fried stuff with cheese

Hadley front hub issue......maybe.

I've got a wheel built up with Hadley hubs and I've noticed that the front hub has some play in it. I've only got three or four rides on them. I've made sure that the wheel is in the drop out correctly and that it's tight. I've tightened the hub with a crescent wrench but it didn't help. Looking at the hub it looks like you can tighten it further by using a spanner. (I don't have one) Before I run out and get one am I on the right track?
    Egg

Lookin for that extra can
    May 2004
    If you are experiencing bearing play, then tightening with the spanner (red) will fix that. Be carefull not to put too much preload on the bearings though...

--rip

fried stuff with cheese
    Thanks,
    I didn't have a spanner so I took it to the shop. They tightened it and it still has play. He said he took it apart and everything looked fine, but after putting it back together it was still loose. I sent an e-mail off to Larry at Mtn High, where I got the wheel and I think the shop is going to call Hadley for me today.
    Egg

Hisforever
    Locotiki, you may want to order a set of the Hadley hub tools. Then you should be able to keep the hubs tight w/out any issues. Great hubs, Hadleys are good 'to set em and forget em' for a long time

Shaheeb

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by SHAHEEB
    Locotiki, you may want to order a set of the Hadley hub tools. Then you should be able to keep the hubs tight w/out any issues. Great hubs, Hadleys are good 'to set em and forget em' for a long time

Shaheeb
    How much and where from shaheeb??

fried stuff with cheese
    Problem solved.
    Shop called Hadley and it looks like my jam nuts were loose.

....I said jam nuts.....
    Egg

Hisforever
    Hadley Direct, Proper.