Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    PSI
    I want that one

HII (Homers in Israel)

ok. after seeing zimooovie's excellent movie i think its really time we put the gas on the HII. maybe get pedalim the importer involved. so what do ya say? tald, pizzaman, radius, rii, yn, untold others?

I'll bring the beer peter

Live to Ride.Ride to Live
    i'll toast for that

count me IN
    I'd like to meet the guy who invented beer and see what he's working on now.

... I guess you won't be
    I'll bring the hamentashen!
    Yes, we do indeed rock...http://www.myspace.com/spokedrunkies

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Definitely in.
    So that we have time to prepare, I suggest closing on Friday or Saturday in 2 weeks. (Although I am free this Friday as well )
    Somewhere fun - I suggest Kerem Maharal of course

mtbr member
    I am in, and since my brother is a bike lush, he is in without me even asking.
    I'll bring Viggy, too.

That makes two Fluxes and a 5.5 Spot.

Any Friday morning, 8 a.m. ride time, anywhere in the country.

Of course, after stumbling my way around Shokef and Allon last week, I'd love to be shown the trails by an expert.

Count us in and someone make sure that JokerMTB sends the darn hamentashen!!

PSI
    I want that one
    Quote Originally Posted by jokermtb
    I'll bring the hamentashen!
    if you bring then in person than its a deal... checked your profile to see where youre from, nice profile pic, play that funky music jewish boy!

PSI
    I want that one

jomer logistics

Quote Originally Posted by tald
    Definitely in.
    So that we have time to prepare, I suggest closing on Friday or Saturday in 2 weeks. (Although I am free this Friday as well )
    Somewhere fun - I suggest Kerem Maharal of course
    two weeks from now sounds good, although we might need to delay if we want a big turnout. on the other hand if we delay too much its going to be so hot we'll have to hold the event at 5 am if we want to include riding in the program

i think yn and bii have a self impose curfew on Saturdays so we should aim for Friday mornings.

who's up close and personal with asaf at pedalim (Ive actually never been there)? we need to see if they want to pick up the event (jomer, as in jew+homer, jerseys would be cool ) and send invites to their client list.

as far as location and itinerary go I'm wide open to suggestions. kerem maharal can work - a desert ride would be better. what do we want on the agenda? easy, fun ride and then BBQ and beer?

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Sure, why not. Just provide enough advance warning so I clear my schedule.

Not sensitive to location, anywhere with single tracks will do...

mtbr member
    We all know it gets hotter by the day around here. I vote for Friday the 16th of May.
    That gives us more than enough time to organise and we beat someof the heat.

Around the Carmel area sounds great. Early morning start or we will suffer.

I speak with Assaf frequently - I can pass the idea by him. Let's talk privately about what we may have in mind and then I will call him.

Let's talk this afternoon.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

I'm in.

Just give me time to re-build my bike. Took it apart, it's getting an all-new parts kit for it's birthday.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    count me in

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Friday May 16th works for me. Desert may be too hot.
    I can happily show you around Kerem Maharal or the University/Alon/etc trails. Singletrack, we can easily find a nice combination of more technical and less-technical in these areas.

Live to Ride.Ride to Live

Meirav

Meirav should be the best option, with various technical level options + picnic area for the "Laughs & Beers" part.
    I'd like to meet the guy who invented beer and see what he's working on now.

mtbr member
    Let's here a head count for Friday May 16th, a time we'd call the ride for, and a time we would actually ride.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    May I suggest Ben-Shemen ? It's actually more central then Meirav, also for the Tel Aviv area guys as well as the southern guys, not to talk about the people from Pedalim.
    I also think may 16 is too early. I won't be able to finish my build until then

mtbr member
    ben shemen-sick of it but it's a good central avarage location
    if you do not have something new to tell
    let someone else talk

15 minuts (de niro)

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by zimooovie
    ben shemen-sick of it but it's a good central avarage location

You can never get sick of Ben-Shemen. I can show you new single tracks I bet you never ridden before.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    I'd love Ben-Shemen. Haven't ridden there yet (local boy...).

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    As for Pedalim, here's a thought:
    Pedalim would probably be interested... and helpful... if this were to appear in a local bike magazine.
    Anyone here acquainted with one of the standard Ofanaim or Israeli MBA article writers, Nimrod Cohen or others? If we can interest one of these guys to do an article on this "underground Israeli Turner friends via MTBR" - we should surely get Pedalim interested.

mtbr member

i'm taking your invitation

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaMan
    You can never get sick of Ben-Shemen. I can show you new single tracks I bet you never ridden before.
    really whant something new
    let someone else talk

15 minuts (de niro)

mtbr member
    whant=want
    let someone else talk

15 minuts (de niro)

mtbr member
    Yes I know Harel who writes for Ofanaim. I also have a friend who knows Ben Shemen like the back of his hand, but would prefer Maharal, everyone pray that my wife is behind this!!!

PSI
    I want that one
    Quote Originally Posted by tald
    As for Pedalim, here's a thought:
    Pedalim would probably be interested... and helpful... if this were to appear in a local bike magazine.
    Anyone here acquainted with one of the standard Ofanaim or Israeli MBA article writers, Nimrod Cohen or others? If we can interest one of these guys to do an article on this "underground Israeli Turner friends via MTBR" - we should surely get Pedalim interested.
    dude. youre over articulating... give pedalim benefit of the doubt... nimrod's dad has a spot, so by extention he's a homer... ill have "my people" talk to his.

if we aim for the 16th its gonna be small and cozy - which we can do at any rate. if we want to "produce" a real event with pedalim and mags then we should plan something a few months in advance after the summer.

PSI
    I want that one
    Quote Originally Posted by Riding In Israel
    Yes I know Harel who writes for Ofanaim. I also have a friend who knows Ben Shemen like the back of his hand, but would prefer Maharal, everyone pray that my wife is behind this!!!
    its just a fri morning ride (well, with some beer at the end).... no need to summon higher powers. your wife will be fine

PSI
    I want that one
    the 16th is set then.

as far as BS vs KM i ride both frequently so im happy with either (just tell me which so ill know if i should take the flux or the spot ).

KM is a more "fun" but i agree that if there are people coming from the south (as in beer-sheva, not rehovot) then BS is more central...

please submit your votes

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast