Results 1 to 45 of 45

Thread: Grind

  1. #1
    Negative Rep Points!!!!
    Reputation: Aquaholic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,970

    Grind

    Here's some wednesday afternoon action pics for ya.

    I've been shoveling dirt on this one stunt for a few weeks and it's morphing nicely into a sweet double.

    The last set of pics is a new stunt I call the "Lake Grind". In the last pic you can see that all of the "training wheel rocks" have been removed. Good to hear that bash ring getting a workout!


    Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrind.

    Pics: By Mondo and Moi.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    What the EFF is "All MOUNTAIN"???

  2. #2
    Now with flavor!!
    Reputation: kidwoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    5,467
    I'm so proud of you..............

    There's a landing.......... a rollover.................I'm sorry..I can't do this..



    *sniff*










    Nice work man. Doubles on trails is cool.
    STRAVA: Enabling dorks everywhere to get trails shut down........ all for the sake of a race on the internet.

  3. #3
    Roy
    Roy is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Roy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,013
    Is that double over an open grave? That's just not right.

  4. #4
    not so super...
    Reputation: SSINGA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    11,480
    that's all you got? Weaksauce!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SSINGA; 03-08-2006 at 07:54 PM.
    Nothing to see here.

  5. #5
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    26,596
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquaholic
    Here's some wednesday afternoon action pics for ya.

    I've been shoveling dirt on this one stunt for a few weeks and it's morphing nicely into a sweet double.

    The last set of pics is a new stunt I call the "Lake Grind". In the last pic you can see that all of the "training wheel rocks" have been removed. Good to hear that bash ring getting a workout!


    Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrind.

    Pics: By Mondo and Moi.
    Hey Steve imagine how much farther you could fly if you removed that "goiter" off of your back. What do ya got in there a sleepingbag? By the way nice shot's once again.
    Last edited by DIRTJUNKIE; 03-08-2006 at 09:09 PM.

  6. #6
    Now with flavor!!
    Reputation: kidwoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    5,467
    Quote Originally Posted by SSINGA
    that's all you got? Weaksauce!
    So did the defecation come at the takeoff or were you posturing for an apex release?
    STRAVA: Enabling dorks everywhere to get trails shut down........ all for the sake of a race on the internet.

  7. #7
    Negative Rep Points!!!!
    Reputation: Aquaholic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,970
    Quote Originally Posted by SSINGA
    that's all you got? Weaksauce!

    Yo, Sean:

    They say that the camera adds 10 lbs to one's picture. How many cameras did you use for this shot?


    BTW, I'd get a new photographer if I were you.
    What the EFF is "All MOUNTAIN"???

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5,431
    Nice pix, but shouldn't you be wheelie dropping off that rock? What's with the rolling? Giving beginner skills demonstrations to the local grade school kids?

    That looks like it would be a sweet wheelie drop (about 8 feet in Cactus units I estimate)!

    I'll leave the double alone. Every time I think I've found a cool double, I watch Supercross, and feel like a Nancy-boy.
    Whining is not a strategy.

  9. #9
    not so super...
    Reputation: SSINGA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    11,480
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquaholic
    Yo, Sean:

    They say that the camera adds 10 lbs to one's picture. How many cameras did you use for this shot?


    BTW, I'd get a new photographer if I were you.
    It didn't add anything - I'm really that fat
    Nothing to see here.

  10. #10
    Negative Rep Points!!!!
    Reputation: Aquaholic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,970
    Quote Originally Posted by kosmo
    Nice pix, but shouldn't you be wheelie dropping off that rock? What's with the rolling? Giving beginner skills demonstrations to the local grade school kids?

    That looks like it would be a sweet wheelie drop (about 8 feet in Cactus units I estimate)!

    I'll leave the double alone. Every time I think I've found a cool double, I watch Supercross, and feel like a Nancy-boy.
    I'm always amused by armchair quarterbacks who give unsolicited riding tips over the internet. The runout directly after that boulder is real ugly.

    But, it's probably child's play for someone who's super duper gnarly.
    What the EFF is "All MOUNTAIN"???

  11. #11
    Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    Reputation: cactuscorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    12,942
    yer still my hero no matter what they say. gooooooooooo aqua!
    No, I'm NOT back!

  12. #12
    Outcast
    Reputation: Renegade's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    8,563
    Aqua, one of these days you're gonna fold that origami fork into three pieces if you keep riding like that.
    ****

  13. #13
    Stray Bullet
    Reputation: Nagaredama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,275
    Aqua-

    How does your buddy like the Romic on his Yeti?

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    57

    romic

    dude the romic rocks on the asx i got luck on this one i think its the only one like it with that stoke and length. the guy i bought the frame from was doing some work for them or something.

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5,431
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquaholic
    I'm always amused by armchair quarterbacks who give unsolicited riding tips over the internet. The runout directly after that boulder is real ugly.

    But, it's probably child's play for someone who's super duper gnarly.
    Doh....once again, my tongue-in-cheek, dry sense of humor fails to make it over the internet.

    To speak plainly, I probably wouldn't roll that thing, let alone wheelie drop it.....

