Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    No, that's not phonetic

Bonking ... not feelin' well Homers on parade on Slickrock Swamp (Homer down)...

Today we rode Slickrock Swamp (Rockville Bench). We were going to ride Little Creek Mesa in the afternoon, but Endo Rando lived up to his handle, so to speak. Pics from happier times:

Unhappier times... Rando's knee from this afternoon. Bob the Wheelbuilder rolled the new Pugsley in to the ER for the best bedside manner we have ever witnessed:

My video techniques can be found in this thread.

mtbr member
    Sorry to see the damage.
    Hope you get well soon

Just another Homer

Broke mine too

But mine was in a motorcycle accident over 25 years ago. It still gives me problems today.That ones going to take a while to feel better. I hope he heals faster and better then I did.

Do you guys ever work?
    I may not be as good as I once was.
    But I'm as good once, as I ever was.
    Toby Keith

Bodhisattva
    Ouch.
    Tripartate patellar fracture. Sorry to hear it.
    Life....the original terminal illness

mtbr member

Upset Hey Philip,

Have Nels or Endo call me if I can help. (drive down and pick up Endo) Sorry to see my bud get hurt. Phone #: 208-696-74 or 208-921-4532.
    Endo, if ya see, this I'm hurt'in for ya.......my turn I guess for the care packages!
    Dave
    Last edited by AkDave; 10-02-2005 at 04:55 PM.
    Idaho Transplant (closet roadie)

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    been there, done that (basically), hated it. my best to ya rando. dont lose the faith pal. in time the trail is yers again! whats cool is those guys were there to help take care of ya and thats very cool stuff. nice work all!
    No, I'm NOT back!

No, that's not phonetic
    Quote Originally Posted by cactuscorn
    whats cool is those guys were there to help take care of ya and thats very cool stuff. nice work all!
    Uh... well, actually, after saying "bummer, dude" we finished the ride while he hobbled back to the car. (In our defense, we thought it was skinned and had no idea anything was broken, despite the horrible noises emanating from the joint when he bent his knee and all the blood ).

Thanks, Dave. He is spending the night in the hospital after getting the knee opened, flushed, and the little chunks screwed back together. He will fly to Boise and then on to Anchorage once things get sorted. I will pass you numbers along to him and I'm sure he would appreciate a little assistance when he passes through town.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

Bike Snob
    Sorry about the knee Rando, I'm glad I could get in a ride with you on saturday before your demise.
    Miss ya in Moab!

mtbr member
    Getting hurt SUCKS; hope you heal quickly Endo. I was enjoying this thread because there was no negativity-that is until I came to the part where Endo got hurt. They've got some good technology going these days-I hope you're back on your bike before Spring.
    turtle

Powered by ice cream.
    That reaffirms my resolve to ALWAYS wear the wuss armor on cross country rides.

Get well fast.

What town's ER does Bob work in? St George?

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Heal fast, bro.

I was hoping to meet you this week. What a friggin' bummer.

I hope you can ride soon!!!!!

Lay off the Levers
    NooooooooOOOO!!! Not now!!!
    Damm Rando! I feel for you. Seriously.Last year I slammed my kneecap so hard my eyes started to water in sympathy(no I wasn't crying..no really) I wore pads every ride since. I can only imaging the pain you must have had...hell just thinking about it brings back vivid memories of my experience. Big trooper points for humping it back to the car man....anything short of dismemberment is self ambulatory eh?

On the "lighter" side of things... great shots Ts...I see the AK Turner Mafia is well fed. Glad to see I'm not the only Clyde member.
    Last edited by Bikezilla; 10-02-2005 at 10:03 PM.
    Countdown to Whistler 2012...
    July can't come fast enough!

Are you talking to me?

I can help too.

Quote Originally Posted by tscheezy
    Uh... well, actually, after saying "bummer, dude" we finished the ride while he hobbled back to the car. (In our defense, we thought it was skinned and had no idea anything was broken, despite the horrible noises emanating from the joint when he bent his knee and all the blood ).

