mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Gravity Dropper R or L ?

I'm ordering and found out the handle bar mount is R or L specific.

Which side should I use ? Gut reaction is Right.
    All about the ride

mtbr member
    Left on a 5 spot, Right on an RFX, unless the RFX is black then it should be on the Left....

Team Sanchez
    I'm left handed, and run mine on the left. I'd say if you are right handed, then run it right.
    Team Sanchez; "Always hittin the upper lip"

trail fairy
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chingon
    I'm left handed, and run mine on the left. I'd say if you are right handed, then run it right.
    amberdextrious!

ah neva mind..
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    That is funny. Pretty lame question I guess. Surprised it wasn't a flip-flop design. And yes it is black so I'll put it on the right. You rock.
    All about the ride

Knollician
    Have you guys seen the voice activated Gravity Droppers? I have been fortunate enought to be testing one right now. Cool thing is, you can program it to activate on any word or phrase. I chose "Gravity Dropper....ENGAGE!" Works perfectly every time

"Three balls at once...who knew?" - Cotton McKnight

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    reminds me of a joke (dildodickwithwings).
    No, I'm NOT back!

FM
    luxatio erecta
    Quote Originally Posted by tiSS'er
    Have you guys seen the voice activated Gravity Droppers? I have been fortunate enought to be testing one right now. Cool thing is, you can program it to activate on any word or phrase. I chose "Gravity Dropper....ENGAGE!" Works perfectly every time
    yeah, it works pretty good- the wireless headset is a nice touch.

Between the gravity dropper and the recumbent RFX I'm getting a nice low center of gravity.

trail fairy
    meh..didn't we do this months ago, I thought blue tooth was the consensus

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

Live to Ride.Ride to Live
    Quote Originally Posted by greenmacheen
    Which side should I use ? Gut reaction is Right.
    Left, because i use more frequently the rear shifter (on the right side...)
    I'd like to meet the guy who invented beer and see what he's working on now.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tiSS'er
    Have you guys seen the voice activated Gravity Droppers?
    I've got mine rigged to use "The Clapper". Unfortunately, you have to briefly take both hands off the bars.

Rolling
    Under the bar--so get a right and use it on the left.

fos mom has a gd lever thats been moded into a butt plug. clench; release. unclench; locked. she tells me its the way to go.
    No, I'm NOT back!

Front Range, Colorado

A Crutch like device:

For lack of production of the famed GoreDuke I opted for the Crank Brothers Joplin adjustable seat post with remote. I have been eye balling the Maverick adjustable seat post for some time due to its IMO better craftsmanship than the Gravity Dropper. To my surprise Maverick has been taken over by Spot and they no longer make the Maverick adjustable seat post. But I found out that Crank Brothers bought the rights to the Maverick Speedball and worked on it for some time to make it even better. So I bought the Crank Brothers Joplin with remote and I am quite impressed so far. Nice looking design and the all-aluminum, air-sprung/oil-damped Joplin boasts three inches of hydraulic travel and is infinitely adjustable within that range. Oh and as someone else said about the Gravity Dropper being right or left mount specific with the remote. The Joplin has a joy stick that can be mounted on either side of the bars. And the frosting on the cake for me was, by coincidence some parts of it are anodized red to match my bike. I know they also offer a light blue or grey color. BTW Is there anybody else out there that has one and has any opinions on them? Check it out here...
    .http://newflavors.bicycling.com/2008...-brothers.html
    Last edited by DIRTJUNKIE; 07-01-2008 at 02:39 PM.

trail fairy
    bike
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE,

A Crutch like device:

For lack of production of the famed GoreDuke I opted for the Crank Brothers Joplin adjustable seat post with remote. I have been eye balling the Maverick adjustable seat post for some time due to its IMO better craftsmanship than the Gravity Dropper. To my surprise Maverick has been taken over by Spot and they no longer make the Maverick adjustable seat post. But I found out that Crank Brothers bought the rights to the Maverick Speedball and worked on it for some time to make it even better. So I bought the Crank Brothers Joplin with remote and I am quite impressed so far. Nice looking design and the all-aluminum, air-sprung/oil-damped Joplin boasts three inches of hydraulic travel and is infinitely adjustable within that range. Oh and as someone else said about the Gravity Dropper being right or left mount specific with the remote. The Joplin has a joy stick that can be mounted on either side of the bars. And the frosting on the cake for me was, by coincidence some parts of it are anodized red to match my bike. I know they also offer a light blue or grey color. BTW Is there anybody else out there that has one and has any opinions on them? Check it out here...
    .http://newflavors.bicycling.com/2008...-brothers.html
    What bike are u using the joplin on?
    They are still only available in diameters available 30.9mm and 31.6mm

Turners still are and thank gawd use 27.2mm post dia!

So point is lost on me
    for Turner owners atleast or until they have 27.2mm option!

Homers are a loyal bunch, GD have been good to them/us also, not saying others arent' can't be better or not tried but its good to look after those who look after u us etc!

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

yeppers! dj gets todays poopy head award for copy/pasting useless info in this thread after postin his own thread. oh so very poopy. shoulda waited till they release the 27.2 later this year (?).
    No, I'm NOT back!

trail fairy
    Quote Originally Posted by cactuscorn
    yeppers! dj gets todays poopy head award for copy/pasting useless info in this thread after postin his own thread. oh so very poopy. shoulda waited till they release the 27.2 later this year (?).
    Ah I just saw the other thread doh

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

Front Range, Colorado
    Oh sorry, I posted this before DT replied to my thread on this subject. I then realized that the Joplin doesn't come in Turner sizes. I ride an Intense and the only reason I posted this on the Turner forum was because of the reputation of Turner = gadgets and the majority of "crutch like devices" festooned to most of your bikes. So I thought this would have been the appropriate forum.
    Last edited by DIRTJUNKIE; 07-02-2008 at 12:53 PM.

everythings appropriate in here, pretty much. that doesnt mean i cant pass out the occasional poopy head award. be proud.
    No, I'm NOT back!

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    The Joplin via my LBS are riddled w/ problems. Amp just didn't give me any response on attempts to contact.

I ride a Turner because I don't sit around fixing/maintaining it. I'm going w/ GD hopefully for the same reason.
    All about the ride

trail fairy
    everythings appropriate in here, pretty much. that doesnt mean i cant pass out the occasional poopy head award. be proud.
    Dam stright he was trying to be helpful but poopy awards are all part of the fun and funs what its albout though it seems some around here are just plain grumpy and need to lighten up or change the channel I mention no names

Trolls

Last edited by trailadvent; 07-02-2008 at 08:37 PM.

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs