mtbr member

How Should I set up the DHX-A???

I think I might be missing the simplicity of my Romic. I am not to sure how to set this thing up. I tried it per the Fox manual but it feels to soft. I weigh 185 with the coco-nuts hanging and I think I ride aggressive Trail I have 180psi in the Main/125psi in the small can, and 1/2 way up the can on the bottom out dial. Still feels soft. It's on my new 5 Spot tnt.

Silence and Thunder...
    try increasing each chamber 5psi, one at a time, starting w/ the boost (small) chamber.
    ==130 in boost, ride ; 185 in main, ride ; etc...

*you may end up w/ up to 150 in the boost, but probably not more than 185-190 in the main, so expect to add more to the boost than the main...

**your results may vary....
    ...every day sends future to past...

mtbr member
    Thanks.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by LMays
    I think I might be missing the simplicity of my Romic. I am not to sure how to set this thing up. I tried it per the Fox manual but it feels to soft. I weigh 185 with the coco-nuts hanging and I think I ride aggressive Trail I have 180psi in the Main/125psi in the small can, and 1/2 way up the can on the bottom out dial. Still feels soft. It's on my new 5 Spot tnt.
    I think you're way too low on main pressure. I weigh just a bit more than you, and asked the same question a few weeks ago. Tscheezy fired off some settings that were pretty much spot on. Check out this thread: DHX-Air Settings for RFX

Hope that helps.
    The drive towards achievement and success is the motive power of civilization.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kosmo
    I think you're way too low on main pressure. I weigh just a bit more than you, and asked the same question a few weeks ago. Tscheezy fired off some settings that were pretty much spot on. Check out this thread: DHX-Air Settings for RFX

Hope that helps.
    Excellent, I always value the advise of the "guru" Tscheezzzz! I will give those numbers a try.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kosmo

Hope that helps.

I think those numbers were for the rfx, which has a higher leverage ratio. It would be too much pressure for the spot.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kendogg
    I think those numbers were for the rfx, which has a higher leverage ratio. It would be too much pressure for the spot.
    Yea, I just filled her up and it does feel firm. I will try 20psi less in tha main.

Silence and Thunder...

TS, please shed some light...

Now I'm curious too. After reading this, I tried Cheezy's settings on mine (5 spot w/ 5.3 rockers). I'm about 200# riding weight, and man, that was stiff! Felt like I was riding on a very strong spring.
    Now, I've never tried a coil shock, so I was wondering if this was how it's supposed to feel... hmmm????

How about it TS?? Are these settings for your spot or pack?
    ...every day sends future to past...

mtbr member
    Took a ride at 200psi main and 145 in the small can. 1/2 up the BO valve. Felt good. Still used up all of the travel on a fairly tame ride.

mtbr member
    I weigh about the same as you. I tend to run about 5lbs less than my weight in the main and 120 in the boost. Rebound 4 clicks from full fast. A couple of clicks of propedal unless I'm climbing a long smooth trail, then I'll add a couple more. BO two turns in.
    My o-ring tells me I'm using most of the shock travel. That's what makes the ride so smooth. However I have yet to feel any harsh bottom-out. I think it ramps up at the end of travel. I've hit some decent drops and am amazed at how smooth the bike lands. Unless you are experiencing a harsh bottom out, I wouldn't sweat it.
    Later.

mtbr member
    I weigh about the same as you. I tend to run about 5lbs less than my weight in the main and 120 in the boost. Rebound 4 clicks from full fast. A couple of clicks of propedal unless I'm climbing a long smooth trail, then I'll add a couple more. BO two turns in.
    My o-ring tells me I'm using most of the shock travel. That's what makes the ride so smooth. However I have yet to feel any harsh bottom-out. I think it ramps up at the end of travel. I've hit some decent drops and am amazed at how smooth the bike lands. Unless you are experiencing a harsh bottom out, I wouldn't sweat it.
    Later.
    I will try your setup today. Going on one of my favorite rides so it will be a good test. Big grind up followed by killer twisty single track down.(hope to show some photos)

mtbr member
    Fault
    Last edited by Guitarzan415; 05-17-2006 at 04:33 PM.

\|/Home of the Braves\|/
    I weigh about what you do and am running about 170 main and 120 BV. Just for kicks I raised it to 180 today but dropped back down to where I started. I'm not doing any major drops but I do blast over some big roots. The lower pressure gives me more cush/control over the roots and lets me use most of the travel. It's a great feeling to be able to pedal on stuff that would be knocking a HT or shorter travel bike around.
    The type of riding you do should definitely play a factor in how you set up your suspension.
    Big hoopy.
    Turner Sultan / On One Inbred