    But that doesn't mean you aren't leaving yourself open for some good natured ****e! I thought that was half of what made the Turner board a lot more fun than most.
    Whining is not a strategy.

  16. #16
    rr
    rr is offline
    I don't do PC
    Reputation: rr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    7,401
    Quote Originally Posted by kosmo
    Doh....once again, my tongue-in-cheek, dry sense of humor fails to make it over the internet.

    To speak plainly, I probably wouldn't roll that thing, let alone wheelie drop it.....

    But that doesn't mean you aren't leaving yourself open for some good natured ****e! I thought that was half of what made the Turner board a lot more fun than most.
    Hey kosmo, I got it, and I agree about the gift of sh!t on this board.

    Aqua- don't worry about ssinga, I'm sure your jump is much bigger but when your 7 1/2 feet tall compared to 4' even then of course his is gonna look bigger.

    **edit- this is someone's cue to photoshop aqua into ssinga's jump, or vice versa

  17. #17
    Negative Rep Points!!!!
    Reputation: Aquaholic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,970

    Sh*t Hurling

    Quote Originally Posted by rroeder
    Hey kosmo, I got it, and I agree about the gift of sh!t on this board.

    Aqua- don't worry about ssinga, I'm sure your jump is much bigger but when your 7 1/2 feet tall compared to 4' even then of course his is gonna look bigger.

    **edit- this is someone's cue to photoshop aqua into ssinga's jump, or vice versa

    Kos:

    No worries, mate. I'm one of those guys who likes to dish it out, but can't take it.

    Actually, I'm feeling a bit edgy as of late. I take a lot of crap from the axis of evil. ie: Roy, Dusty Flatulence, and Fo Dung Beetle. And, that scumbag JOD too. Sometimes they fray me nerves.

    Keep hurling the sh*t me way. It keeps my fathead in check(a little).
    Last edited by Aquaholic; 03-09-2006 at 02:00 PM.
    What the EFF is "All MOUNTAIN"???

  18. #18
    Stray Bullet
    Reputation: Nagaredama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,275
    Quote Originally Posted by maggro
    dude the romic rocks on the asx i got luck on this one i think its the only one like it with that stoke and length. the guy i bought the frame from was doing some work for them or something.
    I just checked their website and they don't make them in 8.5 x 2.5. Kinda surprising. My KHS had a Romic on it and it felt great.

    Maybe I will go with a PUSH'ed Vanilla RC no propedal. Just as plush as possible.

  19. #19
    not so super...
    Reputation: SSINGA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    11,480
    Quote Originally Posted by rroeder
    Aqua- don't worry about ssinga, I'm sure your jump is much bigger but when your 7 1/2 feet tall compared to 4' even then of course his is gonna look bigger.

    **edit- this is someone's cue to photoshop aqua into ssinga's jump, or vice versa
    If you do that my gap jump will look like a curb drop and CC will be out there in his new DH duds.
    Nothing to see here.

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation: zaxxon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    188
    Quote Originally Posted by SSINGA
    that's all you got? Weaksauce!

    Can you say "dead sailor", weaknuts.
    -----------------------
    The world's only compatible bike builder
    wrenchscience

  21. #21
    Neg reppers r my biatches
    Reputation: FoShizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    17,248
    you are so sexy when you are cranky!

  22. #22
    Negative Rep Points!!!!
    Reputation: Aquaholic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,970
    Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzle
    you are so sexy when you are cranky!

    You STFU.


    And get a real avatar.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    What the EFF is "All MOUNTAIN"???

  23. #23
    Just another FOC'er
    Reputation: .Danno.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,222
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    I'm so proud of you..............

    There's a landing.......... a rollover.................I'm sorry..I can't do this..

    *sniff*

    Nice work man. Doubles on trails is cool.
    I've been working hard on mine too, it's get'n hooooge
    Attached Images Attached Images

  24. #24
    Outcast
    Reputation: Renegade's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    8,563
    And this is a real avatar?

    ****

  25. #25
    Negative Rep Points!!!!
    Reputation: Aquaholic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,970

    Hey Reneeee.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade
    And this is a real avatar?


    Hey Reneee:

    (Turn sound down if at work or around kids)


    http://www.funnypics.cc/media/stfu.php?name=Renegade
    What the EFF is "All MOUNTAIN"???

  26. #26
    Outcast
    Reputation: Renegade's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    8,563
    Aqua, I'm starting to think that you're too sensitive a guy for this whole hanging around with other people kind of thing. Didn't life at the insane asylum suit you? All the medication you need 24 hours a day, fresh magazines every month, nurses to wipe the drool from your face. Why did you give it up?
    ****

  27. #27
    banned
    Reputation: Jerk_Chicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    16,466
    Allow me to assist you...

    This was gonna be my avatar, but I decided against it for the sake of online decency.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  28. #28
    Negative Rep Points!!!!
    Reputation: Aquaholic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,970
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerk_Chicken
    Allow me to assist you...

    This was gonna be my avatar, but I decided against it for the sake of online decency.


    Jerk:

    That's killer! I have no sense of decency...mind if I grab it?
    What the EFF is "All MOUNTAIN"???

