Thread: Hope Tech V2's?

It's carbon dontcha know.

Hope Tech V2's?

Anyone got them, tried them, I'm considering the the normal not vented?

Thinking about changing the stoppers on my Highline.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    i've got some (non vented) to replace some m4's, absolutly awsome! one finger all the way but still nice and touchey feely not all or nothing, no complaints against m4's they are good as well but the v2's are in a different league, also easy to bleed no special syringes or fiddly bits just a bit of pipe and a bottle and easy to rebuild as well and spares are easy to get (i am in the uk) and finally, they look pimp as you want

Knollician
    I've got the Tech V2s on my Highline, 203/183 floating (non-vented). I really like these brakes. The lever is as good as it gets. The feel is unreal, the lever adjustments actually work, and bleeding is a breeze. What I like is that they never fade, the lever is consistent, and always feels great. I did spend a week on the brakes in Whistler, and they were flawless. Another great thing about Hope, is the pad life. Even the organics last forever.

I should note, these replaced 2009 Formula Ones. Replaced primarily for the inconsistent performance, and they had been sent back to Formula for repair, but still a no go.

I do have a few issues with them though:

1. They come stock with organic pads. This is not necessarily bad, but I find them to be a bit grabby at the beginning of the lever stroke. I switched to sintered pads and now they feel amazing. They are very progressive, and you can dial in any power level you want.

2. Noise. The rotor track is HUGE. This is key, but it also means that getting a perfect alignment is nearly impossible. This causes some minor noise. I have found as the brakes warm up, the noise goes away. Strange

3. Rotors ... F'ing expensive in the states. You are looking at about $100 to replace a floating rotor, $170 for a vented. Good thing for CRC, they have them for like $40 and $100 respectively.

After using Hope levers, all the other I have tried since (Shimano, Formula, Avid, and Hayes) feel clunky, cheap, and fragile. I highly recommend getting the matchmakers. Lever placement can be tricky.

Let me know if I can help you with anything else.
    "Three balls at once...who knew?" - Cotton McKnight

mtbr member
    They [normal floating] are on my stolen DHR. Awesome brakes, great power and modulation. Fantastic adjustability. Come with braided hoses already.

The new Tech levers are perfect for 1 finger braking. They will also come in different colors soon [if you are into that].

I was gonna replace my perfectly running Ti 6/M4 combo on my Highline[stolen to ] with a set of Tech V2s I love them so much.

Waiting on my insurance check to build a DW 5Spot, gonna run a set of Tech M4s on there. And when the DHR is out this summer Tech V2s are going on it as well.

There is however a little fitting issue with Sram trigger shifters, they don't work/setup well together on the bar. Easily solved by ordering and running a pair of the Hope 'matchmakers'... I think there maybe a problem as well with Shimanos, I don't remember.

mtbr member
    I got tech M4 front and tech X2 rear on my rfx. best brakes I've ever run. period. I could only imagine how good the the V series are for the big bikes...

Ordered 203/183 for $390 delivered with rotors and adapters, need to order some matchmakers though as wiggle doesn't have them.

mtbr member
    I got them directly from Hope USA, if you can't find any place else.

Need to get in touch with them anyway about a headset issue, 2 birds, 1 stone etc, thanks.

not so super...
    Quote Originally Posted by 6thElement
    Anyone got them, tried them, I'm considering the the normal not vented?

Thinking about changing the stoppers on my Highline.

Work great on the Sultan
    Nothing to see here.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Anyone out there used both the moto v2's and the tech v2's? Does the new lever make a big difference?

mtbr member
    6th, sounds like you already placed your order but you're gonna love the Tech lever. I've been running X2s on my Sultan for about a year and they still kick azz, makes me dislike going back to the J7s on the RFX. Unlike the J7 adjustments actually make a difference and the lever feel is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by turnerbikes
    in fact for trail type bikes I am tired of QR roady shite in general. Lets move on.

Knollician
    Quote Originally Posted by skunkty14
    6th, sounds like you already placed your order but you're gonna love the Tech lever. I've been running X2s on my Sultan for about a year and they still kick azz, makes me dislike going back to the J7s on the RFX. Unlike the J7 adjustments actually make a difference and the lever feel is awesome.
    Everything feels like crap compared to the Tech Lever
    "Three balls at once...who knew?" - Cotton McKnight

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tiSS'er
    Everything feels like crap compared to the Tech Lever
    truth