mtbr member
    May 2004

Help with 2nd shock choice

hi there everyone just need a bit of advice on a shock ive read most posts on the rp3 and i have a dhx c with ti spring but would still like to loose some more weight is the rp3 in the same league as the dhx the one ive seen is a pushed model and is going cheep here in the uk about 100pounds less than a stock rps so am very keen to here from any one who has riden one also pike vs fox van rlc130 any thoughts on this for my 5spot weight performance etc thank you in advance for any help bat.

fried stuff with cheese
    I'll let the others chime in, but I think you should be comparing DHX coil and the DHX air.
    The RP3 is a great shock, Push it and it only gets better. I guess it would depend on what type of riding you do, what bike it is, and how much you weigh. RP3 and DHX coil are apples and oranges really.
    Egg

mtbr member
    May 2004
    im riding a 5spot and have dhx air on my intense 6.6 it is a great shock but im trying to make an all day ride some thing i can put miles in on im about `17 stone at the moment but am loosing weight so hope to get down to about 15.5 the intense will come a play bike when finished you know 2to3 hours playing in the woods that sort of thing so will always be my second bike but i would like to get my spot down a few pounds to for the ups (god i hate climbing) so weight loss all round will help all thanks again bat.

fried stuff with cheese
    I'm running an RP3 on my Spot and love it. I havn't had it Pushed yet but will be soon.
    Egg

mtbr member
    May 2004
    cool thanks for that i think i will go for it any way it is nearly half price with the pushed up grade so dont think i will loose out on my money

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Locotiki
    I'll let the others chime in, but I think you should be comparing DHX coil and the DHX air.
    The RP3 is a great shock, Push it and it only gets better. I guess it would depend on what type of riding you do, what bike it is, and how much you weigh. RP3 and DHX coil are apples and oranges really.
    Even still, it's apples and oranges. The DHXC and DHXA look similer, but internally they have different pistons and the DHXA lacks much of the damping support that the DHXC has.

I'd rather try a pushed RP3 than go for a DHXA on most bikes, due to my experience with the DHXA.

I think the DHXC is a far better shock than the DHXA.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    thanks jayem it is the rp3 that im looking at not th dhx air only because it is such a good price and the weight issue your right apples and pears the coil is a great shock and a vast inprovment on the stock romic and i would wish to knock it but i am after a day bike so am trying to loose some weight of the bike and my own fat ass to boot bat.

Be happy......go riding

Warning

I hope you understand the PUSHed RP3 that you're looking at had custom factory tuning to fit the bike and rider that it came off of. It would have to be retuned to fit you and your bike

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    i ASSUME YOU'RE GETTING THE ONE OFF THE TFTUNED WEBSITE?

mtbr member
    May 2004
    yeah i was but there are all ready 2 other people in line and they still have not got it back from mbuk so no luck there will have to wait a while longer and just get it done from new in a couple of mounths

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Hi, I was actually thinking of getting rid of my RP3 for a coil shock myself. interested in swapping?

mtbr member
    May 2004

hi pete

my be but i was after a second shock to complement my dhx coil that i have the only other shock i have is the standard romic i dont know if you would be interested in some sort of deal if you are email me on carlfragle@aol.com and we can talk ok mate bat.