Thanks, Dave. He is spending the night in the hospital after getting the knee opened, flushed, and the little chunks screwed back together. He will fly to Boise and then on to Anchorage once things get sorted. I will pass you numbers along to him and I'm sure he would appreciate a little assistance when he passes through town.

I am in AnchorTown, and am not working, other than the kids. (5 and 2) I will PM you with my number, Phil.
    gfy

Full Monty Bike Bore
    Nov 2004

Gulp

Ouch, looks painful. Get well soon.

Tsk, those damn fine pic's are making me envious after our muddy and cool ride yesterday. Me thinks winter is just around the corner. Over here at least...
    [SIZE="1"]Knobblies MTBing Blog

"Always carry a flagon of whisky in case of a snakebite, furthermore, always carry a snake" W.C.Fields[/SIZE]

Toby Wong?
    get better soon, Endo!

Team Sanchez
    Randy,

Sorry to hear about the knee! We'll have a cliff side memorial for you on Porc rim this Saturday. Keep us apprised of how the healing comes along. I was relieved to hear that the mustache is still intact! Good riding with you on Saturday. I hope you are back up and riding in short order.

Ben

mtbr member
    Mar 2005

Aaaaaaaahhhhh!

Sorry for you!
    Hope you´ll get well soon.

mtbr member

Bummer!!!

As I drove into the hospital parking lot, I noticed a familiar white van with Turners mounted on top. I didn't even think of INJURY, I thought a quick visit with Bob the Wheelbuilder. Randy, sorry to hear the bad news. Hey, pretty good job on the self diagnosis!! Get well and nice ride on Sat. at GOOSE! Get well

Xtremely Moderate
    Man, bum deal. Get well & I hope it heals up pronto.

Kinda after the fact, but I'll be the a-hole to ask/say it:

A lot of the riding pics I see posted in this forum are of dewds SANS armor.
    Why?
    Especially out in the desert AND on sandstone.

I learned my lesson a few years ago in Vegas when I got gashed to the bone on a VERY low speed dump onto the rocks.

I left a 5 mile trail of blood all the way to my truck and then had to ride 30 minutes back home. Never again.

The leg armor (and sometimes the elbow/forearm armor) go on every ride no matter what.

...........(stepping off soap box )
    "Korash your enemiez, zee zem driven bevore you, and ear ze lamentation of za vemen"

mtbr platinum member
    Hey Randy,
    Sorry to hear about your run in with the rocks. I was looking forward to meeting a full injury-free group of homers in Moab. Wish you a fast recovery!
    I stopped driving my bike into my garage - I'm now protected with Roof Rack Ranger app for my iPhone.

Brass Nipples!

Sorry we had to meet in the ER...

At least Rando got go go to sleep with visions of sugarplums dancing in his head.

Here's the bike that got me the good bedside manner award.

Heal quick and well, Randy!

The hospital is in St. George. It's the closest one for most of the area rides. If you need help around Cedar City, their hospital is smaller, but still good.
    {Principal Skinner} Hmm. Whoever did this is in very deep trouble.
    {Martin} And a sloppy speller too. The preferred spelling of 'wiener' is w - i - e - n - e - r, although 'e - i' is an acceptable ethnic variant.

mtbr member

Update and Progress Report

Philip, Steve, and I had a chance to stop by and see Randy in the hospital, and while it's always a major bummer to have to deal with the results of such an injury he was in good spirits (already talking about making it back down next year), the surgery went as well, he's on course for full recovery, and the nurses taking care of him are cute . The surgeon expected him to be released tomorrow if he can maneuver on crutches today. From there he'll make his way home to AK.

If there's a silver lining to this whole thing it's to see MTBR'ers supporting each other. A small world made smaller by our associations and friendships established on these boards. Best of wishes Randy. Hope all heals in time for your trip back down next year.