Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1
    No, that's not phonetic
    Reputation: tscheezy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    14,365

    Smile Homers on parade on Gooseberry...

    I hooked up with Endo Rando, Nels, Lycra FR, El Chingon, CrashTheDOG, and Can'tgetright for a couple of loops on Gooseberry this morning (two 5-Spots, four 6-Packs, and an RFX). Fun ride. I know the trails on GB pretty well, but it was especially fun with the local boyz because they took us to all their favorite established drop spots where we stopped to play.

    Turners the only brand in the parking lot:



    The Homer Horde:



    Cruising the slickrock:



    Dropping into the gravity bowl:





    Cruising the north rim:

    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Prof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,169
    Thanks for the pictures it's starting to get get wet and cold in the UK at the moment,looks like you are having a good holiday.
    BTW your coverage of Inter bike was better than some of the journo's efforts.

  3. #3
    Brass Nipples!
    Reputation: Bob the Wheelbuilder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    2,008

    Wish I coulda been there

    I'm taking care of sick marathoners in the ER today.

    I did get the Pugsley built up this am. Might cruise to work on fat tires tomorrow.
    {Principal Skinner} Hmm. Whoever did this is in very deep trouble.
    {Martin} And a sloppy speller too. The preferred spelling of 'wiener' is w - i - e - n - e - r, although 'e - i' is an acceptable ethnic variant.

  4. #4
    Never enough time to ride
    Reputation: squish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,529
    Hey tscheezy, thanks for the pics. Nice reprieve from the drivel from the last week. Looks like a great ride, I have gotta find my way out that way one of these days.

    Have you ever hit the Maah Daah Hey. If you like desert riding, you will like North Dakota. Bit of a trip for ya, but very much worth it.

    happy trails...

    squish
    Last edited by squish; 10-01-2005 at 03:13 PM.
    Get out and ride!

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Deano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    344

    Nice!

    Great photos Philip! Especially like the last one there. Looks like a beautiful day.

    Gave the Turner some love today in readiness for a Lake District trip in a few weeks. A long road ride on the Vicious beckons tomorrow in the turning leaves of the Chilterns.

    If your desert road-trip takes you as far as Fruita have some major fun and say hi to Troy and his good people at OTE :^)
    'The Fear' is your friend...

  6. #6
    FM
    FM is offline
    luxatio erecta
    Reputation: FM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    8,894

    Good job!

    At last, turner riding-related content!
    great photos of turner bikes being RIDDEN!
    BEST POST OF THE WEEK!!!!!

    Thanks T!

  7. #7
    Lay off the Levers
    Reputation: Bikezilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    10,130
    Man that's sweet!
    I gotta go out west someday.
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    3,990
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikezilla
    Man that's sweet!
    I gotta go out west someday.
    I highly suggest next week

  9. #9
    Pixie Dust Addict
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    3,304
    Hey Tscheeze,

    Glad to see your visit to the lower 48 (or at least 2 of them) is being properly exploited. Great to meet you, Larry, and the gang at I-B. Enjoy the rest of your trip.

    -Paul

  10. #10
    Team Sanchez
    Reputation: El Chingon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    4,363
    Hey Cheese, great ride, and great company. See you suckas in Moab on Thursday.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,010
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chingon
    Hey Cheese, great ride, and great company. See you suckas in Moab on Thursday.
    Hey El - I was in Moab last Friday (and then two days in Durango on EPIC singletrack) - I'd recommend hitting Amasa Back to Jackson's trail as a great loop (you can either loop it or do a reverse lolypop for added miles to hit the top of Amasa Back) - Jackson's Trail used to be a secret "local's only" trail that is now official & signed and such - Jackson's runs along the Colorado river - techy in parts, VERY exposed in parts (all ridable however, and unlike Portal not a definate death sentence for mistakes, although there are places where a fall would be very very bad)
    pic from Jackson's Trail



    also, if you do Porcupine Rim - head up beyond the normal start (the begining of the climb) - keep driving up until the road gets flat and you cross a cattle guard - there is singletrack to the left of the fence/cattle guard - there are two branches - you take the left-hand that follows the barb-wire fence for a bit - this adds some miles of very tasty singletrack

    here's a link to some photos of our trip, including a couple of Jackson's trail....

    http://www.mybikesite.com/messages/a...m#150903121035
    Last edited by macrider; 10-03-2005 at 03:02 PM.

  12. #12
    Team Sanchez
    Reputation: El Chingon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    4,363
    Great shot's on your website Mac. I think we have Amasa/Jackson's slated for Thursday afternoon. We'll post pics when we get back.

    El C.

  13. #13
    Bad Case of the Mondays
    Reputation: Jdub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,915
    I was just a couple miles away from this gathering at Zion NP. No riding, but some really cool views as we hiked The Narrows of the Virgin River.

    Next time, I'll bring the bike....

    Pic from the narrows:

  14. #14
    Just another Homer
    Reputation: Pain Freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    741

    Just did the Narrows

    3 weeks ago and we are going back again in two weeks, not the Narrows again but GB. I just can't get enough of UT.
    I may not be as good as I once was.
    But I'm as good once, as I ever was.
    Toby Keith

  15. #15
    Tear it all out! SuperModerator
    Reputation: CraigH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    7,644
    Thanks for posting the link to your trip report & pics!

    Great stuff!

    I wish I knew about Jackson's when we rode Amasa in the spring, that looks a lot more fun than riding the Jeep rode back down.

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Orangerider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    364
    Quote Originally Posted by macrider
    Hey El - I was in Moab last Friday (and then two days in Durango on EPIC singletrack) - I'd recommend hitting Amasa Back to Jackson's trail as a great loop (you can either loop it or do a reverse lolypop for added miles to hit the top of Amasa Back) - Jackson's Trail used to be a secret "local's only" trail that is now official & signed and such - Jackson's runs along the Colorado river - techy in parts, VERY exposed in parts (all ridable however, and unlike Portal not a definate death sentence for mistakes, although there are places where a fall would be very very bad)
    pic from Jackson's Trail



    also, if you do Porcupine Rim - head up beyond the normal start (the begining of the climb) - keep driving up until the road gets flat and you cross a cattle guard - there is singletrack to the left of the fence/cattle guard - there are two branches - you take the left-hand that follows the barb-wire fence for a bit - this adds some miles of very tasty singletrack

    here's a link to some photos of our trip, including a couple of Jackson's trail....

    http://www.mybikesite.com/messages/a...m#150903121035
    I rode Porcupine Rim last Friday, and I wish I would've known about the additional single track. Did Sovereign Saturday, and Amasa and Bartlett's Sunday. I wish I would've known about Jackson too. Oh well...a good reason to go back in the spring.

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,010
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangerider
    I rode Porcupine Rim last Friday, and I wish I would've known about the additional single track. Did Sovereign Saturday, and Amasa and Bartlett's Sunday. I wish I would've known about Jackson too. Oh well...a good reason to go back in the spring.
    that upper s/t is very fun - you miss the climb (oh boo-hoo) but gain some very pretty s/t before you hit the jeep-road right where the climb ends and everybody stops for photos...
    -and on the s/t there is one drop with a VERY techy drop-in - if you make the sharp right at the bottom of the chute, mad props to you - I can do the chute, but not make that turn...

    and Jackson's is so much fun, awesome that BLM (I assume) is open to allowing "social trails" official status....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •