mtbr member
    May 2008

Help! Broken bolt...

I need some help please. I was tightening one of the bolts at the DW Link (2009 DW Flux) and the bolt snapped off (yes, I was using a torque wrench)! So now I have a threaded, snapped off bolt in one of the DW bolt shafts. Any and ALL advice will be greatly appreciated!

I am thinking that I will have to take the rear end apart and some how try to get the snapped off portion out. Does anyone know if the bolt that I snapped off is a standard size? Could I go to a good hardware store and find a match? Or do I need to contact Turner for a replacement bolt ASAP?

Thanks for the help my fellow Homers!

mtbr member
    pic?

mtbr member
    Is it small enough so that you can pull it through from the opposite side? So that is can fit through the bushing hole?

You can try drilling it, maybe EZ out if it can fit. If not, grind away the excess with a dremel so that it can be pulled through from the opposite side or tapped out.
    2006 Turner 5 Spot
    2007 Trek 2100 ZR

mtbr member
    May 2008

fixed!

Thanks for the help guys. I was able to pull the other side of the dw link out, get a vise grips on the snapped off piece and unthread it. From there it was off to the hardware store where I found a perfect match! They are metric 6mm 2inch long 1 pitch course thread bolts. So nothing Turner specific. Bike was back in action by 4pm today.

PHEW!!!