  29. #29
    Neg reppers r my biatches
    Reputation: FoShizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    17,248
    Damn dawg! that is the best ever

  30. #30
    banned
    Reputation: Jerk_Chicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    16,466
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquaholic
    Jerk:

    That's killer! I have no sense of decency...mind if I grab it?
    Yours.

    Credit goes to me, however. When I need a favor, I might have to call on you, in which case you can't refuse, bada-bing.

  31. #31
    Negative Rep Points!!!!
    Reputation: Aquaholic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,970

    Avatar Police

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerk_Chicken
    Yours.

    Credit goes to me, however. When I need a favor, I might have to call on you, in which case you can't refuse, bada-bing.


    Mannnnnn.
    I just tried to upload it as my new avatar and I get this message saying that "No gifs are allowed as avatars"!!!


    WTF??!!

    I blame this abomination on Fo ****head.

    PS I still owe ya.
    What the EFF is "All MOUNTAIN"???

  32. #32
    banned
    Reputation: Jerk_Chicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    16,466
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquaholic

    Mannnnnn.
    I just tried to upload it as my new avatar and I get this message saying that "No gifs are allowed as avatars"!!!


    WTF??!!

    I blame this abomination on Fo ****head.

    PS I still owe ya.
    Ahem, I recommend you use it as your sig.

  33. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Jewell of D(enial)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    468
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquaholic
    And, that scumbag JOD too. Sometimes they fray me nerves.
    Keep hurling the sh*t me way. (a little).
    Huh? (...confused and innocent look...) How'd I get into this? I didn't just post a pic of your HUGE a$$. Who was looking for trouble there?

    P.S. Nice shots above. Strong riding. Kick a$$ skills. (How'm I doing?)
    Bicycles have no walls.
    -Paul Cornish

  34. #34
    Negative Rep Points!!!!
    Reputation: Aquaholic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,970
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewell of D(enial)
    Huh?

    P.S. Nice shots above. Strong riding. Kick a$$ skills. (How'm I doing?)
    Don't play kiss ass with me, lady.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Aquaholic; 03-10-2006 at 08:37 AM.
    What the EFF is "All MOUNTAIN"???

  35. #35
    Negative Rep Points!!!!
    Reputation: Aquaholic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,970

    Ahhhh Nurses!

    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade
    Aqua, Didn't life at the insane asylum suit you? All the medication you need 24 hours a day, fresh magazines every month, nurses to wipe the drool from your face. Why did you give it up?
    Damn it, Reneeeeeee. I truly do miss those nurses!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    What the EFF is "All MOUNTAIN"???

  36. #36
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Jewell of D(enial)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    468
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquaholic
    Don't play kiss ass with me, lady.
    Did somebody say "kiss ass?"
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Bicycles have no walls.
    -Paul Cornish

  37. #37
    Negative Rep Points!!!!
    Reputation: Aquaholic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,970
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewell of D(enial)
    Did somebody say "kiss ass?"

    Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad!

    Ohhh look...the one on the far right has the ultimate "Homer accoutrement"...A gravity dropper.
    What the EFF is "All MOUNTAIN"???

  38. #38
    Outcast
    Reputation: Renegade's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    8,563
    Man, this is a great thread. I don't remember how it started, but it keeps getting better. The nurse on the right hand side; where does she stick that thing?
    ****

  39. #39
    banned
    Reputation: Jerk_Chicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    16,466
    Wow, if it wasn't for the fact that MTBR is structured around the Turner board and we have a token woman involved, this thread would go *poof*.

    BTW- the course this thread took would never fly with the Ventana guys. They have VERY high moral standards, owing to the fact that they're Buddhists.

  40. #40
    Negative Rep Points!!!!
    Reputation: Aquaholic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,970
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerk_Chicken

    BTW- the course this thread took would never fly with the Ventana guys. They have VERY high moral standards, owing to the fact that they're Buddhists.

    Now, what makes you say that? They've got that short bus ridin' clown, Fo Blockhead, to play court jester over there.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    What the EFF is "All MOUNTAIN"???

  41. #41
    Neg reppers r my biatches
    Reputation: FoShizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    17,248
    Aqua has always been into nurses, even as a child which is reflected by his favorite toy


  42. #42
    banned
    Reputation: Jerk_Chicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    16,466
    Hmmmm...are you saying that every Clowncrap Friday we swoop in on the Ventana board with "serious questions only"?

    WOW fans would know what I'm talking about.

  43. #43
    banned
    Reputation: Jerk_Chicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    16,466
    Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzle
    Aqua has always been into nurses, even as a child which is reflected by his favorite toy

    Please, your behavior here is beginning to disturb me. You obviously have some sort of sordid history with respect to Aqua, but please, keep it to yourselves and stop posting disgusting pictures.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  44. #44
    Negative Rep Points!!!!
    Reputation: Aquaholic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,970
    Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzle
    Aqua has always been into nurses, even as a child which is reflected by his favorite toy


    Modeled after our very own...JBailout!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    What the EFF is "All MOUNTAIN"???

  45. #45
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    26,596
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewell of D(enial)
    Did somebody say "kiss ass?"
    Do a quick click on the back button and they stop jiggling.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •