mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Good job! Horst Link Disk Brake Adapter or HL Polished Seatstay?

Turner Thread - Does anyone have an old and still useable HL Disk Brake Adapter or HL Polished Seatstay that I can purchase? Building up a back-up/wife bike with some spare parts.

Many thanks,

CDIDriver

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Call Greg at Turner, if they have a trade in or broken frame you could be in luck.

jfb
    mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Hi,
    I have a Turner Flux HL rear triangle. It is in mint condition. I had it rebuild (and repaint in a nice medium grey colour) by Turner, but my seat tube broke a few month later and it was impossible to refix it.
    I kept the frame at my house, in memory of the good times we had together... But maybe it's time to bring it back to action.
    So if the rear tri could interest you, don't hesitate to contact me.
    But I am in Europe, so it may be more easy for you to search first in the USA.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I have an HL seat stay, but the dropout is bent so that the screws for the hanger don't match up. You can have it if you pay for postage. I'm in NH.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I did on Monday, they did not have either item in the warehouse.

Quote Originally Posted by etanc View Post
    Call Greg at Turner, if they have a trade in or broken frame you could be in luck.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Thanks, I agree, I will keep my search within the USA...I appreciate your response

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Where2 View Post
    I have an HL seat stay, but the dropout is bent so that the screws for the hanger don't match up. You can have it if you pay for postage. I'm in NH.
    Thanks, I'll check with Turner to see if the dropout can be bent without breaking...approximately how many millimeters is it bent?

Thanks Where2

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    It was about a hole width out so I just tried to bend it back near spec and it developed a pretty severe crack. I figured I'd try to do and save you the trouble. I remember riding it with one screw in the hanger for a while until Turner sent me a leftover swingarm. At this point it wouldn't be sake to mount it.

Sorry, hope Turner comes up with something for you. FWIW all the HL swingarms are the same across the line.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Not sure all HL seat stays are exactly the same, they may well all fit, but six pack ones are certainly longer & different cross section. Spot, Flux, late burner & xce I think may all be the same also pre sixpack RFX ones may fit.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Where2 & rc200 - Thanks for your responses and background information. Good to know that the RFX stays are slightly different. Hopefully someone in Turnerland has a set laying around in their parts bin.

CDIDriver

Quote Originally Posted by Where2 View Post
    It was about a hole width out so I just tried to bend it back near spec and it developed a pretty severe crack. I figured I'd try to do and save you the trouble. I remember riding it with one screw in the hanger for a while until Turner sent me a leftover swingarm. At this point it wouldn't be sake to mount it.

Sorry, hope Turner comes up with something for you. FWIW all the HL swingarms are the same across the line.
    Quote Originally Posted by rc200 View Post
    Not sure all HL seat stays are exactly the same, they may well all fit, but six pack ones are certainly longer & different cross section. Spot, Flux, late burner & xce I think may all be the same also pre sixpack RFX ones may fit.

Bike Junkie
    I have a polished HL rear end from my 2007 Turner Flux that developed a seat tube crack. I am located in Canada.
    See You On The Trails!

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    BlackOut - I will PM you...Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BlackOut View Post
    I have a polished HL rear end from my 2007 Turner Flux that developed a seat tube crack. I am located in Canada.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Found a Picture of HL Disk Brake Adapter

Finally found a picture of the Disk Brake Adapter...Thanks in advance to the Turner crew for your responses.

Quote Originally Posted by CDIDriver View Post
    Turner Thread - Does anyone have an old and still useable HL Disk Brake Adapter or HL Polished Seatstay that I can purchase? Building up a back-up/wife bike with some spare parts.

Many thanks,

CDIDriver
    Attached Images Attached Images