dust'n bones
    Oct 2007

Highline no longer available...???

I was wondering when the new Turner distributor here in Germany, Toxoholics, told me, that the Highline frame will no longer be available, even in the states...

could anybody verify that?

or is this a point of no return and we can expect a total new concept?

Let us know, Dave

THX

Chris

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    yeah... DT posted about some weeks ago... the new RFX apprently will be somwhere between the current RFX and the HL...but with a slopestyle twist...

fried stuff with cheese
    They were still available in the states as of last week...
    Egg

It's carbon dontcha know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Locotiki
    They were still available in the states as of last week...
    New toy?

mtbr member

Highline

He must just not be releasing it for 09? There are plenty of them out there in shops though, a lot of us took advantage of the discounted frames a while back, from what I could tell. Soon to be an instant classic then.

fried stuff with cheese
    Quote Originally Posted by 6thElement
    New toy?
    What? You mean my new mug?

Egg

That took a second to register

An '06, a fine model so I'm told. I'm happily fooling around with my '08 though

fried stuff with cheese
    That took a second to register

An '06, a fine model so I'm told. I'm happily fooling around with my '08 though
    If it's on 06 no one told me....Mmm.
    Got it new from Turner last week.
    Egg

mtbr member
    I'm anxious to see what the new RFX is going to look like. In the mean time I'll do my best to abuse the highline, it's a lot of bike, more than I need.

Lay off the Levers
    That's so kewl!

Countdown to Whistler 2012...
    July can't come fast enough!

I think it's a marginally longer top-tube, the slightly different (and probably better) front derailleur cable routing and the better colour on the '06's.

What's the closest mountain, Highland?

fried stuff with cheese
    I think it's a marginally longer top-tube, the slightly different (and probably better) front derailleur cable routing and the better colour on the '06's.

What's the closest mountain, Highland?
    Got it all sorted out....It was funny you brought that up as I was suspicious of the cable routing. When I ordered it there was no mention that it was an 06.
    Turns out the only frames left are the front triangles from 06-07 that they pulled the rear ends off for warranty replacements. So...I have a new 06 front triangle powder coated semi-gloss black with the rear end and shock from the 08.

Highland is 15 min from my house.....and so far I've only ridden there four times. Three after they first opened and once prior to opening after doing some volunteer work for them. Out of the four times, I left hurt three. We'll see how much more trouble this bike will get me into.

I really want to get down to Diablo this season. I've heard it has a lot more variety than Highland. Highland is super fun and they do a better job than anyone I think on building their trails. My only issue with it is that the first year they were open they were strictly an expert only place. Everything in there was huge. Over the last two seasons they've added two beginner trails and a beginner skills area. I've only ridden one of the beginner trails on my trip there last year and it was really fun. I can run that trail and their intermediate trail top to bottom without issue. I've run all of the other trails (3) but have to ride around most of the stunts and drops. I'm hoping to get some of them locked down this season though.

Another place I really like, although I don't need a Highline for it, is Killington. They have over 30 trails and they are all really long. A typical day there has us getting over 20 miles. I think one run we do there is over 3 miles top to bottom. Super fun flow in the woods to nasty rock gardens. None of the big built up stunts that you find at Highland though.

Ok - I'm off to drink rum out of my headtube.
    Egg

trail fairy
    Maybe we should run a poll thread to save the Highline, wish we knew more of this RFX to see where it fits, I just don't want to jump the gun!

But I hate to se the HL go, for many reasons!
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

~~~~~~~~
    reminds me of how the RFX had to take a break(and then a rename) for a few years.

trail fairy
    Quote Originally Posted by airwreck
    reminds me of how the RFX had to take a break(and then a rename) for a few years.
    Worked for me, I could never quite deal with the 6pack code, I like a Rigger myself so the RFX brought me to the dark side, which is way cooler

I hate to see the name drop too, it has so much history, I love history it adds to the methology of the model something severely lacking in mtb, one thing Ive always loved about road bikes, passion for a certain model, the name the history even the paint can be legends, I'm sure that why allot us love our Turners not because of what linkage they have, just saying again

Rigger

Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

fried stuff with cheese
    I'm just glad I bought what I bought when I bought it......know what I mean?

08 RFX and Highline.
    Egg