Turner Homer

Hairline Crack...

Hey guys, how is it going, it has been a while since I have posted in here. So here is my problem. Since the beginning of this year, there has been this spot on the bottom of my front derailler clamp, that kind of looked like either a small scratch, or even a crack. So since then, I have been keeping an eye on it, and when I was cleaning the bike yesterday, I noticed that it seemed like it had grown, and that it is starting to look like a crack. So here are some pics, and you fellow homers let me know what you think. I have already sent a e mail to greg about this problem, and I wanted some opinions from you guys also. Thanks for the help. This sucks too, because I love this bike, as it is one of my most favorite bikes.
    Dave

banned
    Dude, that's cracking. Bad. You got some good miles out of that frame, if I'm not mistaken, and some races? Make the best of it and take your memories with you. Maybe someone has a tri out there for you, or you can always try and see how much a flux tri and rockers will run.

... or is it time to get a Spot Tri, rockers, and shock???

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dtrek4500
    Hey guys, how is it going, it has been a while since I have posted in here. So here is my problem. Since the beginning of this year, there has been this spot on the bottom of my front derailler clamp, that kind of looked like either a small scratch, or even a crack. So since then, I have been keeping an eye on it, and when I was cleaning the bike yesterday, I noticed that it seemed like it had grown, and that it is starting to look like a crack. So here are some pics, and you fellow homers let me know what you think. I have already sent a e mail to greg about this problem, and I wanted some opinions from you guys also. Thanks for the help. This sucks too, because I love this bike, as it is one of my most favorite bikes.
    Dave
    Definitely looks like a crack to me.

It's carbon dontcha know.
    I think it's time to lay off the meat pies

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 6thElement
    I think it's time to lay off the meat pies
    Hair pies are much healthier.

IMHO, of course.

Turner Homer
    Yup, that is what I thought, that she is on her way out. Maybe turner could make good of it, and if not I understand. I have also had some great rides on this bike, and also raced on it.
    Dave

banned
    Just be glad you didn't buy on the other side of the fence, or this and this is what you'd be dealing with.

Turner Homer
    Well that is very true, I have heard some pretty bad things about ellsworth and their warrenty issues. Well I hope this turns out well in the end, and I am going to really miss this bike.
    Dave

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dtrek4500
    Well that is very true, I have heard some pretty bad things about ellsworth and their warrenty issues. Well I hope this turns out well in the end, and I am going to really miss this bike.
    Dave
    I can't imagine it being a problem, whether you're a warranty or crash replacement. DT and Greg make things really easy to figure out what your best options are.

Lay off the Levers
    That frame is still good

... for a trade in.

Sorry to hear about the break. Get with Turner, they'll come up with something that'll get you back out.
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

Turner Homer
    Yup, that is what I thought that it is still good for. Haven't heard back from them yet, but when I do, I am hoping for the best.
    Dave

Turner Homer
    Hey guys, just got off the phone with Greg at turner bikes, and they said that they would honor the warrenty. So by next week on this same day, I should have a brand new candy blue front triangle and rockers for a turner flux. So my burner will morph into a blux. If you are reading this turner bikes, again thank you very much, and when I am in the market for a mountain bike again, turner will be my first choice.
    Regards
    Dave

banned
    That rocks! You'll love the Flux, trust me on that. I also went from a Burner to a Flux with the Burner Float R. Works well.

Bite Me.
    As usual, Turner CS shines through - now if they would only let you keep the old frame, the Burner tubes would make a very cool set of wind chimes.
    When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

Turner Homer
    You know they would be nice for that john. Those are some pretty big tubes that that frame is made of. Now since I am getting a different color flux, I am kind of toying with the idea of stripping off the black power coat off of my rear triangle, and polishing it. I know there has been threads in the past about doing this, but what is the easiest and safest way to do it.
    Dave

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    the black rear is gonna look shyt hot on the blue. id kill for that look on mine. glad it worked out but ask me if im surprised.
    No, I'm NOT back!

Lay off the Levers
    Damm that's excellent!
    Congats.
    Faster is better, even when it's not.