Living the Dream

Highline Spring Weight for 165# rider

I weight just under 165 naked, so I was wondering what spring would be correct. The shock is a pushed DHX5.0 at 2.5x8.5. I have the 400 and it feels too soft, so I was thinking 450 or 475. Thanks for any help. BTW, will RS Vivid or Manitou Springs work?
    "And I shout that your all fakes and you should have seen the look on your face"

Well Biked
    Jun 2005
    I weight 173 and have found the 450 about as low as I can go post Push treatment. I think it should work pretty good for you. I can't say about the the other brands springs.

One thing I found was that I had to run my rebound faster then the recomended range, when I went up a spring. It was Pushed for a 400. I had assumed a slower setting would be needed on a heavier spring. It felt harsh until I really backed it off.

Living the Dream

Thanks, is 173 your riding or

weight or natural weight? I've been adding 10-15 pounds for my riding weight and the spring calculators show me between 450-475. I was just wanting to cross this with actual highline users.
    "And I shout that your all fakes and you should have seen the look on your face"

Well Biked
    Jun 2005
    173 is my weight with all clothes off. I tend to slog a long alot of water when I ride, but I am not sure of my weight all geared up. You could probably go with either depending on how big you go. It seems a lot of the bottom out is bumper dependant.