Surfin' da mountain

Gravity Dropper - Turbo or Manual?

For those who know - which should I go with?

Crank Brothers reports they are coming out with a 27.2 dia Joplin - should I bother?

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    If you want the convenience of changing your seat height without getting off the bike, you might as well go for not having to take your hands of the handlebars.

I have the turbo and it works great.

TLL
    mtbr member
    Turbo biotch, just cuz of the words "Turbo".

Seriously, as long as you get the bar lever, I don't know that it matters. But I personally do not like the way the cable exits the SP on the Turbo model. Doh.
    Hadley rear hub service here and here.

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by Cucucachu
    For those who know - which should I go with?

Crank Brothers reports they are coming out with a 27.2 dia Joplin - should I bother?

by Manual: do you mean the Descender Post (not GD) or the regular GD?

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    what he said. get a lever. amp makes a nice post too and the cable routing is very clean.
    No, I'm NOT back!

Surfin' da mountain
    Quote Originally Posted by crisillo
    by Manual: do you mean the Descender Post (not GD) or the regular GD?
    Yes, I meant Descender. But CC's reference to the AMP looks like what I've looking for. The cable routes better
    Of the Manual posts, I like the Joplin because the lever is just under the seat. But it wouldn't currently fit my SPOT.
    Anyone know anything about the RASE Components' Black Mamba? See Latest News on the right side of this MTBR page.

CC, whats the downside of the AMP? If any?
    Gravity Dropper Turbo/Decender Post - only has 3 positions and the pin has to fit just right to lock in place.
    Joplin (Crank Bros) - when retracted, if the seat is pulled to the extended positon without actuating the lever, air enters the post forking things up.
    Last edited by Cucucachu; 07-07-2008 at 05:20 PM.

Au'Right!
    Nov 2004

Get a G.D.

Get a Turbo. Being able to extend the post without having to "preload" the saddle like the regualr G.D. is a bonus. Cable routing can be helped. Plus Wayne and Kim are great to deal with as far a customer service.
    Problem: "Bike has trouble going up steep hills."
    Fix: Recommend pressing harder on the pedals.

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    downsides:
    the amp has been know to kreak and squeek under some riders and a few have not been able to make it silent for some reason. not sure if this is a bad part or a bad hand. the lower collar seems soft and the detent balls will dig into it creating a very small loose spot than can be cured by turnin it by hand a cpl mil.

other than that, all is golden. cs has been excellent whenever ive had a question, problem or request. the lever is far better than the comp's, the post doesnt move up-n-down when ya clamp it between yer thighs like the mav/jop, no silly lookin fork boot left over from a manitou 3 like the gd's, dan is a top rate guy and id buy his post again.
    No, I'm NOT back!

trail fairy
    I hear with the new Iphone the ressurection of the GOREDUKE is back and has blue tooth capability, now that sounds like a crutch worth having, it'll cost more than a set of i9s and the wait is likly to be about 3-6months, custom colors etc backplates custom in Ti Carbon, unobtainioum etc etc Apparently ya doin't even need to ride, works for me now I just gotta wait for one, 6months for you guys is like years for us, we only getting 3rd season of BSG this week

Menu

Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs