Hisforever

Hope Rotor size question? & Bent rotor story...

I was just wondering if I can run a 203 or 205mm hope '2piece' rotor on a 200mm caliper? I need a new 2 piece rotor to replace a majorly bent one.

If you are interested in what happend I have written the story below...,
    Riding is fun, but this particular day turned out to be pretty scary.
    I had the unfortunate circumstance of running into a huge tree a couple of weeks ago. We have this sweet gap jump followed by a step up, the step up landing is a huge mound of dirt about 10 feet tall and a good 12 feet of ramp (up and down) on each side. Unkown to me this one particular day, I went flying up over the gap like every other day before. The gap went well, I then proceeded to the step up, cleared it no problem, but on the other side there happened to be a redonkulous eucalyptus tree lying across the landing diagonally. This is no joke, the tree was put there by large bulldozer or excavator very recently since nobody had seen it yet. It was about 18 feet long and you probably couldnt even wrap your arms around it, also it lays about 4 feet up high in the air. The worst part about it were the roots, they were sticking out in all kinds of directions like a booby trap.
    This was an exceptional booby trap for the limbs are not visible if you are coming from the downhill side.

Long story short. I went flying over the step up onto the landing and straight into this massive root section. As I landed I was horrified and grabbed a handful of brake on the landing which catapulted me and the bike into the stump. Luckily I wasnt fanged too badly in the neck by the roots. All that followed were a few minor scrapes and wounds and one pissed of rider. The bike didnt fare too well, the front wheel wouldnt even move thereafter. The black hope 2 piece rotor was bent at about a 45 degree angle.

Sad story but true. Now I need to find a new rotor. I am guessing the field workers saw our trails and have had complaints about mx bikes thrashing out behind the houses.
    On the brighter side of things...Soon we will have another cool jump going off the step up landing...
    Jesus Saves

I think I need to Upgrade
    I would sugest calling Hope and asking them directly. I actualy have to call Hope in the AM so I will ask them and post up their answer when I get it.

banned
    If you have PM calipers, it's a possibility. I did just this to experiment with a 185 rotor when my Hope caliper is spaced for a 180.

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    As Jerk_Chicken said, easy to do on a postmount, but I have no idea how to do it on an IS caliper...

Hisforever
    The Caliper is an 05' ISO mount.
    Jesus Saves

Yes, that's fonetic
    Not that I'd be hitting anything that big, but where'd that happen?

Hisforever
    On the westside.
    Jesus Saves

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by SHAHEEB
    The Caliper is an 05' ISO mount.
    It would be hard... I know the 200mm are harder to source, but I guess you should stick with 200..... because of tolerances a 203 could fit, if there is extra space in the caliper (1.5mm)... but I would stick with the 200mm

Yes, that's fonetic
    Quote Originally Posted by SHAHEEB
    On the westside.
    Bummer, you the og builder? Has Ed been messin' over on the west side?