Thread: Hi from OZ

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Hi from OZ

Hi, my name is Petri from Australia. I've heard that this is the place for Turner owners to revell and rave so I'd like to ask some advice.
    I own an 03 DHR which recently broke. I'm currently waiting for a replacement frame and swingarm to be sent. The place it broke was around the main pivot which also twisted the pivot holes on the swingarm, looking at pics of the new 04 frames, they look exactly the same around that area. I also had huge problems with the bearings flogging out, i just had a customer come back with his bearings destroyed after only two weeks of riding a brand new frame. It took the bearings in my frame the same time to collapse. I just chickened out of buying a new Rail after seeing this happen to yet another DHR frame.
    I emailed Turner to try to get an eta and an explination (as i'm in the middle of a race season) with no response, they did contact the wholesaler (telling them it'll arrive in April) but not me-and i don't have it yet. I understand that they are busy so i accepted that, but obviously i feel a little neglected expecially that i support Turner in my bike shops.
    I am curious as to whether anyone else has had that problem and are any of the 04 frames doing that? 4 out of five frames that i know of in Australia broke so obviously it must be an inherrent problem-not the fact that Aussies are so hardcore!

If anyone has any advice, i'd love to get it. After so many frames breaking here, the brand dosen't have a very good image and personally i really like the bikes and i want to rectify that.

Next thread i start hopefully will be full of praise and wonderfulnessness...ness about my shiny new bike!!!

Cheers,
    Petri

No, that's not phonetic
    Yow, that's pretty serious sounding stuff. Most of us here on this board are xc geeks or trailriders with a mild FR habit, but I have honestly hardly seen a single DHR come through this page. I have not heard of regular DHR breakage, but then there aren't many DH peeps who come through here. If I were you, I would hop on over to the DH/FR board on this site and put "4 out of 5 Turner DHR frames broken" in the subject line or something. That would get some attention, and I think you would find a lot more riders of that frame there. Those guys follow the DH scene.

Turner is very hit and miss when it comes to responding to emails. They seem to take it all in and digest it, but then they seem to treat some queries as rhetorical and don't respond. I think they have not replied to my last 4 emails over the last 4 months. Get them on the phone if you want gratification.

Good luck. If you guys ride like the Aussies I know drink, no bike stands a chance.
    tscheezy
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    geez, thanks dude. I figured that u guys were mostly budgies. I love XC but the years of couriering i did killed my knees so gravitational adrenal gratification is my only way now.

Thanks for the advice on where to go?!?..huh.. people like telling me that. I'll jump on the DH forums and suss those guys out.

i'd love to get on the phone but i'll try a bit more throught the forums first. I need more advice on wether to use this brand again rather than gratification. I don't want to bag them out but the feeling on turners in Australia in not inspiring at the moment. We'll see what the 04 frames do.

Cheers,

Petri