mtbr member

New question here. Highline chainline?

I'm trying to build up my 06 Highline and can't seem to get the chainline right.

Build includes:
    • RaceFace evolve dh cranks w/ x-type BB
    • e-13 STS chainguide (old version)
    • 150mm outlaw rear wheel
    • 9spd casette

RaceFaces assembly instructions say to use two 2.5mm spacers on the drive side (between the BB cup and the frame) and one 2.5mm spacer on the non-drive side. Like this, my chainline is way off (chainring is pushed too far out).

anyone have any experience with a similar setup and if this the correct use of the spacers? My initial thought is to just remove the two spacers from the drive side .. but the instructions mentioned that with no spacers is the setup for a 103mm bb shell.

It's carbon dontcha know.
    I've just built mine up but I was using Gravity light cranks and an ISCG chainguide. I had a 2.5mm spacer either side. Outlaw wheel, XT cassette and Saint front derailleur.

FM
    luxatio erecta
    I have a totally different set-up (saint cranks with a stinger ISCG guide), but when using shimano's reccomendations my chainline was way off. I think they suggested two 2.5mm spacers drive side and one on the non-drive.
    Through word of mouth I heard turner suggested the exact opposite- one spacer driveside and two on the non-drive. Sure enough, tried that and my chainline is spot-on. hope that helps.

mtbr member
    yes.. that helps, I would imagine DT knows best. I'll try changing the spacers around in the morning.