... I guess you won't be

Homer Thanksgiving in Michigan

Aquaholic was in the drop zone this Thanksgiving, so I invited him on a few rides - one was a Thanksgiving morning ride, and the next ride was an IMBA unsanctioned poach ride on a loop in Ann Arbor commonly known as the Drainpipe Loop [you may have seen the picture collage of riders popping out of a giant drainpipe in a previous post]....here's the gist of the pic's...

80+ riders showed up for the Thanksgiving day ride....

I'm enjoying a Bell's Hell Hath No Fury pre-ride carboload...Aquaholic is gettin' his game face on!

bike patrol! and a crazy coot named PsycloDan

um, yeah - it's steeper than it looks.....so there!

Aqua's cousin Stu from NY was gettin crazy! [he deems himself more of a roadie, but who knew?]

Alex, on his Trek Session converted to a SS, gettin some airtime.....A full susser SS!!!

lookin for speed in the Corkscrew - a weird glacial luge run of a trail....

Aqua - taking the path least traveled [actually - never traveled!]

this is a nasty root jump that kicks you to the side, no matter what you do..

And I almost ran off the trail into a tree - and NO, It's saddle dye staining my pants! Not poop!

Finishing off the ride with a nice mellow hip jump on a beautiful sunny day....

Next day - Drainpipe loop!

Aqua's friend Bob joined us and brought his Jones for Stu to ogle - we were awestruck by it's artistry and fantastic design - a true work of art you can abuse!

Land Ho! Here we Go! Trail, what trail?

It don't look like much, but this hill's a biotch! Only Aqua and Jeff made it clean...

The Gravel Pit Drop-In....I wanted to show Aqua this near vertical drop-in, figuring he'd not even consider it....well, I figured he was going to do it when he jumped off the cliff and started zeroing in his line - we were dumbfounded and the photo captures this....

Aqua gettin setup on my buddy's borrowed Litespeed Tsali....I was cringing but kept my wits about me...

There he goes! Aqua made it look easy! And I didn't have any splainin' to do to my bud about his bike!!!

Aqua needed a little help gettin himself and the bike back up - it was really quite steep - us locals still cant believe we got so schooled by some guy riding a Tsali!!!!

All in all, it was great fun to ride w/ Steve and his cousin Stu, and their friend Bob w/ the Jones over the holiday....
    Yes, we do indeed rock...http://www.myspace.com/spokedrunkies

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    awsome post! looks cold and i bet its not gettin any warmer tonight. snows on the way very, very soon im told.
    No, I'm NOT back!

Negative Rep Points!!!!

Michigan Stoke-age

Scott:

Thank you again for lining that bike up for me and playing host. That "Drainpipe" ride was quite fun. Blasting through those luge like sections on a carpet of leaves was trippy. (I felt like I was Zilla for a second, there) .We don't get that out this way. Thanks for providing warm temps for my weenie, SoCal butt.
    What the EFF is "All MOUNTAIN"???