mtbr member
    Jan 2004

How to connect to Parmalee Gulch/Mt. Falcon via LOTB

So if I park at the parking lot off 74 and ride LOTB till the end, how do I then get to the Parmalee Gulch/Mt Falcon upper area? There is the road at the end of LOTB so do I take a right on it and will that take me there? How long is that road ride?

My other option is to do Mt. Falcon and then LOTB but the same problem exists- I don't know how to link up. Any help would be appreciated.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Well, here's how I hook up with Mt. Falcon

Quote Originally Posted by Flyer
    So if I park at the parking lot off 74 and ride LOTB till the end, how do I then get to the Parmalee Gulch/Mt Falcon upper area? There is the road at the end of LOTB so do I take a right on it and will that take me there? How long is that road ride?

My other option is to do Mt. Falcon and then LOTB but the same problem exists- I don't know how to link up. Any help would be appreciated.
    I ride up LOTB from the main parking lot for that trail on Bear Creek Canyon Rd. (74). At the top I ride an 1/8 mile on pavement (Myers Gulch Road) to the Pence Park parking area (in other words go LEFT when you get to the pavement). That paved road continues south down down down till you see a turnoff to the upper Mt. Falcon parking lot. You grind up that dirt road for awhile till you get to the top of Mt. Falcon. Then I cruise around the upper areas of Mt. Falcon then back to Pence Park or snag a ride from the bottom of Mt. Falcon back to my truck at the main LOTB parking lot. I hate that road ride from Morrison up the canyon so I never ride that.

edit: Did you really mean to post this question on the Front Range Forum?
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Oops..I evidently hang around here too much

Sorry guys- I really did mean to post it in the FR forum and have NO idea why I posted it here.

Thanks xcguy...and I'm with you on that horriblly hot (and dangerous) grind from the Mt. Falcon lower lot to LOTB's parking lot, even though the roadies seem to torture themselves there a lot.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

OK, I'm back from my Sunday ride

Quote Originally Posted by Flyer
    Oops..I evidently hang around here too much

Sorry guys- I really did mean to post it in the FR forum and have NO idea why I posted it here.

Thanks xcguy...and I'm with you on that horriblly hot (and dangerous) grind from the Mt. Falcon lower lot to LOTB's parking lot, even though the roadies seem to torture themselves there a lot.

The other alternative is to park at Mt. Falcon, Morrison side, go up Falcon, over to LOTB, then down Bear Creek Canyon Rd. Then at least it's a hot grind downhill, but still, roadies have this affinity for heavy traffic and tight switchbacks--that road is just made for them but you couldn't pay me to ride up OR down. Only dirt for this xc guy.
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett