Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    26

    here's she is,my RFX

    I Love This Bike!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    FM
    FM is offline
    luxatio erecta
    Reputation: FM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    8,943
    That's real nice! Interesting that many of us RFX owners have grvaitated towards the Z150... makes for a "6-spot". Nice balanced feel with the romic.

    So our bikes our nearly identical, but I have mine set up for a bit more XC-ability.... have you weighed yours? I haven't weighed mine, but I'm guessing 37lbs...

    Nice ride!

    Quote Originally Posted by E-Dawg
    I Love This Bike!!!

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    95
    what size rfx is that?

  4. #4
    Rides like wrecking ball
    Reputation: Bulldog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,116
    Quote Originally Posted by Biandon
    what size rfx is that?
    Pretty sure it's an 18", like 90% of 'em out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hesh to Steel
    With people liking mongoose and trek bikes now, what's next in this crazy world? People disliking the bottlerocket?!

  5. #5
    Rides like wrecking ball
    Reputation: Bulldog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,116
    Nice bike! I'm still loving mine. May actually get some pics up this week, maybe.

    My Z.1 is still doing great. Had planned to buy an '04 Z150 since they got lighter, but I'm going to wait until I can see a Marzocchi "66" up close to truly convice myself it's too big for an RFX. Until then the Z.1 will suffice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hesh to Steel
    With people liking mongoose and trek bikes now, what's next in this crazy world? People disliking the bottlerocket?!

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    26

    it's medium(or a 18") ...............

    so far so good,i got it brand new from a shop that had it hanging around
    i really dig it,i've used it for a couple dh races but mainly for hucking and dj.

    e-dawg

  7. #7
    Rides like wrecking ball
    Reputation: Bulldog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,116
    Quote Originally Posted by steve3
    I'm wondering if the Highline will have such a devoted following and be a better RFX.

    I kind of like how Turner is going for very industrial looking bikes now.

    The Highline will sell like hotcakes. In the future I may consider lightening up my RFX for more XC duty, and go for a Highline with 7" 66 fork for the ultimate pedal-able freerider.

    I personally hate the new industrial appearance to Turners DH/FR bikes. A tough bike can still look dead sexy, and IMO should. In the end it's still Turner's design and execution that I'm buying/riding so I'd still do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hesh to Steel
    With people liking mongoose and trek bikes now, what's next in this crazy world? People disliking the bottlerocket?!

  8. #8
    M070R-M0U7H FR3NCHI3
    Reputation: Acadian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,535
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog
    I personally hate the new industrial appearance to Turners DH/FR bikes. A tough bike can still look dead sexy, and IMO should. In the end it's still Turner's design and execution that I'm buying/riding so I'd still do it.
    it grows on you tho I didn't like the new DHR at firt...now I'm in DEEP LOVE!!!

    can't wait to see a production Highline.

  9. #9
    No, that's not phonetic
    Reputation: tscheezy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    14,365
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog
    I personally hate the new industrial appearance to Turners DH/FR bikes. A tough bike can still look dead sexy, and IMO should.
    The Highline at I-Bike was just a mock-up. The final version may look very different indeed. There are a lot of aspects to balance like where to put a long shock and how to keep the tire from hitting the uninturrupted seat tube at full compression.

    tscheezy
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jncarpenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    6,758
    Quote Originally Posted by tscheezy
    The Highline at I-Bike was just a mock-up. The final version may look very different indeed. There are a lot of aspects to balance like where to put a long shock and how to keep the tire from hitting the uninturrupted seat tube at full compression.

    tscheezy
    ......From the conversations I have had with DT, apparently it will be quite different. It's funny, I called once to get some info concerning the HL sometime back & ended up talking nearly an hour with him regarding everything from bicycle suspension designs in general to the latest damper technology. I was so impressed with his candor, I ordered a 5S...lol. That wasn't the only time it has happened either. Seems like a cool dude.

    Back to the HL........I made the comparison of the final version looking more like the latest Devinci FR models & he agreed it probably will be very similar in concept.


  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    490
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog
    Nice bike! I'm still loving mine. May actually get some pics up this week, maybe.

    My Z.1 is still doing great. Had planned to buy an '04 Z150 since they got lighter, but I'm going to wait until I can see a Marzocchi "66" up close to truly convice myself it's too big for an RFX. Until then the Z.1 will suffice.
    SHHHHHHHHH! First rule about the Marzochhi 66 is that there is no Marzocchi 66.

    And yeah post pics already.

  12. #12
    large member
    Reputation: sub6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    177
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog
    The Highline will sell like hotcakes. In the future I may consider lightening up my RFX for more XC duty, and go for a Highline with 7" 66 fork for the ultimate pedal-able freerider.

    I personally hate the new industrial appearance to Turners DH/FR bikes. A tough bike can still look dead sexy, and IMO should. In the end it's still Turner's design and execution that I'm buying/riding so I'd still do it.
    I have to agree - I don't dig the new look either. Two of the best-looking bikes in the world IMHO are the '02 RFX and '03 DHR. The "newer versions" of both don't cut it for me at all...
    ~~HCOR.net~~
    East Coast, beyotch!

  13. #13
    M070R-M0U7H FR3NCHI3
    Reputation: Acadian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,535
    Quote Originally Posted by sub6
    I have to agree - I don't dig the new look either. Two of the best-looking bikes in the world IMHO are the '02 RFX and '03 DHR. The "newer versions" of both don't cut it for me at all...
    maybe functions before looks

    this weekend at a race I compared my med 04 DHR to a friends 03 DHR and the 04's weight (and maybe lack of it) appreard to be better distributed than the 03. I would have to spend time on both bikes to really tell...but it just appeard that way! They are, IMO, both gorgeous bikes tho!!

  14. #14
    Rides like wrecking ball
    Reputation: Bulldog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,116
    Quote Originally Posted by incubus
    SHHHHHHHHH! First rule about the Marzochhi 66 is that there is no Marzocchi 66.

    And yeah post pics already.
    So you're telling me that if I posted some pics I saved of the 66, especially the spec charts, that this entire thread would be deleted? I somehow believe that to be true.

    Pics, yeah. Darren promised me my shock went out today UPS blue label. So pics this weekend hopefully.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hesh to Steel
    With people liking mongoose and trek bikes now, what's next in this crazy world? People disliking the bottlerocket?!

  15. #15
    FM
    FM is offline
    luxatio erecta
    Reputation: FM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    8,943
    I'll bite!

    If ya can't post 'em, send 'em by email!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog
    So you're telling me that if I posted some pics I saved of the 66, especially the spec charts, that this entire thread would be deleted? I somehow believe that to be true.

    Pics, yeah. Darren promised me my shock went out today UPS blue label. So pics this weekend hopefully.

  16. #16
    Rides like wrecking ball
    Reputation: Bulldog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,116
    Quote Originally Posted by FM
    I'll bite!

    If ya can't post 'em, send 'em by email!
    Well I don't have any pics at all. Don't own a camera, at all. But I also don't know how to post pics on the new boards here, so I'll have to learn that this weekend I guess. I'm sure it's easy though, I'm just not very patient.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hesh to Steel
    With people liking mongoose and trek bikes now, what's next in this crazy world? People disliking the bottlerocket?!

  17. #17
    ~~~~~~~~
    Reputation: airwreck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    5,774

    Cool-blue Rhythm

    Quote Originally Posted by FM
    That's real nice! Interesting that many of us RFX owners have grvaitated towards the Z150...
    My 03.5 Z150 got auctioned off last week, as I've been enjoying the five inch mode lately with the Vanilla. This is the first time in many years that our garage has been Marzocchi-less as the Z150, my old MrT and an Atom were purged.

    Sometimes I feel that I am faster downhill due to the lower BB/COG at five inches, at least for the particular trails that I've been riding lately. But I really need to pay attention to where my pedals are going over obstacles.

    Seriously considering the 150SL as a replacement, seeing as I was only running one spring anyway. That would be my first air fork since the mag 21. Ideal would be the SL and fit it with some Ti springs and the coil internals(are the cartridges the same in the SL and coil? would the Manitou firefly Ti Springs fit?).

    Having a DC that is a bit taller than the Z150 would be a nice option also. Been eyeing the Boxxer with it's 6 or 7 inch option, saw one in the classifieds with Romic internals, that would be the setup.

    Ultimatly I could see my RFX fork quiver containing an '03 Z1 for five inching, an '04 Z150 and a Super T, but then there's the '05 models still to come....

    After every ride (especially after fast downhills) I find my self saying I love this bike. It's easy to see why there is this spreading infatuation with the five spot.

    Here's how we started out.


    My first post of the Z150 on the DH board got a few people reminding me how I'm "screwing it up for everybody".


    And this is how it spends most it's life.


    Now I'm starting to realize I miss the Z150...
    Last edited by airwreck; 04-10-2004 at 12:38 PM. Reason: keep finding more photos

  18. #18
    Flyin Canine
    Reputation: shanedawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,282
    Quote Originally Posted by airwreck
    My 03.5 Z150 got auctioned off last week, as I've been enjoying the five inch mode lately with the Vanilla. This is the first time in many years that our garage has been Marzocchi-less as the Z150, my old MrT and an Atom were purged.

    Sometimes I feel that I am faster downhill due to the lower BB/COG at five inches, at least for the particular trails that I've been riding lately. But I really need to pay attention to where my pedals are going over obstacles.

    Seriously considering the 150SL as a replacement, seeing as I was only running one spring anyway. That would be my first air fork since the mag 21. Ideal would be the SL and fit it with some Ti springs and the coil internals(are the cartridges the same in the SL and coil? would the Manitou firefly Ti Springs fit?).

    Having a DC that is a bit taller than the Z150 would be a nice option also. Been eyeing the Boxxer with it's 6 or 7 inch option, saw one in the classifieds with Romic internals, that would be the setup.

    Ultimatly I could see my RFX fork quiver containing an '03 Z1 for five inching, an '04 Z150 and a Super T, but then there's the '05 models still to come....

    Airwreck, it seems like you spend a lot of time switching forks. I heard that the 05 Boxxer was going to have adjustable travel. Have you looked at that one yet?

    I just had to take out one of the springs on my wife's 04Z150FR. I could not get too much info about tuning this fork. Which spring did you remove?

    I just got a used RFX frame last week and am trying to pick the fork that should go on it. I hope Marz or Fox come out with an adjustable travel dual crown with some kind of lockout soon as I think that would be the ideal fork for this bike.
    Last edited by shanedawg; 04-12-2004 at 09:31 AM.

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    99
    Quote Originally Posted by incubus
    SHHHHHHHHH! First rule about the Marzochhi 66 is that there is no Marzocchi 66.

    And yeah post pics already.
    out of a french mag;


Similar Threads

  1. here's my RFX.
    By E-Dawg in forum Turner
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-06-2004, 08:21 AM
  2. Fresh RFX porn
    By FM in forum Turner
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-03-2004, 09:00 AM
  3. RFX Questions
    By miles e in forum Turner
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-02-2004, 09:26 PM
  4. Show me your RFX
    By E-Dawg in forum Turner
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-22-2004, 10:38 PM
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-22-2004, 10:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •