Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Arrrghhh!!!

How's your booty?

As$, that is... I'm looking for an upgrade, and wanted to see what the homers were stylin'. I was checking out some of the saddles that folks are using on the setups, and see a whole lot of WTB's, but what else is good? I saw that Turner has a Ti rail saddle in the Turner store and like the looks of it, but don't see anyone actually riding with it.
    I'm riding my Burner on 4+ hour xc/trail rides, with lots of climbing in the NC Pisgah area. I've got a Selle Italia Flite now, but I'm pretty sore afterwards and would like something light and more comfortable.
    So what are y'all rollin with?
    The great use of life is to spend it for something that will outlast it.
    William James

mtbr member
    SDG makes a cool white and black saddle that I hear is comfy. I will see if I can remember the name.

It's carbon dontcha know.
    I've got two versions of Turner saddle, the newer type has just gone on my Highline and an older lighter skinnier one on my Sultan. The WTB's definitely get a lot of votes though, but I've never tried one.

Committed
    WTB's Rocket V and Laser V are my saddles of choice.
    Very comfortable and quite light.
    I have tried any number of saddles from other makers and never have found one I like near as well as WTB's offerings.

bicycle rider
    I really dig the WTB Rocket V and the WTB Silverado saddles. Good stuff.

Morgan

Silence and Thunder...
    ...there's a reason the WTB's are -so- popular....
    ...every day sends future to past...

Brass Nipples!
    I have a WTB Pure V or Silverado on most of my off road bikes. I have a Brooks B17 on my touring bike that's just breaking in, but I'm thinking it may end up being the most comfortable saddle I own.
    {Principal Skinner} Hmm. Whoever did this is in very deep trouble.
    {Martin} And a sloppy speller too. The preferred spelling of 'wiener' is w - i - e - n - e - r, although 'e - i' is an acceptable ethnic variant.

mtbr member
    After much trial and error, I am riding a SDG Bel Air RL. My booty likes it. No more numb nuggets, either.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    WTB seats and the new Specialized Phenom are my favorites so far.

mtbr member
    Ahhh the bel air. that was the sdg i was thinking of. Do you know how much it weighs? I think it comes in a couple models. White and black too. slick.

mtbr member
    I ride the same trails and the speccy Alias has been good to me up to 5 hrs

TLL
    mtbr member
    Another vote for the Speccy Alias, though my new RFX will get a WTB Silverado.
    Hadley rear hub service here and here.

Unfit Norwegian
    I'm a sworn fan of Selle Italia. Flite genuine Gel, SLR XP and the heavy-but-oh-so-comfy Prolink.

mtbr member
    Another WTB, I'm either on Speed or Laser V can't remember. Either way it's the first saddle I've ever actually liked. So much so that I'm considering bastardizing my road bike with one and dealing with the odds looks from the full team kit guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by turnerbikes
    in fact for trail type bikes I am tired of QR roady shite in general. Lets move on.

mtbr member
    All hugely personal. I use a flite as my heavy duty DH (!) saddle, SLRs everywhere else.

WTBs are just horrible. FAR too fat. Feels like i'm sat astride a tree trunk.

Bel Airs are dead comfy for short rides, but make me go numb after 25, 30 miles-ish

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

One man's "horrible" is another's only saddle they'll ride

I have five of these WTB Rocket Pro V Se's. The only saddle I've ever ridden that doesn't mess up my "partes del sur". No stitching!
    You can get these sometimes for $59. I've got a box full of saddles I'll never use again but I'm always looking for Performance to sell these for the $54 I paid last year during a sale so I can pick up a spare. This model is about 250 grams.

http://www.performancebike.com/shop/...tegory_ID=5210
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

Code Burr
    Dont forget the R Kelly doodoo butter, or chamois butter as some folks say

Arrrghhh!!!

So how do you figure it out?

Did you all just keep buying saddles until you found the right one? Are there demo options? Did you get lucky with the first and never look back?
    With the Flite, I feel it most on the lower insides of my sit bones-- seems pretty comfy everywhere else. I'm tempted to buy one of the WTB's or SDG's, but that's alot of clams on a hunch.
    I like the idea of getting a fitting, but does that really translate into a comfy saddle?
    Thanks for the responses.
    The great use of life is to spend it for something that will outlast it.
    William James

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob the Wheelbuilder
    I have a WTB Pure V or Silverado on most of my off road bikes. I have a Brooks B17 on my touring bike that's just breaking in, but I'm thinking it may end up being the most comfortable saddle I own.
    Brooks saddles the Rolls Royse of saddles!

gravity curmudgeon
    The posterior gets what the posterior wants ...

I've run WTB saddles for some time, but last year I picked up a Terry Ti Fly. Great saddle for my bum. It took a little "break in" time but is so good now. Also given the angry bee sound of my rear hub, I love the "buzz off" on the back.

mtbr member

Code Burr
    Quote Originally Posted by insighter
    Did you all just keep buying saddles until you found the right one? Are there demo options? Did you get lucky with the first and never look back?
    With the Flite, I feel it most on the lower insides of my sit bones-- seems pretty comfy everywhere else. I'm tempted to buy one of the WTB's or SDG's, but that's alot of clams on a hunch.
    I like the idea of getting a fitting, but does that really translate into a comfy saddle?
    I've tried a few,. sdg belair, koobi's, whatever that cow skin one was, sette, price point cheapies, ....yeah just keep trying till something fits. Also check your local forum or shop for used or new bike take offs. I found a wtb rocket 5 for $20, tried it, loved it, upgraded, stuck with that line.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

I tried other WTBs but they didn't fit me like the Rocket V (Performance version)

Just because a saddle fits one person does not mean it'll fit you. Yes, I tried saddle after saddle. I thought that if the saddle didn't feel right to begin with it would "break in". Then I'd finally give up and try another. I used to think that if someone liked one it would be a "good" saddle for me. I have a Selle Italia Flite Gel (Titanium!) in a box in the basement that fit me the worst of any saddle I've ever tried. And everyone else loved it.

Finally I tried that Performance saddle (only the one in the linky works for me, none other) and, f'kin' ay it felt good right out of the box.
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

Brass Nipples!
    WTB has a demo program for bike shops where they get 8 of their saddles with cheap rails for a very low price for people to demo. If you like the fit, you order a normal version. It might be worth a try if you have a local dealer. This is the selection they offer with this program.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    {Martin} And a sloppy speller too. The preferred spelling of 'wiener' is w - i - e - n - e - r, although 'e - i' is an acceptable ethnic variant.

Brass Nipples!

Since it's Friday (clown crap content)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pink
    Brooks saddles the Rolls Royse of saddles!
    She seems to like hers (from the Brooks website).
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast