Thread: Head Tube

i want spring!

Head Tube

i got my SPOT sitting in the stand when i noticed the head tube sticker was all bent.

first of all, a sticker! I figured it was made out of metal but the "T" part that popps outside of the diamond is all bent.

am I crazy to think wit all the cash spent on da bike, I'd/we get something better than a sticker on the headtube?

am i being a silly dirty bert?

db
    Check out all these mountain biking t-shirts, hats, sweatshirts by Trail Hog today!

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    im sure a quick call to dt with the secret code word will get the ultra-mega-double-top-secret diamond encrusted platnum head badge in yer hands by one of his army of personal same hour messenger. just dont tell anyone! its a secret, remember?
    No, I'm NOT back!

No, that's not phonetic
    Personally I'm glad they put all that money you spent on the frame towards something more important than the head tube badge, but that's just me.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

mtbr member
    Yeah, the head tube badge is crap. I got tired of snagging rags when I cleaned the bike up after muddy rides so I pulled it off and stuck it on the head tube of my daughter's Winnie the Pooh tricycle. Now all her trike needs some small Turner stickers for the downtube to replace the lame bees and honey and she'll be a righteous Homerette.

Silence and Thunder...

Same thing here..

When I 'birthed' my new flux from the box last week, I took a few pictures, then removed the icky green stickers, then the blue masking tape covering the badge. Same thing you described! I was a bit upset at first, same thoughts that you mentioned. Then I proceeded to simply remove the dang thing.
    I would like to remove the downtube stickers when I get ready to build it, but the naked head tube looks kinda funny... I figured I'd call Turner when the time comes.

...or maybe P'aquaholic can hook me up w/ one of his custom badges..??

...or do we even need any stinkin' badges..??
    ...every day sends future to past...

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    ya know, it just occured to me that you may not think my little joke is funny. its all in fun, im just a smart ass and it happened to be yer turn in the perverbial dunk tank. in short, dont sweat it. that goes for the badge as well. now if the logos speed stripes were to have been moved to the RIGHT SIDE of the "T", you may have had somethin to complain about and we could enjoy a whole new slew of bash threads on why turner bikes let down their custys. hehehe!
    No, I'm NOT back!

i want spring!

T-Badge

Quote Originally Posted by xjbebop
    ...or do we even need any stinkin' badges..??

Hey,
    I notice every little detail and finding the inconsitincy of things, it's my job. (but spelling isn't my stronger subject, where the hell is the spell check?)

You got a bike with phat welds, milled out sections, a nice paint job and it's a sweet looking frame and then a cheezy sticker on the head tube. In my opinion, it seems like an after thought. I was just taken back by the T-badge, in print it looks like metal.

It's just an observation and a bit of a suprised to find something like that on this kind of bike. the craftmanship and quality is there and me griping about the t-badge is my only complaint, so that ain't so bad.

remove the sticker, you may say. but who likes having a sticky head tube?

db

p.s.
    i can't spell
    Check out all these mountain biking t-shirts, hats, sweatshirts by Trail Hog today!