers for the 4Way on the Spot was placed with Universal Cycles on February 3rd - still no sign of them. When I call Manitou the guy tells me they have plenty of 6mm x 21.8mm in stock, but of course he won't ship them to me directly because I'm not a shop.
    When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

mtbr member
    Do you have dimensions? How about a drawing? Maybe I can machine you a set. If you can get me a decent drawing with dimensions I might be able to make it for you.

aloha,
    g

\|/Home of the Braves\|/
    Maybe see if they are sold on a bigger name brand at a LBS and see if they stock some?
    I actually do have the Swinger 3-Way off my Burner that I am going to sell.
    Big hoopy.
    Turner Sultan / On One Inbred

banned
    There has to be a way to get the reducers from Manitou or have a local shop contact a particular rep to be able to order them for you. If they don't sell to the public, then they don't deserve the business.

No, that's not phonetic
    I've had Manitou send me stuff directly before. You just have to convince them you don't have a local shop to go through (not hard in Alaska).
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

Turner Homer
    Quote Originally Posted by tscheezy
    I've had Manitou send me stuff directly before. You just have to convince them you don't have a local shop to go through (not hard in Alaska).
    So have I. I got them to send me a spv assembly for my skarab in the past by bothering them over and over again. I also brought up the point to them that I sent the same fork to them in the past and they did not fix the problem, and I would fell better to fix it myself. Also, you would be able to machine the reduser for me if I got the demensions. I will ask manitou for the demonsions when I call them on monday.
    thanks again everyone,
    Dave

Never enough time to ride
    Hey dtrek, your pm box is full

happy trails...

squish
    Get out and ride!

Turner Homer
    Hay squish, it is now empty.

George Dickel
    Sep 2005

Ask R.T.R.

Ask RTR, he got me some manitou reducers in less than a week...PM him with what you need and I bet he can hook you up...
    I once corrected DW about a bicycle related topic.

Turner Homer
    Cool, I will give that a try. I will also probably still am going to send the shox to manitou, just so it could be serviced, and I think the eylet bushing is also worn. I also think it is time for the shox to be overhauled.
    Dave

Never enough time to ride
    Dude your PM box is full again...

And your not going to believe this anyway. I just remembered I had a full set of reducers from my 3way that blew up!! You want em they're yours!!!

A couple of them are a little chewed up from a vice, but they will still work perfectly in the shock.

happy trails...

squish
    Last edited by squish; 09-18-2007 at 11:07 AM.
    Get out and ride!

Turner Homer
    Quote Originally Posted by squish
    Dude your PM box is full again...

And your not going to believe this anyway. I just remembered I had a full set of reducers from my 3way that blew up!! You want em they're yours!!!

A couple of them are a little chewed up from a vice, but they will still work perfectly in the shock.

happy trails...

squish
    I will defently take those, and are you still going to also send the shox because I think I am going to get manipoo to service it anyway. I also think the top du bushing is shot. If you don't want to, you don't have to. The box is again cleaned up, I guess I am a pack rat when it comes to pm's.
    DAVe
    Last edited by dtrek4500; 03-11-2006 at 06:49 PM.

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    i think squish and i have ya covered. ill provide the reducers, hell loan ya the fox shock they fit in. hows that?
    No, I'm NOT back!

mtbr member

We have them

dtrek4500,

I've got many sets of Burner/Manitou reducers in stock ready to go. The Turner frames use the same size that we provide with our MonoBlock/Manitou kits.

Drop me an email, or you can order them online from the site. Either way, we can get you handled.

Darren
    www.pushindustries.com
    dm@pushindustries.com

Turner Homer
    Quote Originally Posted by PUSHIND
    dtrek4500,

I've got many sets of Burner/Manitou reducers in stock ready to go. The Turner frames use the same size that we provide with our MonoBlock/Manitou kits.

Drop me an email, or you can order them online from the site. Either way, we can get you handled.

Darren
    www.pushindustries.com
    dm@pushindustries.com
    Thanks a lot Darren. I will go and check your site out right now. The mountain bike community is kick arse.
    Thanks yall
    Dave
    Last edited by dtrek4500; 03-11-2006 at 10:54 PM.

Turner Homer
    Hay guys I just called manitou about the new shox eyelet bushings, and they will do it, but it is off warrenty so I have to pay for the service. So I guess tommrow I will take it to the lbs, so they could send it to manitou. I wish manitou delt with the coustomer direct. Oh well. It also sounds all good cactuscorn.
    Dave
    Last edited by dtrek4500; 03-13-2006 at 03:33 PM.

Bite Me.
    This is just a follow up in the reducer imbroglio - Kudos to Darren and Push - after waiting for over a month to get my reducers from Manitou, I emailed Push - they had them in stock and shipped them out the same day for 1/2 the price of the other guy! I got them the next day, mounted them up and was finally able to ride the 5 Spot with the 4-Way Air. Thanks Darren - you guys rock! Still fiddledickin' with the 4-Way settings, but the piggyback canister and the SPV valve adjustment makes it way more tunable and linear than the 3-Way.
    When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

Turner Homer
    That's good to hear, I am not sure if I am going to get a set from him yet, because larry said something about getting them for me, and squish is also sending me his old set from his three way that blew up. John when did you get a spot.
    Dave

Bite Me.
    I picked up a well used 5 Spot frame off the classifieds in late January - it was pretty rough cosmetically, but the pivots had been well maintained and there were no dents or dings. I sold the Saber frame and swapped out most of the parts to the Spot after doing a make over onthe paint job. Finished it up about 2 weeks ago. I'm keeping the Burner for XC and long haul/endurance riding - the Spot's for aggressive trail riding - she's pretty, eh?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Turner Homer
    Nice bike and nice find. Also how much did the redusers come out to. Also is larry still around, because when I try to call mhc, I get a message that says the number does not exist. Anyone know?
    Dave

Bite Me.
    The reducers and the DU bushings were $16.95 for both upper and lower mounts. The shock bolts are not included, but you just use the ones already on the bike. The usual cost elsewhere was around $16 - $19 just for one set (upper or lower) So Push is the best deal going. The shipping was $6. Don't know about Larry and MHC - try emailing him. Do you still need a shock? I have my old Fox RL that was the backup for the Burner you could use while you sort out the Manitou.

Turner Homer
    Thanks for the offer, squish is sending out his fox. Hopefully sometime this summer I will have a fox on my bike, because I am sick of the manitou line of suspension.
    thanks
    Dave

banned
    ManiPOO

Turner Homer
    Oh yeah I forgot to call it manipoo. It is also funny becasue both me and my friend that works at the lbs were calling it manipoo the other day and also sying how shitty their cs is.
    Dave

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast