Living the Dream

Homer AM1 Air Pressure Settings & Oil question

Hi I just picked up an AM1 and I had a couple of questions for JM, SSINGA, & other AM1 users. My fork seems to blow through the travel pretty easy in the AM & DS TST settings. I have tried anywhere from 30-50 PSI and I weight 190. Did any of your forks ship with to little oil? The marzocchi site shows 175 cc in the right leg & 40 cc in the left. Does that number jive with what you guys have found? Thanks for all your help. You guys always provide great info.

not so super...
    My setup - rider 220lbs - 145ml max in the ETA side and 40-50ml in the TST. I run 25psi.
    Nothing to see here.

Elitest thrill junkie
    yeah, not alot of PSI, the plushest setup for me seems to be with about an 20mm of sag (in the 6" setting), around 12-20psi or so. I'm ~190lbs.

The key is to get the right sag, if you get the right sag and then bottom, you need to adjust the oil level in the ETA leg. Add a cap-full of ~7wt oil at a time.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

MK_
    carpe maņana
    It very well may be an oil issue. I would recommend just draining the oil and starting fresh with 140ml in the ETA side and 40ml in the TST side. That way you will know excatly where your oil levels are. You shouldn't need more than 20-25psi in the air spring. If 40ml in the TST side proves to be too little, you can add 5ml and try again.

_MK
    "No man goes before his time -- unless the boss leaves early."
    -- Marx, Groucho

only slightly broken
    [QUOTE=Jayem]yeah, not alot of PSI, the plushest setup for me seems to be with about an 20mm of sag (in the 6" setting), around 12-20psi or so. I'm ~190lbs.

QUOTE]

This doesn't sound like enough sag. Shouldn't it be more like 40mm at 150mm of travel?

Elitest thrill junkie
    [QUOTE=pffft]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem
    yeah, not alot of PSI, the plushest setup for me seems to be with about an 20mm of sag (in the 6" setting), around 12-20psi or so. I'm ~190lbs.

QUOTE]

This doesn't sound like enough sag. Shouldn't it be more like 40mm at 150mm of travel?
    Yeah, it's probably closer to that. It's difficult to tell sometimes because weight shift does play a pretty big role.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

Living the Dream

Thanks

I'll give SSINGA's oil levels a try. I like the desert storm color in person. It goes nice with the Truner Blue.