Flyin Canine

the Highline as a race bike

Highline in it's first race. Just got the bike built up last week. It ruled!! I got 5th place in my first dh race ever! It was the CHDH in livermore, ca. Thanks for the big pic Wherewolf!

My Friend Scott (goin medium) won 1st place. Time to move to sport class Scott! He got a medal on the spot, mines in the mail they say. I got the hat for a prize.

My other friend Rich ( surfinguru ) won sport men!

Dude talk about some talent to follow, I gotta step up now that I got a big bike!
    The pic of the shuttle truck shows why I like the fact that the highline has no paint!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Pixie Dust Addict
    Aug 2004
    Congrats on the hardware Shane! The real question is did you get any ooohs and aaahs over the Highline at the race?

Flyin Canine
    Quote Originally Posted by 2TurnersNotEnough
    Congrats on the hardware Shane! The real question is did you get any ooohs and aaahs over the Highline at the race?

Well, I got a ton of people asking about it. I think the fact that it has no decals gets it noticed a lot. Most notable was Mark Weir saying as I rode by "Ohh, that's one of those new Turner Highlines"

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    yer killin me here! thats it. no more ride pics till it drys out in iowa. im puttin my foot down till i can clp it in.
    No, I'm NOT back!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I was standing behind you in line for the shuttle. Your bike is sweet.

Flyin Canine
    It was raining up to 24hrs before the race. We thought it might get canceled but luckily the dirt drys very fast. El Chim, thanks for the compliment, I love the bike so far.

yeah, fine, great. not so much here. if someone spits, we have mud for a week. thanx for rubbin it in. more rain today but why not? its my day off. go figure. anyone got heather tesch's phone number? id like to give that beotch a piece of my mind.
    No, I'm NOT back!

Flyin Canine
    Yeah, we have some trails that stay muddle for a long time after rain and some that dry out in 8 hrs. Unluckily for me the ones that dry out fast are all at least 40min drive away. The trails outside my front door are made of clay. There's a reason that pdf compnay named themselves Adobe. And don't get me started about rain. We've had 24 days of rain for the month of March here!!!

Flyin Canine
    Here's another good one of the highline in action:

i miss az for that very reason. rainin? who cares! saddle up guys, we ride in a hour.
    No, I'm NOT back!

J_B
    3056-BigGameHunter
    I was lucky to be granted a test ride of shanedawg's bad ass ride in the parking lot on Sunday. It felt pretty nice. Probably even better in action.
    PipeHittersUnion

e.thirteen,EVOMO,IntenseCycles,Maxxis,ODI,SDG,661

Flyin Canine
    Hey, JB, was that you on the dhr? The bike was awesome on course. I'm still tuning the fork, but I think the rear end is pretty dialed. For such a big travel bike it turns sharp, rails corners (when the pilot is operating properly) and makes the stutter bump disappear underneath you. That G-out was a lot of fun on it. Hell that whole race was fun. Did you guys have good runs?

Turner Homer
    Sorry for the thread hijack, but last sunday I did my first xc race on my burner. I got 4th place in the novice class. Here is a pic of me racing it.
    Dave

No, that's not phonetic
    Jeeze, check out the log hazard. Looks more like an CX course than a Norba dirt crit.

Congrats on the finishes, gentlemen.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

Never enough time to ride
    LOL, that's my Float!!!! That coarse looks like a lot of fun! And congrats on the nice finish, not bad for yer first race.

So how's the shock treatin ya??

happy trails...

squish
    Get out and ride!

banned
    Hey DT, where was that course???? It looks kind of familiar.

and my reducers!

dt treks podium speech, i can hear it now: "id like to thank all the little people who helped me along the way...."
    No, I'm NOT back!

J_B
    3056-BigGameHunter
    Quote Originally Posted by shanedawg
    Hey, JB, was that you on the dhr? The bike was awesome on course. I'm still tuning the fork, but I think the rear end is pretty dialed. For such a big travel bike it turns sharp, rails corners (when the pilot is operating properly) and makes the stutter bump disappear underneath you. That G-out was a lot of fun on it. Hell that whole race was fun. Did you guys have good runs?
    I was on the black one and my buddy was on the white one. I had a good run...came in
    5th though. Can't really b!tch since I haven't put any serious miles on the road bike and wasn't really riding my DH bike. My buddy and I got one practice run in. That race was pretty fun regardless of the slight probs that occurred.

I love the fact that your frame has no stickers but everyone knows what it is.
    PipeHittersUnion

e.thirteen,EVOMO,IntenseCycles,Maxxis,ODI,SDG,661

Turner Homer
    Quote Originally Posted by squish
    LOL, that's my Float!!!! That coarse looks like a lot of fun! And congrats on the nice finish, not bad for yer first race.

So how's the shock treatin ya??

happy trails...

squish
    Hay guys, I got to say, the float is very nice, and throught the race, I used the lockout on the really hilly parts. The only thing I wish it had was platform, but otherwise, I would like to get a fox sometime in the future. Now only if manitou would hurry up I would have my shock back. Otherwise thanks for the loan. Also jerk chicken, the course was located in central park in Schenectady ny. Is this what you thought it was?
    Dave

Flyin Canine
    Turner has always been into the race scene but it's funny that you're racing a burner in XC and I'm racing a Highline in DH. Congrats on your finish man!......even though you did hijack the hell outta this thread.

Never enough time to ride
    DT, that's cool, glad to hear it's working for ya. So far I haven't found a platform shock I've liked. I guess I'm a pain in the butt that way.

happy trails...

squish
    Get out and ride!

Broken and dizzy
    Holy crap what a thread hi-jack there dtrek! Next time start your own thread so we can pile on the accolades there and not take away from someone elses accomplishments.

See you down at the Otter dawg...