mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Gravity Dropper with Twist shifters, any good Solutions?

Hey, not a Turner specific question but I see lots of Gravity Dropper users here.

I have the taller grip shift compatable thumb trigger for my new gravity dropper but would like a finger option below the bars. Has anyone figured anything out for this application?

Thanks,
    Art
    2 wheels

The Ancient One
    Quote Originally Posted by artnshel
    Hey, not a Turner specific question but I see lots of Gravity Dropper users here.

I have the taller grip shift compatable thumb trigger for my new gravity dropper but would like a finger option below the bars. Has anyone figured anything out for this application?

Thanks,
    Art
    I have my thumb trigger mounted on the bottom on the left. It would be a right hand model if mounted on top.

They didn't make a grip shift compatible model when I got mine so I had to shim the bracket with little bits of plastic to get the trigger to slant some to clear the fat part of the shifter.
    "Don't criticize what you can't understand."

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Thanks, I thought that was possible but couldn't work it out the first time I tried it. With your confirmation I tried again and found I had to turn the part of the protruding part of XO shifter where the cable comes out further toward the back of the bars to get room for the trigger. It's possibly not as pretty as before but it is much better ergonomically below the bar where your thumb normally lives than above.
    2 wheels

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by artnshel
    Thanks, I thought that was possible but couldn't work it out the first time I tried it. With your confirmation I tried again and found I had to turn the part of the protruding part of XO shifter where the cable comes out further toward the back of the bars to get room for the trigger. It's possibly not as pretty as before but it is much better ergonomically below the bar where your thumb normally lives than above.
    Could you please post pics of what your setup looks like...I've been pondering a gravity dropper (with twisters) for a while.
    Thanks!
    Hydrate or Die Trying

Paper or plastic?
    Quote Originally Posted by PAINpusher
    Could you please post pics of what your setup looks like...I've been pondering a gravity dropper (with twisters) for a while.
    Thanks!
    I put mine on top. I use the slope of the kink in the handlebar to get the trigger to rise above the twistshifter.
    Faster is not always better, but it's always more fun

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Here's a link to someone elses pic's which are better than mine and a better set up to boot. MK has his cable coming out in front of the bar mine is in back and looks funny.
    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...24759#poststop
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2 wheels